PDA

View Full Version : 250r (i wish)

Martin Blair
03-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Alright latly i have really been wanting a 250r well hers the deal my birthday is coming up and i want to make a deal with my parents we only have 2 bikes and would like three so heres what im trying to get them to say yes to. My mom and dad share a rancher right now but they both really like my 400 so i was thinking give the 400 to my mom, its yeller and that her favorite color and she likes it alot because its really easy to steer unlike locked 4x4 rancher. Anyway i was thinking give them my 400 and if i make striaght As for the end of last semester they can buy me an old 250r for my birthday just an old fix uper something i can work on as i will still be able to ride the other to there all really comunity property. what you think? anyoen got a old rough 250r for sale, maybe was in a wreck? as long as the frame is ok i wont to know aobut it, evne if frame is bent i wnt to know aobut it.

Thanks

CHAUNCY
03-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Keep an eye out in the cycle trader and ebay. It sounds like you got a good plan though.

03-29-2003, 03:24 AM
If i was you i would tell your dad he gets the 400, old guys like to have a little rush sometimes:devil ..Thats cool that your gettin an R tho.

Glow Plug
03-29-2003, 03:56 AM
sounds like a good plan hope you will find an r go on ebay alot and on the exriders classified, etc etc :D

03-29-2003, 05:49 AM
buy this R :D :macho

Guy400
03-29-2003, 06:16 AM
No offense man but you better come up with a back-up plan. Judging by your grammar and punctuation I don't know if straight A's is going to happen for ya:ermm:

cudaman
03-29-2003, 07:47 AM
your a dick guy. dont people realize when typing in forums or in chat punctuation doesnt really matter. and also maybe he isnt that good of a typer, lots of people write a lot better then they type. it doesnt really matter so y bring it up. im not trying to start a fight but thats a dumb thing to bring up.

Guy400
03-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by cudaman
your a dick guy. dont people realize when typing in forums or in chat punctuation doesnt really matter. and also maybe he isnt that good of a typer, lots of people write a lot better then they type. it doesnt really matter so y bring it up. im not trying to start a fight but thats a dumb thing to bring up. Unfortuantely, that's today's lazy internet generation talking. Proper grammar and punctuation should always be used. Being able to type in coherent sentences is just good English, the internet shouldn't be an exception. And are you telling me that it's more difficult to spell correctly on a PC keyboard than on a piece of paper using a pen? If you know how to spell, you know how to spell. It shouldn't matter the media you are using. I only pointed out the grammar and punctuation because he was talking about getting straight A's. When I was in school they counted spelling mistakes and graded accordingly.

own2424
03-29-2003, 07:56 AM
your a dick guy. dont people realize when typing in forums or in chat punctuation doesnt really matter. and also maybe he isnt that good of a typer, lots of people write a lot better then they type. it doesnt really matter so y bring it up. im not trying to start a fight but thats a dumb thing to bring up. Well, the way you type most likely REFLECTS the way your grammer and writing skills are. Just my 2 cents...:D

cudaman
03-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by own2424
Well, the way you type most likely REFLECTS the way your grammer and writing skills are. Just my 2 cents...:D

not always, maybe he was in a hurry. or maybe since this inst a report he isnt focused on if its perfect or not. lol just because his typing in a forum is not perfect doesnt mean hes dumb.

Guy400
03-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Did anyone call him dumb?

300EXrider02
03-29-2003, 09:25 AM
just drop it, it really doesnt matter, spell the way you want, and just try to keep all comments to yourself, were all a bunch of guys who just come on this site for fun, and enjoy talking to people, as long as you can unerstand what someone is saying it doesnt matter

Bean
03-29-2003, 09:28 AM
not always, maybe he was in a hurry. or maybe since this inst a report he isnt focused on if its perfect or not. lol just because his typing in a forum is not perfect doesnt mean hes dumb.

you cant spell either, your dumb to.

03-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
No offense man but you better come up with a back-up plan. Judging by your grammar and punctuation I don't know if straight A's is going to happen for ya:ermm:

*nods* *agree with Guy*

ME TINKS HN400exracer NOT THE BRIGHTEST APPLE ON THE TREE.
ME TINKS HN400exracer NOT GONNA GET ABOVE B's.
ME TINKS HN400exracer BETTER START WORKIN SOMEWHERE.
ME TINKS HN400exracer BETTER OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT.
ME TINKS ME GONNA LEAVE NOW CUZ BAD GRAMMER GIVES ME HEADACHE. IT LIKE A DEAF PERSON TRYIN TO DECODE MORSE CODE:blah

TheRedRebel17
03-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Bean
you cant spell either, your dumb to.

Well Bean, you seem to have some mistakes yourself.
It should read as: "You can't spell either, therefore you are dumb too.":)

03-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Arguing over the internet is quite pointless. Using proper English should be used, but nobody really cares. As long as you can understand what the person is trying to say, it shouldn't matter, its just a form of oral communication.

Get a job, dude, .. works wonders :D

And man, I would LOOOOVE to have a 400ex :rolleyes: your asking for an R :rolleyes:

cudaman
03-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by WOT400ex
Arguing over the internet is quite pointless. Using proper English should be used, but nobody really cares. As long as you can understand what the person is trying to say, it shouldn't matter, its just a form of oral communication.

Get a job, dude, .. works wonders :D

And man, I would LOOOOVE to have a 400ex :rolleyes: your asking for an R :rolleyes:

Your very right, but unfortunately some people are stuck on it. If they see a mistake its impossible for them not to say something. I dont quite understand why but they need to not be so obsessed with something stupid like that.

i would take an R over a 400ex anyday!!!

kicken250x
03-29-2003, 01:13 PM
i wish i had the picture....:devil some1 has to know what im talking about its just a matter of time befor it gets put on here...

but uh..yea why does it matter how he types? i type like a 5th grader but when i talk i sound like im smart as he!!, now i may not be but i have a verry wide range vocabulary i just do always use it. when i write papers for school i get sent to the office ALL the time because they think i just got on here and copied and pasted it and turned it in like that. but i hardly ever get on line or even look in books for my papers (thats what the discovery channel does for you:D). so you cant judge some1 by the way they type on a computer. why some people cant see that is beyond me. you people must get a real kick out of laughing at other people when they screw up:rolleyes:

....better go ahead and say it...no flame intended... cause i know some1 is going to take it that way:rolleyes: ...

born-to-race
03-29-2003, 04:16 PM
The guy asked a question but all you guys are talking about is punctuation? Start your own punctuation thread.

Martin Blair
03-29-2003, 06:53 PM
who cares how you type im not getting a grade for spelling and grammer in forums i dont sit there and read my post threw completely to make sure its perfect, i dont really care unless its soemthing thats going to be judged, i figured people wouldnt pay so much attention in forums.

Anyway it looks like i will be getting a R my dad told me to start looking threw the local classifieds, he doesnt want to drive to far, but im looking online too.

JHF219
03-29-2003, 07:13 PM
But damn i wish my parents would just up and say we are going to buy you an R my parents dont pay SH** !! everything i have is mine and mine only !! it means more when you bust your ***** to get something i can assure of that!! especially when you bust your ***** then some little thief tries to take everything you have worked for !! but that is besides the point !! I know what your thinking man they aint buying it for me im giving them my 400 so its fair right ??!! wrong i bet your parents are paying for the 400 also ??!!

RIGHT??

Martin Blair
03-29-2003, 07:33 PM
yeah im spoiled i know it would mean more to me if i had to work for it but im lucky ig uess that my parents are able to buy such things, they work for it but we have been looking for another quad anyway so i figure its cheaper to get a used r then a new wheeler.

300EXrider02
03-30-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
just drop it, it really doesnt matter, spell the way you want, and just try to keep all comments to yourself, were all a bunch of guys who just come on this site for fun, and enjoy talking to people, as long as you can unerstand what someone is saying it doesnt matter

I say again...

Martin Blair
03-30-2003, 08:53 AM
well i have been thinking and decided the money i have for a R, a little over 1200, im going to spedn on a new front end for my 400 instead. i made a post in suspension forum about what im looking for, i figured why not make what i have better instead of starting over again from nothing.

Guy400
03-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
well i have been thinking and decided the money i have for a R, a little over 1200, im going to spedn on a new front end for my 400 instead. i made a post in suspension forum about what im looking for, i figured why not make what i have better instead of starting over again from nothing. See there...that's smart thinkin':)

Glow Plug
03-30-2003, 11:16 AM
good thinking to put the money you have into your 400ex because then you know that the quad is in good shape and what it has been thoguh and your not taking chances on the condtion of the engine or the frame, and what it's been used for :)