PDA

View Full Version : How much?

breadman400ex
03-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, we had to sell the blaster the other day... and now we have to get the wife another quad... so we can goto the Hatfield & McCoy. but we don't have a lot to spend on one.. there is a guy that lives down the street from us that is a "repo man" and from what I understand he is the big boss at the bank that repoed them... he has 3 400ex's down there in his yard one red 2002 and 2 yellow 2001's... that he has repoed'... I walked down to talk to him but he wasn't home the all three of them look to be in rough shape... but all three would make good project quad's... one yellow one has race cut fenders, beadlock rims, E-series silencer, chain and swing arm area is pretty rusty from sitting outside, the other yellow one has full fenders, Tag handlebars, stock exhuast, and the red one has DG exhuast and from what I could tell it was stock other than that... Haven't had a chance to hear them run yet but being in that condition they couldn't want too much for them could they? just wonderin if anyone has ever bought a repo quad... that way I know what to expect on pricing... I would like to buy two of them if he isn't wanting too much for them... one for the wife... and then one for parts or another project quad... I was wanting to go down and take some pics of them.. but the wife said no... not without them knowing... lol any input? thanks

muff
03-27-2003, 11:30 AM
before you buy it, let it idle for a little bit, run it around and make sure the engine isnt makin any strange noises, check the front upper shock mounts for cracks, check the oil level and air filter to see if common matience was done

just get a little seat in on it and make sure everythings workin good

and good luck on findin a good one