PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Quads

K_Fulk
03-27-2003, 07:22 AM
My buddy had 3 quads stolen last night, in the north central ohio area.
#1 2000 Honda Recon - Tan in color was in pretty ruough shape.
#2 2000 Honda 300ex - Red plastic, it had renthal handle cars , fmf megamax pipe, DG front bumper and swingarm skid plate, and it had maxxis all-trac rear tires.
The last quad was the real kick in the nuts.
#3 2001 Honda 400ex - Yellow race cut plastic , axis longtravel front shocks, Houser long travel front end, rental bars, ct pipe, Magura Hydraulic clutch, RPM Dominator axle and RPM tapered bearing carrier and anti fade hub, PRM front desert bumper and body skid plate and swingarm skid, Roll Design footpegs with kickup, Graydon nerfs, Stock wheels with ohstu front tires and holeshot xcr's on the back, pep rebuilt rear shock, pingry oil tank, Edelbrock carb had a warrior tumb throttle too, pro design shifter, hinson rear brake lever, red front brake lines, and some baldwin billet aluminum pieces. It has more stuff on it that i cant think of right now but you get the picture. I would post some pics for him but he hadnt taken any recently.
I'll see if i can get the serial #'s from him later.
If you have any information on these quads try calling Larry or Brian at 419-362-6492 or 419-362-5015

300exTJjeeper
03-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Sorry for the lost,

I Damn loser can't afford there own toy so they still others, I triple lock my quad up where ever i go, I'm form SO Cal, not as much stealing of toys here than over there.

But it's stealing that sucks, Hope you cacth them and cut there ankles out so they may never walk again.

Godd Luck

K_Fulk
03-27-2003, 07:44 AM
They were my buddies quads but i'm still :mad: mad , now he wont be able to ride untill he gets there's back or the insurance gives him money.
But i just hate theives in general, If i ever caught anyone tryin to steal mine they would be in for a bad arse whoopin

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Well he got the 300 and 400 back last night sherrifs department found them in a field. They were missing some parts though, but nothin major. It was pretty stupid the big stuff they did steal they replaced with stock parts. But hey most theifs are stupid to start with.
Still don't have the recon back but we got a pretty good idea who stole them.

Glow Plug
03-29-2003, 12:26 PM
gald to hear he got em back :D but theifs are pretty stupid lol :rolleyes: hope you get the recon back to :D

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 12:36 PM
This is what they did to the 400
Stole hydraulic clutch - put on stock cable
stole edelbrock carb - put on stock carb
stole pingry tank - put on stock oil tank
stole renthal handlebar pad - put on fly handle bar pad
put on ripped seat - stole his
stole rubber seat grommets
stole wheels and tires - put on some diffrent front wheels and tires and put on the all-tracs that were on the 300
You can tell they took the shocks off but they probly didnt fit on what they tried to put them on beacuse there long travel, so they put them back on wrong.
Missing a bunch of bolts and cotter pins.

The 300 had some lt 500 hubs on it or something with some buck shot tires, that gave him a pretty good idea of who stole it. So he should probly get most of the stuff thats missing back.

Glow Plug
03-29-2003, 12:41 PM
hahah that's pretty funny replacing everytihng you stole lol :rolleyes:

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Listen to this crap .... he had a billet dipstick in the pingry tank and they put it back in the stock one they put back on. Were dealing with some major idiots here.

Glow Plug
03-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Listen to this crap .... he had a billet dipstick in the pingry tank and they put it back in the stock one they put back on. Were dealing with some major idiots here.

LMFAO :devil this stuff is making my day now hahhaha

Rip_Tear
03-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Heh, that sucks and then atleast he got most of his stolen property back :confused: :rolleyes:

redroost85
03-29-2003, 12:56 PM
I am glad that you got some of the stuff back. Man, everytime I hear a stolen quad story it really pi$$es me off. I think I would rather have my truck stolen than my quad. Theives are bastages!:grr

exriderdude
03-29-2003, 12:58 PM
do you think it was the dude that has that lt500??

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 01:00 PM
He got most of the stuff back, it will be easier to get insurance to pay for some missing parts instead of all of them.

Heck i wouldnt mind getting my truck stolen that would get rid of one big payment, but i would be really mad if someone stole one of my 400's

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 01:01 PM
No its probly the guy that had the 500 before him.

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 01:02 PM
And the guy that has my old 99 440 that i had a year or so ago.

Leo
03-29-2003, 01:07 PM
steal a quad, take the aftermarket stuff off and replace it with stock crap.. that's a new one!

what were they doing hiding them someplace planning on returning later and selling them?

weird stuff.. hope they catch 'em and get the rest of the stuff back.

Leo

Bean
03-29-2003, 01:07 PM
what a shame it would be if his house suddenly caught fire...

lmao, no dont do that, but good luck to your buddy on finding his parts, if you know who the guy is, sue his pants off, if you find any of the parts floating around, chances are if you threaten to arrest them for theft, they will squeal who really stole it

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 01:12 PM
I think they must have just wanted the parts for there quads and only wanted the stuff you couldnt see easy, or sell stuff that they knew someone else may have wanted? I don't know.

I dont think there house will catch on fire but sometimes i accidently dont pay attention and rear end peoples pipes when they are parked somewhere.:devil

toby400ex
03-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Wouldnt that be a relief getting your quads back. They definetely had a 400ex and a 500. But that is kinda funny if you think about it.:rolleyes:

Ryan
03-29-2003, 02:50 PM
That really sucks. You know one thing for sure, they toke certain parts off and knew what they were looking for. But how stupid could someone be to replace the aftermarket parts with the stock ones.

Let us know how things go. I hope those punks get the chair :macho ;) .

born-to-race
03-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Someone tried to steal my quad once, the lock was cut but my bicycles and our john deere was in front of it. After that I was a paronoide (sp) SOB.

K_Fulk
03-29-2003, 05:10 PM
I'll up date you all when i find out more.

I went and bought a kryptonite rotor lock for mine, hopefully that should make mine a little harder to steal.

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Look how them monkey arses put this stuff back together, tried to steal footpegs and probly didn't have a big enough allen wrench.

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:12 AM
If they had half a brain they could have sold this front end on ebay for big $$$$$$$$$$.

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:18 AM
This seat is what gave away who stole the quad. That seat is a one of a kind. With that seat, the carb they put on, and the hubs they put back on the 400. I know exactly who stole it beacuse all those parts came off a quad i used to own.:eek2: I should be a detective.:devil

HiperEX
03-31-2003, 11:26 AM
hey dont some of teh stock parts have id numbers on them if they do have a dealer or someone look them up adn find out who the scum is id rather much have my aftermarket stuff back than stock on there

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:36 AM
I konw exactly where they came from the carb came of my 2000 400 and i put that carb on the 99 i sold when i put the edelbrock on mine. Then i sold the edelbrock to brian and he put it on the quad that got stolen. And now brian has my stock carb. Small world huh.
The other parts that got replaced on his bike seat, hubs, oil tank. All came off of the 99 i sold a year or so ago.

Glow Plug
03-31-2003, 11:41 AM
lol this is pretty funny stuff :D but it's glad to see that he got the stuff back, did he get the recon back yet??

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:44 AM
They havent found the recon yet. Its probly stashed in the woods somewhere. Brian said the gas tank was bone dry when it was stolen.

Rip_Tear
03-31-2003, 11:48 AM
Wow, so have you called the cops on these guys to get them in crap and everything (sue them) Whats going on on that side of things?

K_Fulk
03-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Wow, so have you called the cops on these guys to get them in crap and everything (sue them) Whats going on on that side of things?

Thats not up to me but im sure he is doing something.:D