PDA

View Full Version : 700 V-Force top speed 78.4 stock?

balla250ex
03-27-2003, 02:08 PM
I was on atcconnection.com the other day and saw that a guy had radared himself on a GPS radar and it had him topped out @ 78.4 mph. That is fast, but keep in mind, this thing is stock. I guess it can happen but that seems a lil fast for a stock quad. even tho it is a 2 piston 700, that means that if it were a 2 stroke it would have the power of one banshee in one piston!! that is crazy.

Also, Honda really really needs to produce a new hi-performance quad that can either keep up or preferably outrun these new quads such as the predator and v-force. I am anxious to buy one of these quads but I am hesitant to leave the reliability of Honda. My 250ex is the most reliable quad imaginable!

RiDe ReD1

Leo
03-27-2003, 03:02 PM
he used a "GPS radar".. lol

it's not impossible that it does go that fast, the big question is where?

biggest motor in no way means best bike..

I can just imagine trying to wrestle that tank through the woods.. <sigh>

I really like the praire 4wd, decent machine (although not god like as most people describe it)...

Take away the 4wd + utility features and you have a overweight quad that seriously needs a diet.

Leo

KevinM
03-27-2003, 03:12 PM
The 700 cruises through the woods like a 300HP Cadillac. I never even notice the weight, but if you're a smallish guy I guess it could be a problem.

David28
03-27-2003, 03:19 PM
I have always been loyal to honda but if they dont come out with a new sport quad soon its not lookin good

03-27-2003, 03:20 PM
I dealer of mine I talked o said he has watched a guy race one on gncc track and it just hauls but man.

KevinM
03-27-2003, 03:23 PM
There are already a couple of V-Forces with dual exhausts racing in GNCC. According to a guy on a different forum who races on a Raptor, the Kawi's pulled the holeshot in almost every class they were entered in.

400exTN
03-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Diet definitely but this quad will really surprise you. It handles very well to be 500+. Acceleration is great but it does seem to lag in the mid range but I think this has to do with the brain/rev box. So far the DMC dual exhausts have helped this problem. Overall, I'm quite impressed with the 700. I do have very limited seat time but what little I had was a blast. I don't know anyone who has ridden the 700 and not enjoyed themselves.

03-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Yea I heard the same, also through the staright's it's just wamm.. its gone.. i bet it fly's through the sky and trails too

Leo
03-27-2003, 11:39 PM
:huh maybe I'm just to old fashioned for my own good.. lol..

I just have a hard time considering something that heavy with shaft drive and an auto "sporty".. I'm sure the motor more than handles the extra weight, but I don't know if I'd want to :D

Leo

freakystone
03-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Kawi should do what Zuki did with the Vinson... Automatic or 5 speed manual.

I think I could get over the wieght, maybe. But I cant get over the stab-n-go tranny. More snowmobile like I guess... I never got hot on snowmobiles.

250r/master3
03-28-2003, 02:25 AM
honda is not going to make a new quad becuase they are still selling so meny 400ex's there is no point for them to make a more advanced quad.

01TRX300EX
03-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 250r/master3
honda is not going to make a new quad becuase they are still selling so meny 400ex's there is no point for them to make a more advanced quad.

Actually from what I see the sales have been down ever since the Z came out. As far as the weight goes, I can mandhandle my uncle's Grizz around just fine, the KFX shouldnt be a problem.

03-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
Actually from what I see the sales have been down ever since the Z came out.

I TOTALLY AGREE

Striker49
03-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by 250r/master3

Its more like they have a surplus of them...i think they have made to many and now they cant get rid of them like they used too.

I bet if you look at a report for the months between June 2001- Feb 2002 and then another report for June 2002-Feb 2003 the 400ex sales would be considerably lower than what they would be in the first report.
See, it used to be the Raptor and 400ex leading sellers in the ATV division about a year ago. Since then youve had the CDales come up, Z and KFX 400s, Gas Gas is just making its way onto the market with their 450efi (right?) and their 300HP 2-stroke, and now the Kawi 700 V-F, and you cant forget the Predator :D ...so now the market in high speed 4 stroke racers has broadened up alot.

Just throwin a few cents at ya. :p

balla250ex
03-29-2003, 02:45 AM
Yea I am a tad bit worried about Honda. I know they mite still be sellin high on the 400ex's but even if they are'nt the sales are gonna come to a complete stop. Maybe then they will realize they need to produce sumthin new. I would'nt mind seeing a 500 or 600ex. They don't need to make an automatic tho. It seems like the atv market is jus copyin each other. Suzuki made the Z off of a 400EX , then kawie made the kfx400 off the Z. Now we have the automatic v-f 700 that is an automatic like the prairie jus with a bigger, sportier engine. Honda should Come out with a fast, reliable (you can count on reliable:D ) quad.

But, hey, That's just me.

cheetah
03-29-2003, 03:10 AM
The new 700s are fast. There was one at the drag stip last night and it was beating everything.

03-29-2003, 04:54 AM
"Take away the 4wd + utility features and you have a overweight quad that seriously needs a diet."

they did put it on a diet, its lighter than a prairie, they say stock it will take raptors and stuff also they made some changes to the motor to make it quicker, i dont think with all the power it has the weight is much of a disadvantage since it will whup alot of sport quads

Striker49
03-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex
Yea I am a tad bit worried about Honda. I know they mite still be sellin high on the 400ex's but even if they are'nt the sales are gonna come to a complete stop. Maybe then they will realize they need to produce sumthin new. I would'nt mind seeing a 500 or 600ex. They don't need to make an automatic tho. It seems like the atv market is jus copyin each other. Suzuki made the Z off of a 400EX , then kawie made the kfx400 off the Z. Now we have the automatic v-f 700 that is an automatic like the prairie jus with a bigger, sportier engine. Honda should Come out with a fast, reliable (you can count on reliable:D ) quad.

But, hey, That's just me.

Its as simple as this... "Stick to what works." It is considerably cheaper to make chages to an already built engine than put together a design team and put in money to make a brand new motor. The Z/KFX copied the 400ex-like handling b/c its one of the best out there, and so is the frame dimensions...so why not use something similar with a faster engine and get a better bike? See what I mean? Its all about cost vs effectiveness. :)

Leo
03-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
"Take away the 4wd + utility features and you have a overweight quad that seriously needs a diet."

they did put it on a diet, its lighter than a prairie, they say stock it will take raptors and stuff also they made some changes to the motor to make it quicker, i dont think with all the power it has the weight is much of a disadvantage since it will whup alot of sport quads

It'd have to be lighter than a praire they took off the racks and 4wd.

Chase me around the trails all day on a 500++ quad.. Then tell me it's not seriously overweight..

No matter how much HP something has you can't overcome the laws of physics.

Oh wait.. I forgot it's a V-Twin, it's gotta be good.. like Harley good even.. :huh

Leo

Tommy 17
03-29-2003, 10:42 AM
i just can't figure out y they are building all these quads over 440ccs... u cant race them in any of the national clases and some local!!!

you can tell that the factories really care about makin the sport beter... all they want is to have the biggest cc named quad under them... i hate the factories... they make no sense:rolleyes: :o

FourFiftyFour
03-29-2003, 10:56 AM
this quad is just plain UGLY! lol... it looks like a freakin tank.. send em all to Iraq and run down the Iraq soldiers since they are fast and big enough for it

FourFiftyFour
03-29-2003, 10:58 AM
oh yeah and someones gonna end up takin these tanks out on the MX tracks.... they will end up takin up the whole track! they will have to re-widen everything...... ugh the thing looks too big to be allowed in the sport quad category and sorry but the auto crap? thats just for those utility quads...... what in the heII was KAW thinking?!?!?!?!

03-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Kawi needs a big kick in the crotch there so stupid i think making it a auto was the biggest mistake this century

03-29-2003, 11:25 AM
oh yeah and i think Crapasaki should have re did the Tecate even if it was a 2 stroke like made a 500 super light manual like how the original tecate was:mad: :mad: :grr :grr :mad: :mad:

jaspurx
03-29-2003, 11:30 AM
i guess kawasaki thought us aport quads wanted to be as lazy as the slow auto tranny`s ! but honda is building something bigger. thats why kory ellis ( if i remember right ) could not make it to baja!! he`s been helping test-ride their secret weapon!!! i just gotta have one

03-29-2003, 11:34 AM
WOW and i thought i was late on info. umm i dont think its kory ellis i thought it was Tim Farr

KevinM
03-29-2003, 01:07 PM
LMAO. 250x riders cracking on a 700 twin. Go read some of the magazine reviews of the Kawi and you'll see what people that know something about a quad think about the 700.

01TRX300EX
03-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i just can't figure out y they are building all these quads over 440ccs... u cant race them in any of the national clases and some local!!!

you can tell that the factories really care about makin the sport beter... all they want is to have the biggest cc named quad under them... i hate the factories... they make no sense:rolleyes: :o

Not everyone races in the national classes, heck, most people dont race at all. The majority of sport quad and high-performance buyers trailride on the weekend, and that's what the factories try and target at. Not that there arent a lot of MX racers, but there aren't nearly as many of them as weekend riders. Which makes the 700 a great vehicle that will obviously sell well, and if I had the money I would have one of them and a Z400 to have the best of both worlds.

03-29-2003, 02:22 PM
i think atv racing is gonna be mostly xc, the manufactuers are only interested in that it seems and there building quads for it, its what quads do best and everyone can do it plus it doesnt look as dangerous but from what i hear it can be pretty hairy

Leo
03-29-2003, 02:26 PM
I think this quad was built specifically for the

'gotta have the biggest, baddest toy to lean on when I'm out drinking beer.. err.. riding' type crowd.. ;)

Leo

03-29-2003, 02:29 PM
yeah lol, id still like to take one of those for a rip or do a lil xc ridin on it

Striker49
03-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by KevinM
LMAO. 250x riders cracking on a 700 twin. Go read some of the magazine reviews of the Kawi and you'll see what people that know something about a quad think about the 700.

Noob :rolleyes:

The Kawi is too big for the track, we all know that, but im 95% sure they were aimin for the GNCCs. From Team Green alone, they have 4 V-Forces and 2 Praries...2 of the Vs in the Open A I believe and they appear to be doing pretty good all things considering.

Its more or less going to be a Woods/Dune King and thats all there is too it...well, it might sink in the sand! lmao. :p

03-29-2003, 04:53 PM
hey indygncc races one and from what i hear hes been doin awesome on it, i think kawi had a good idea when makin this quad, it weighs the same as the ds supposedly and its smaller but still bigger than a 400, i say good job kawi, i like the idea of a auto seems like if its done right it could be somewhat helpful for xc

Leo
03-29-2003, 05:53 PM

Yes, the magazines speak only the truth..

Advertising money spent has no effect on the results..

:huh

lol

FourFiftyFour
03-29-2003, 06:05 PM

oh you mean the magazines that voted a BOMBADIER as quad of the year? hmmmmm :huh
or the dirtwheels mag who says cdales are crap now? ehhh.... i TRIED to read the article on the 700.. but there were too many pics of it... kept ruining the info i was reading.......

03-29-2003, 06:55 PM
why shouldnt the ds have been quad of the year? nothin else was happening that year

FourFiftyFour
03-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
why shouldnt the ds have been quad of the year? nothin else was happening that year

i dunno...just dissappointing... id rather it have been the predator or KFX400.. a sport quad

4punksdad
03-30-2003, 02:25 AM
ever read the NON-honda forum?

03-30-2003, 10:46 AM
predator and kfx werent out in 00 or 01.....

jaspurx
04-03-2003, 06:14 AM
see , the raptor was popular , the preadator got atv sport quad of the year!and lets not forget the banshee !! 440 may mean a lot to you and me , but not those guys. look to see baja won by one too!! i still say a cannondale or highly modified honda will eat them up on anything but a long straight drag. but thats if you wanna race against open class! but then a trx400ex was the first sport quad over the finish line again last year at baja!!it is a matter of money after you already own a quad!!