PDA

View Full Version : Question about GNC at Loretta's

Razorback
03-27-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm going to attend the GNC at Loretta Lynn's place this year. For those who have been, what all happens on the Friday before the races? I'm planning on driving up that day, but I wanted to see how early I need to arrive.

Do they have practice or anything? I'm going to race, so I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get there on Thursday or something.

Also, can you camp at the track? I figured I would just sleep in my trailer if possible.

MXQUAD294
03-27-2003, 11:55 AM
They practice all day Friday. It's like an extra $10. They have full RV hook ups around the facilities. It's first come, first serve. Unless you get there Thursday, you probably won't get real close to the track. We normally park up the hill from the track(you'll know where I'm talking about after you get there). There's been a spot up there the last two years and we didn't get there until about 12:00am Friday night/Sat. morning. It will take you a few minutes to walk down to the track from there. Personally, I like it up there. Lots of shade, bathrooms with showers, a convienence store (that sells beer I might add), a game room, and laundry mat. I can't remember how much it costs to camp- last year we ended up not paying a dime, and the year before I think we payed $25 for the weekend. Not sure if I'll make any Nationals this year- I quit my full time job to go to Graduate School so money is tight. Hope this helps you out. Sorry to write an essay-like response!

Razorback
03-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks man. That's the kind of feedback I was wanting.

BTW, I think I might have mentioned this to you before, but I have a very good friend who lives in Barling. Small world, huh? Are you a Hog fan?

03-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Well i'm gonna try like he11 to get jeff from the quadshop to make the hual down there with me and race at Lorettas this year..:macho

Razorback
03-28-2003, 02:17 AM
As close as you guys are, you better all be there :D

03-28-2003, 02:44 AM
I've got another buddy that will probably go to if jeff doesn't want to..but yeah pretty good odds I'm gonna come down there and see what kinda he11 i can give that track...what class you gonna run Scott.???

Razorback
03-28-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I've got another buddy that will probably go to if jeff doesn't want to..but yeah pretty good odds I'm gonna come down there and see what kinda he11 i can give that track...what class you gonna run Scott.???

I'm not quite sure yet. Probably either +30 or 4-stroke B or Open B or C. I need to talk to some of the people I race with who've been to figure out which class might suit me best. I prefer to race as high of a class that is reasonable.

I usually do the opposite of sandbagging. I feel that I can learn better riding against people better than me. Also, the higher classes have better riders, which tends to lead to less crashes and people know how to get out of the way when they are supposed to :D

[edit] what about you?

03-28-2003, 05:19 AM
Probably 25+ class..which i consider an open class...as long as your over 25 you qualify...:D Plus it's cool running in the open classes because you can race all makes of quads and there's no better feeling than smokin dales, Z, rapturds, 250Rs and what not outa the hole....:devil

Razorback
03-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Probably 25+ class..which i consider an open class...as long as your over 25 you qualify...:D Plus it's cool running in the open classes because you can race all makes of quads and there's no better feeling than smokin dales, Z, rapturds, 250Rs and what not outa the hole....:devil

Maybe if we race the same class, we can take the holeshot and create an EXriders barrier and not let anyone pass :devil