PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. R4

Drtridr18
12-16-2001, 11:15 AM
Is the Whie Bros. R4 pipe very loud, like obnoxious? I was thinking of getting a slip on for my 400, either that or a Supertrapp.

THANKS

hippy440
12-16-2001, 11:20 AM
The r4 is very loud but sounds good!!

Dave400ex
12-16-2001, 02:13 PM
It`s loud, but not like Curtis Sparks, LRD, or TC loud.

12-16-2001, 08:02 PM
I have the WB R4 it is a very good pipe its loud and has a deep rumble to it sounds very nice. I also have the pipe for it. I would recommend getting the pipe too. The only complaint I have is the spark arrester. It is removable, made of screen you can take it in and out when ever you want. anyways the screen is weak and it blows out after a while and needs to be replaced. I never use the spark arrester anyways. I love the pipe though. Anyone know how to re-pack it>?

:)

oynot400
12-17-2001, 08:20 AM
One of the guys that I ride with got that pipe. He really likes it, it has a good sound and good power gains also. Not bad for a stock machine. I would recomend it. ;)

12-17-2001, 11:17 PM
I fit has rivets start at the rear of the pipe & drill them out, pull on the exhaust tip to remove the baffle, buy a couple of repacking kits at the bike shop & wrap the packing around the baffle as tight as you can get it, you want as much packing as you can fit back into the cannister. If the baffle wont pull out you may have to drill out the front rivets & remove the cannister from the pipe but I'm pretty shure they have a couple of diff baffles for this pipe so it should pull out from the back.