PDA

View Full Version : problem installing a arms?

zzbudzz
03-27-2003, 09:27 AM
i have a little problem? i have a mounting bolt stuck in the sleeve of the a arm?i can't get it to go in or pull it out ?! what should i do know? beat it in and never get it out........these arms are a b##ch to put on !

03-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Pull the other side's bolt out and see if that one will go in easier....then reinstall the other bolt....or hit the SOB with a hammer and be done with it...:devil

Extremeracer167
03-27-2003, 09:36 AM
i wouldnt do that, mind him, hes prob. been drinking, LMAO. If u beat on the thing, u can break the bracket off, or screw the threads up. Ide tap it out from the other side. ANd like he said try putting them through again.

zzbudzz
03-27-2003, 09:41 AM
i think my only choice is to beat it in .....cause i can't get it out at all! :mad: i just hope i don't screw my threads up!?:ermm:h#ll i already beat on some ,i quit cause i started to mess up the head of the bolt... :mad: :mad: :mad:i can't get a good hit on it from the other side? I'M going to start drinking screw it! i thought the hard part with this stuff was paying for it !.........i guess the next thing i buy i'd better check to see if it's idiot proof!:rolleyes:

QuadTrix6
03-27-2003, 10:48 AM
yea i am having the same problem the bolt won't fit through (1) of the four sleeves i called houser and they are sending me a new sleeve maybe you should give them a ring. im having some other problems too ..like aftyer i bolted them up without the shock on its kinda hard to moove the a arms up and down, and im not sure if i put that bolt on in the pic above too tight ???? any help would be great. if i wear you i would put a crew driver in the other side and bang it out..good luck

nick23
03-27-2003, 11:16 AM
beat it in...when u get it out all u need is a center punch!

DEAL
03-27-2003, 11:19 AM
what rico said.
Hammers work wonders.

kabd69667
03-27-2003, 12:18 PM
just easily tap it in. then when/if you get it in, it should come right out. If i were you and i did get it out, take it to your local hardware or honda shop and get a new bolt. The head looks like its starting to strip.

03-27-2003, 03:09 PM
take something smaller then the hole like a punch ..& line it up directly in middle of the bolt & tap on bolt only ..til it comes out
after it comes out ..try a round file against the sleeve to make room for the bolt ...a lil never seize helps when isntalling ..& help if ya remove them in the future

03-27-2003, 03:20 PM
instead of using a metal hammer try using a dead beat, they will work just as good but wont mess anything up with you hit it too hard or miss the bolt entirely

RideRed400StYlE
03-27-2003, 03:28 PM
I had the same problem with mine.. just beat it in untill it wont go in any more, then you might be able to thread it through.. I actually used a ratchet strap and hooked it to the a-arm and to the bumper to pull it forward so it would line up a little better.

zzbudzz
03-28-2003, 03:46 AM
I GOT IT OUT! it only took about a hour and half and 2 beers! damn sleeve is too small! i guess i should have tried to put the bolt through all of the sleeves 1st in stead of just 2 or 3 ?:confused2 thanks for your help peeps! QuadTrix6 mine arms are TIGHT also i guess they'll loosen up with some use!? oh.. and one more thing i can't screw the balljoints in the bottom arms? looks like powercoating is on the threads , i emailed houser and he said run a 14 x 1.5 mm tap through the threads ... i don't have one and i don't wanna buy one for a one time use....any suggestions? i guess i could get a stiff 3/4 " or 5/8 ?round metal brush and run it in and out??

03-28-2003, 05:13 AM
wow! seems like a lot of probelms witht those Housers ..:(
a tap is the best way to clean out the threads ..

AtvMxRider
03-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Buddy am I going to have to come over there and put those arms on for you.:blah

QuadTrix6
03-28-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
I GOT IT OUT! it only took about a hour and half and 2 beers! damn sleeve is too small! i guess i should have tried to put the bolt through all of the sleeves 1st in stead of just 2 or 3 ?:confused2 thanks for your help peeps! QuadTrix6 mine arms are TIGHT also i guess they'll loosen up with some use!? oh.. and one more thing i can't screw the balljoints in the bottom arms? looks like powercoating is on the threads , i emailed houser and he said run a 14 x 1.5 mm tap through the threads ... i don't have one and i don't wanna buy one for a one time use....any suggestions? i guess i could get a stiff 3/4 " or 5/8 ?round metal brush and run it in and out??

put some grease on the bolt and keep screwing it in and then out its gonna kill your hands and wrsits but it will break the powder coat and you will be able to get it through. houser sent me a new sleeve and overnighted it to me free i suggest you call them im sure they will help you out

zzbudzz
03-28-2003, 11:13 PM
no,jerry i got it .....i think:D now all i need is my shocks to come in! then it should atleast look like a mx quad.....anybody know where i can find a mx rider?this one sucks.......

QuadTrix6
03-29-2003, 04:54 AM
looks good im waiting on tires and rims and a rear shock :ermm: