PDA

View Full Version : aarm powder question

EHSRACING
03-27-2003, 11:01 AM
hey you powder guys i am about ready to start my powder coating of my frame and everything else. my question is i want to do my aarms i see that the ball joints are non removable does this mean that i wont be able to powder coat my stock arms or can i throw them in the oven anyway with the boots on there im not really sure what to do about this sitiation any help appreciated

Doibugu2
03-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Pappy did mine it black because it takes less time to cure I guess. He really didn't want to do any other color because of you fear.

gojk
03-27-2003, 11:12 AM
It can be done but because the powder can't get up to the right temp the powder will be real brittle and wouldn't even be worth gettin it done. So the answer should be no by any reputable PC company but some might just do it for the money.

tjd400
03-27-2003, 11:39 AM
If you do this mod you can powder them. I myself have not yet tried this mod but it depends on how bad you want to powder them.:rolleyes: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43248&highlight=ball+joint

UglyMotha™
03-28-2003, 01:24 AM
i did this mod

Pappy
03-28-2003, 01:31 AM
yep i dont recommend it. i did douibugu's set as a test. i have met a ton of people that have done them on thier quads....but i think you are better served by just painting them....or doing the ball joint mod. better yet.....save up and get an aftermarket set:)

MX250r
03-28-2003, 08:42 PM
I painted a 250r frame with some paint my dad picked up for me at a paint shop and they said that this stuff my dad baught was the closest thing to PC. It has been rode now for about a year and a half and the only spot of wearing off is where your boots rub the frame by the foot peg. It is spendy rattle-can paint but it is great if you want to do it yourself. I think it was the best paint that you can get from RUSTOLEUM. Don't be afraid to give it a try, you can always JASCO remove it. Good luck, i'd do it myself if i was you.