PDA

View Full Version : Carb stuck wide open

kc_hodgin8437
03-27-2003, 12:34 PM
My carb is stuck wide open, so i took it apart and checked everything and cranked it back up and its still wide a** open when idiling. The idle screw is all the way out, so whut else could it be?

SUPERFLY 400
03-27-2003, 01:11 PM
LOL you and me both having carb problems... Of course i think i can help your situation out. first check your idle screw. second pull your rear air box intake tube off the carb and look inside to see if your needle and plunger is not stuck (actuate the throttle lever and observe the plunger is moving up (full throttle) and down (idle). third, what did you do before this happened...did you have the carb off, install anything. I need to know to kind of have an idea on where to begin...;)

OutlawEX
03-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Clean ur carb and check all the cable and make sure it isnt kinked and make sure the slide is working properly and also the bowl

kc_hodgin8437
03-27-2003, 02:07 PM
i was gonna change the mj and i took it apart and all the sh*t fell outta the bottem of it, but i got it all back togher right today. I think i twisted the throttle cable a bunch when i was takin it off and on, because i was unscrewing the cable at the top and it twisted a bunch of times , and when i put it back on i didnt twist it the oppisite nearly as many. So ima mess with it so more tommorw when the new exhaust system gets here, o ya i but the stock mj back in............thx for the help guys....... o ya the first guy that replied, the same thing happend to me the same day it happend to u, my jet snapped off in the holder haha, pure luck eah.........im on aol at hodgin8437

stroked300ex
03-27-2003, 02:35 PM
I am having the same problem... but when my throttle got stuck wide open.. my engine blew up because i was wide open in 5th gear and the throttle got stuck and it cracked my piston and all my valves.. i took the throttle cable off and i took WD40 and sprayed it and lubed it really good and made sure there was so dirt inside it.. also check the throttle box.. there is a return spring in there or on the carb that may be worn out.. check that also.. later man :rolleyes: