PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizers

12-16-2001, 10:05 AM
iv been comparing stabilizers and was wondering if anyone here has a pep, or denton racing stabilizer? if anyone has any info that would be appriciated!

86atc250r
12-16-2001, 01:25 PM
Get the aluminum bodied Denton rebuildable damper (or any other Shindy based rebuildable damper, Graydon, Muscle, etc) - take my word, don't screw around with any of the others....

The only other choices would be a Scotts or a W.E.R - but they're quite a bit more money.

400MXer
12-16-2001, 02:25 PM
whatever you do, buy a rebuildable one. The new PEP or the Denton are good. i would guess that they are probably the most used among people. But i guess that doesn't make it the best.

I too would like to get one in the near future!

12-17-2001, 11:43 AM
The muscle baby,,speedracingproducts.com,,pretty much the same thing as the new denton stabilizer..

12-17-2001, 02:35 PM
thanks alot for the info guys, but does anyone know how complicated the instalation is? thanks!

12-17-2001, 02:48 PM
installin them is not hard at all,,,the biggest pain in the but is getting them mounted up without putting it in a bind when you turn the handle bars but no biggy,,might take ya 30 minutes to install one..

Scott
12-17-2001, 02:48 PM
The install is pretty tough on the new denton's. It must have taken at least 10 mins. Hmmm, bolt to frame, bolt to steering stem, poof-ta, all done.

Seriously, it is a bolt on, should be painless. Just make sure when you're done you can still go from stop to stop (max left to max right) with the bars. It is possible to put the stabilizer on a bind or max out the stabilizer travel before the bars are turned all the way if you bolt it on wrong.

No matter which one you get, you'll be glad you did.

86atc250r
12-17-2001, 02:52 PM
Also, when installing -

Make sure that you have it adjusted so that you get a 90 deg angle between the steering stem mount arm and absorber shaft with the handlebars centered.

Otherwise the geometry will be off and you'll get more damping one direction than you do to the other...