PDA

View Full Version : dales?

ex kid
03-28-2003, 08:19 AM
what do u guys think of cannondales. how do they comapre with a built R, raptor, Z or EX. they look fast as hell, cause i've seen guys like tyson tomas and ben jackson on them. just wondern

TagRider
03-28-2003, 08:25 AM
They're fast but maintenance is a complete nightmare. My friend said his friend at college just bought one and he's always changing the oil in it and it fouls plugs like a ******.

Dale512
03-28-2003, 08:46 AM
No more maintenance than on a CRF450 or YZ450F engine and if he's fouling plugs then its either the person or his fuel injection mapping may be alittle off.

Pappy
03-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by TagRider
They're fast but maintenance is a complete nightmare. My friend said his friend at college just bought one and he's always changing the oil in it and it fouls plugs like a ******.

cough cough...bullchit...cough cough

if he is foulin plugs then he has a mapping problem or needs to drop the hammer more often

danyeo
03-31-2003, 07:03 AM
Yes, they are a little more maintenance but it's worth it, my 400ex had T-4 exhaust, white Bros rev kit, K&N and rejetted and still there is no comparison, the Cannibal is in another league. I got it so i don't have to spend another 1000-2000 to make it fast, i wanted a speed demon out of the box and i got it. Don't worry about parts, they are out there. I myself have a complete spare inventory for mine so I'm set for a while. Got it for 4500.

balla250ex
04-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Would'nt it be cheaper to buy a used or new bansee for that matter and fix it up rather than spending whut is it like 10 and 12 thou for a dale. It seems if u get a used shee u could make it fast and still have money left over compared to the price u pay for a dale.

Maybe I am wrong? :confused:

anywhereEx
04-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Well if you are going to be spending 10-12 on a dale you are buying a out of the box racer.

How much would you have in the Shee to get it within comparison? That is the biggest question

04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Cannondales are awesome, but right now if you break a part they are quite exspensive to replace

rookiex
04-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Remember this boyz......Well in comparison....The dale is a little harder to work on...Accept when you get the motor out then it seems vary easy...You cannot even put a EX Z RAPTOR in the same catagory...My modded ex all decked out...Lets put it this way....I have had my dale for like a week an like it better!!!!

Parts shouldnt be hard to find called around all over ohio PA IN an ILL an they all said they have a ''surplus'' of cannondale parts...

anywhereEx
04-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Quick question.....How is the dale so hard to work on?

Just wondering because all that I have is the bullitens and torque specs and have not seen where it is so much harder??? You have to get used to them like every other quad....and fouling plugs is your own problem....will happen on any bike no matter the brand if it is not set up right.

Let's see $300 for the d&m kit and free maps. Or multiple jets/needles then wanting more power....here comes a fcr $450....take your pick....each has it's one specal things but I like being able to adjust where I want my power at the touch of a few buttons:devil

danyeo
04-03-2003, 06:04 PM
The oil changes are just a little more involving but so what! It's worth it for what we get!

04-03-2003, 06:33 PM
cough cough...bullchit...cough cough

Kenny I am with you on that one :)

But I knew this guy who's cousins friend was dating this guy who's uncles had a friend that worked with a girl that once heard some one say "stupid is as stupid does" and knew nothing about cannondales at all. :D

anywhereEx
04-04-2003, 06:53 AM
But I knew this guy who's cousins friend was dating this guy who's uncles had a friend that worked with a girl that once heard some one say "stupid is as stupid does" and knew nothing about cannondales at all.

That's the quote we were all looking for:D

Meek
04-09-2003, 10:20 PM
I think that I work with that guy.

ranger400ex
04-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey DS, you want that EX to be able to make it to the MX this weekend, then keep it down pal.

Ben:grr

Meek
04-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Did you get the mouse out ranger?