PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU HAVE A TRUCK READ THIS! Rhino Liner(SUC*)

copenhagen
03-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Just an Interesting item all of you may wish to be aware of. I had a Rhino liner installed on my truck a year ago. Just recentley (Two months ago The entire bed floor of the liner raised and came of the bed. I called Rhino in Indianapolis and explained what had happend and was told to bring it in and they would do it for free. Upon arrival and inspection they told me that the liner raised because the bed had been covered with a cheap roll on liner before hand. I knew that at the time but was told that they stripped the roll on liner out before they sprayed the new one in. Now they say that they will spray a new liner in the truck for free but only if I pay to have my bed sand-blasted to remove all the preivious liner. After going round and round with the Indianapolis Franchise owner I have no choice but to pay to have it stripped and then recoated but I can tell all of you about the crappy service I had and hope that you take it into account before you put a Rhino Liner in your hauler.
Just a little info for anyone considering it.....

derekhonda
03-28-2003, 02:32 PM
thanks, im considering one and not far away from indianapolis either. do you think maybe the problem was isolated to just that one rhino dealer? what did it cost you to put that liner in, im thinking about going vortec instead of rhino. and where are you in indy and do you ride?

killed300ex
03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
dude its just the servise that stinks not to product. I mean its your dealers problem not the product. I think that the rino liners are awsome my cousin got one for his truck and i love it its so nice and easy to just spray out. But as for your situtation id say your ***** out of luck man gotta suck it up and pay for it sandblasted or if you wanted you could prolly go and get some aircraft stripper and strip the bed with that. Save quite a bit of money doing it yourself
killed

Tommy 17
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
i have the original rhino liner in my toyota t-100... i got it in 1995 when the truck was brand new and its perfect!!!! i'd never buy anything but it... its so stick that when i 1st got it i was loading logs for a fire into the truck... when i threw in the log it didn't slid and it dented in the floor of the bed... we've put anything u can think of in there and it won't slide no matter what!!!... the bed liner came off about 1 inch in the back on a lil piece... i kept it like that all winter and it never ripped anymore... soon as it was nice out they fixed it for free... redid the whole tail gate... it was my fault that it ripped puttin in a gun safe... best money i've spent on the truck so far is that liner... it won't rust under it like the molded liners either...

Nausty
03-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Man at least they are offering your the liner for free:huh Was it put on wrong buy a rhino dealer? If so I kinda think they should pay to have it sand blasted.

pairanutz
03-28-2003, 06:32 PM
The rino dealer in lafayette wouldnt install my liner until the old was ground out ,they used a grinder on mine to get the old cheap stuff out that zebart had installed.I can tell you that my rino lining is hundred times better than the stuff ZEBART put in, it discolored(it was sprayed in black but turned white and my truck is garage keept) in less than a year it was all scuffed down to the paint and they wouldnt even warranty it.

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 02:24 AM
My liner is in good shaoe for being 2 years old.

copenhagen
03-29-2003, 05:42 AM
Looks like everyone misunderstood what I'm trying to say.....I don't doubt the product but the service. I'm still a little p***** that the corprate office will not stand by their product when it is not installed correctly or poorly. Reguardless of the other liner being in the bed before, they should have told me about it then rather than charge me to strip something out that I was told was already removed and that the liner would be fine. Instead now I have to chuck out $150 bucks for them to do what they were supposed to have already done. Poor Business as far as I'm concerned. When the corprate office will not do anything about it either, then I'm done with them. I don't care if the product is the best in the world, if the service sucks I'll go somewhere else

Instinctz
03-29-2003, 06:20 AM
Doesnt sound like poor buisness to me, come on.. so far all these people had their rips replaced *FREE* even if its thier fault.

They cant go around doing that $150 and give you a free spray over that. From what I understand, you had a previous bed liner in there, and didnt remove it..

Extremeracer167
03-29-2003, 06:28 AM
Yeah we have had nothing buy good luck with all of our trucks. There service has been great. If i was you, ide get it sand blasted and quit your bellyachin, becasue they said they would respray it for free. What more do want:confused:

copenhagen
03-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Well I'm glad you all are happy with your liners but as I said before they told me about the roll-in liner and that they would strip it the first time and obviously they didn't. So now I'm expected to pay for something that I shoulden't even have done because it was supposed to already be done. I'm not whining I'm just tellin' it like it is. Just tring to inform people of what to be aware of when dealing with Places like that. If you had to pay for something you already did. then you would understand!

derekhonda
03-29-2003, 07:25 AM
i think his biggest complaint is that they told him that he needed to get that roll on liner out of there, and then said they would take care of it. they didnt do their part of the deal in removing it completely, and now the rhino isnt sticking right. their mess up caused this to happen, they should fix it all

copenhagen
03-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
i think his biggest complaint is that they told him that he needed to get that roll on liner out of there, and then said they would take care of it. they didnt do their part of the deal in removing it completely, and now the rhino isnt sticking right. their mess up caused this to happen, they should fix it all

Exactly!!!!!!

Instinctz
03-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Well sense they are wanting you to pay for it done, somewhere else, are you sure they where not just telling you it needed to be removed.

Rip_Tear
03-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info, but you can't say that spray in liners aren't the best :D (I know you didnt) I really like them, and its the same price as a crappier one (here anyways :D ) Hope this one is better for you :D

redroost85
03-29-2003, 01:06 PM
I have a Speedliner put in mine. It is supposed to be even better than the Rhino. BUT, it is peeling a little on the tailgate....I think due to the ramps and me flying into the bed of my truck like a jackazz with the quad!:eek2: A friend of mine is a dealer for Speedliner and is willing to fix it for free........well, maybe some brews will settle the deal for him!:D