PDA

View Full Version : Maier question?

Str8Wicked
03-27-2003, 06:35 AM
How do they fit compared to stock... also how flimsey are they compared to stock... I usually pull my bike sideways on my open trailer and have seen 250R's with Maiers look like the fenders were going to pull off with the wind...... Also how long will black plastics hold up.....

Sparky416ex
03-27-2003, 06:44 AM
well ive had mine for about a year and a half now...they are holdin up great...i was really afraid of sagging but they never have....they are a lol tougher than stock...and the opposite of flimsey

Sparky416ex
03-27-2003, 06:48 AM
pic...this is recent...just before we took it to get rebuilt...about 2 weekes ago...its not very clean at all sorry

Str8Wicked
03-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Cool, thats what I need to know...

Extremeracer167
03-27-2003, 06:53 AM
i think its alot stronger then stock, but someitmes its a pian to get it bolted up for the first time. But after that, its GREAT plastic

Sparky416ex
03-27-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
i think its alot stronger then stock, but someitmes its a pian to get it bolted up for the first time. But after that, its GREAT plastic

yeah it fits great too...i mean theres only like 8 bolts

Str8Wicked
03-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Thats what I wanted to know....

thanks again guys....

nick23
03-27-2003, 11:21 AM
I AM SPONCERED BY MAIRE AND I HAVE BEEN RUNNIN THEM FOR THAT PAST YEAR..I CAN TELL YOU THEY R ATLEAST 3 TIMES BETTER THAN STOCK AND I THINK THE GLOWW FINISH LASTS LONGER THAN STOCK TOO!

mc250r
03-27-2003, 05:04 PM
If you are looking to save some money check out Lesteratv.com. He is a Maier dealer and he has quite a few sets of factory blems. the blemishes are minor. maybe a few light scratches or bubbles from the mold but that's about it.

Chef
03-27-2003, 05:18 PM
My Black is holding up good...its not Maier, but its black!

ChadEXer
03-28-2003, 03:20 AM
I have the white Maier and mine is holding up great. I think it fits just right and it looks good too.

Pappy
03-28-2003, 03:23 AM
i just tried a set of the new maier....with the side panels....i sold them :p fullbore is ordered....

8 bolts:confused: maybe on the old style...mine came with enough nuts and bolts to build a bridge:(

03-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Mine is holding up great. I have the shiney zest orange but whenever it gets a lil dull, i spray some WD-40 on it and the shine comes right back.

Str8Wicked
03-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by mc250r
If you are looking to save some money check out Lesteratv.com. He is a Maier dealer and he has quite a few sets of factory blems. the blemishes are minor. maybe a few light scratches or bubbles from the mold but that's about it.

175.oo a set + 30.00 shipping at LesterATV.com for front & rear.... hummmmm

I can get a brand new set front & rear , not blems for 200 + 20.00 shipping... I figure + 50.00 for the tank cover & side fenders...

I've seen his blems on sale on E-bay and for the price I can't believe people even buy them from him... It's just a few more $$$ to get new ones.......

BigThumper33
03-28-2003, 12:22 PM
I don't know where your getting your prices but I have a maier retail price list from my sponsorship package I got a few weeks ago.

Fronts- 170
Rear- 130
Side panels- 60
Tank cover- 30

I've got a pretty big discount from sponsorship and can barely get the numbers you think your going to be paying for new maier.....

Str8Wicked
03-28-2003, 01:15 PM
You can get them right now on Rockymountainatv.com for 95 fronts, 74 rears, 24 sides, and 14 tank.....

I also have a few places here in Cali that Maiers suggested to get htem from locally which sell them for 200.oo for fronts and backs...... These aren't dulls or blems eithier.... Looks around for good prices and you shall find them....

Str8Wicked
03-28-2003, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah and Big thumper your getting jacked....

On Rockymountainsatv.com site they are listed as:

QuadJunkies
03-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
Oh yeah and Big thumper your getting jacked....

On Rockymountainsatv.com site they are listed as: Does silver run the same in pricefor the 400ex?? I may be getting some in a couple more weeks :D I have never ordered plastic beofre so I wasnt sure what all I should replace...:confused: I want it all to look shiny and new for my graphics...:)

zfire_28
03-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Does silver run the same in pricefor the 400ex?? I may be getting some in a couple more weeks :D I have never ordered plastic beofre so I wasnt sure what all I should replace...:confused: I want it all to look shiny and new for my graphics...:)

my friend has got the silver meier on his with a nacs seat/graphics kit... I got the zest orange with nacs seat/graphics................they both look soooooooo sweet.

they were a pain in the arse to mount up though.

heavy_d
03-28-2003, 11:49 PM
here's my maier plastic, its real firm, hard to crack, and shinier than stock

03-29-2003, 02:58 AM
What do you guys think.. maier white shiny with a red fibe hood.. or white fullbore on red frame, red nacs racing backgrounds, red gas tank. I can get fullbore cheap only around 100 moire than maier and I get maier for 250.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Lathers
What do you guys think.. maier white shiny with a red fibe hood.. or white fullbore on red frame, red nacs racing backgrounds, red gas tank. I can get fullbore cheap only around 100 moire than maier and I get maier for 250. oooooooo, I think the white full bore and red frame sounds good to me...:blah I am thinking on mine.... Silver maier, black/silver seat cover saying 400ex in the center embroidered with flames on side of seat, a custon flame graphics and a set of hipers ..eventually silvervein frame...

03-29-2003, 03:39 AM
Thanks quadjunkines.. ur getting a predator or already have one? dang..

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Lathers
Thanks quadjunkines.. ur getting a predator or already have one? dang.. Lathers... we already have one.. I sold my 300ex and now I ride the 400 ex too:)

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 04:09 AM
are you able to leave the ex headlights on with maier plastic? what other plastic looks good ??

BigThumper33
03-29-2003, 05:57 AM
I am getting jacked! Glad I get a big discount off those outragous prices! :blah

zfire_28
03-29-2003, 07:16 AM
are you able to leave the ex headlights on with maier plastic? what other plastic looks good ??

If you buy the stock style you can still use your head lights.

What do you guys think.. maier white shiny with a red fibe hood.. or white fullbore on red frame, red nacs racing backgrounds, red gas tank. I can get fullbore cheap only around 100 moire than maier and I get maier for 250.

white on red, I bet that will look sweet.

QuadTrix6
03-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
I am getting jacked! Glad I get a big discount off those outragous prices! :blah

ha :D

Str8Wicked
03-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BigThumper33
I don't know where your getting your prices but I have a maier retail price list from my sponsorship package I got a few weeks ago.

Fronts- 170
Rear- 130
Side panels- 60
Tank cover- 30

I've got a pretty big discount from sponsorship and can barely get the numbers you think your going to be paying for new maier.....

It's good you got them for a huge discount through sponsorship but seems to me from what you said in your last sentance....that you didn't pay much less than I bought them for without sponsorship...

BigThumper33
03-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Nope I won't be getting it much cheaper, but then I'm a first year sponsor and all I had to do was sign a piece of paper..... hopefully next year I can get some stuff for free... :scary:

CHAUNCY
03-31-2003, 02:28 PM
I've seen his blems on sale on E-bay and for the price I can't believe people even buy them from him... It's just a few more $$$ to get new ones.......

I know its kinda amazing what people will pay. I sold my stock plastic for 180 and that was front, back, tanks cover, and also the black peices beside the lights. I bought a new set of stock plastic (front, back, tank cover, and also the black peices beside the lights) for 175. If you want side panels it was an extra 30 bucks a side. I got mine from service honda.

Bean
03-31-2003, 04:01 PM
mine is holding up

Dune Surfer
03-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey str8, Your quad allready looks great, Buy som shocks:D Or make that puppy faster. You'll never keep up with your buddies bad arse shee. It was fun riding with you dude. Glamis rules

Str8Wicked
04-01-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Hey str8, Your quad allready looks great, Buy som shocks:D Or make that puppy faster. You'll never keep up with your buddies bad arse shee. It was fun riding with you dude. Glamis rules

Actually I got a lil sum sum lined up for the engine so i may be selling my slip on and a few other parts which I will be replacing...

Most likely going to go with a CT 440 kit since they are local... Sparks will take way to long and I really don't trust trinity after talking with a few people....

Got my +2 chrome lonestars coming in and than buying shocks... After the shocks I'm gonna rip the puppy apart and start on the engine and powdercoating........

Wish me luck....

We need to set something up this summer to go ride...

Dune Surfer
04-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Anytime str8, Your quad's gonna be bad.:cool:

Sick0
04-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Heres my front plastic. I bought this used.

OCCRA288
04-02-2003, 03:05 AM
I mounted my Orange plastic Monday evening and it was some thick stuff. Good quality as well. I scuffed it a lil but nothing some wet dry sandpaper won't take out. Overall the mounting was very easy. I had to drill two holes in the rear plastic for the fender support brakets to bolt in to. The brakets are very simple but you may have to bend them or your support wire to make it work. I'll get pics up this weekend.

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
I mounted my Orange plastic Monday evening and it was some thick stuff. Good quality as well. I scuffed it a lil but nothing some wet dry sandpaper won't take out. Overall the mounting was very easy. I had to drill two holes in the rear plastic for the fender support brakets to bolt in to. The brakets are very simple but you may have to bend them or your support wire to make it work. I'll get pics up this weekend. cool...:) Ilike the orange...:cool: Im ordering mine plastic in two weeks...:D

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Just got my black sides, tank cover, front, and rear fenders in today... Gonna cut the fronts and throw them on... I'll have some pics as well....

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Just got my black sides, tank cover, front, and rear fenders in today... Gonna cut the fronts and throw them on... I'll have some pics as well.... cool..:cool: cant qait to see what they look like.. I cut the fender off on the Predator the other day, Im going to order the silver and cut them myself also....:)

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Slice and dice my friend... it's the only way....

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 07:33 AM
Slice and dice my friend... it's the only way.... ;) ....You gonna still try and bring the family down and go riding for a few days this summer? Im assuming your married..Does your wife ride? Im hoping a few girls will join the group, im getting WAY our numbered....

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 08:11 AM
I wanted to but I doubt it since the wife wants to sell our house and get a larger house. I may not be able to afford a trip until after we get the house....

She doesn't ride but I've been trying to get her involved. SHe doesn't seem to be into it much.. Mostly she just likes kickin back and watching me & my son have a blast....

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 08:15 AM
I wanted to but I doubt it since the wife wants to sell our house and get a larger house. I may not be able to afford a trip until after we get the house....

She doesn't ride but I've been trying to get her involved. SHe doesn't seem to be into it much.. Mostly she just likes kickin back and watching me & my son have a blast.... well, thats too bad...:( Well, maybe next year then;) good luck on the house... Boy, the girls are sure missing out on some fun, I think 99.9% of the guys I ride with ,there women dont take much interest either...

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 08:41 AM
well, thats too bad...:( Well, maybe next year then;) good luck on the house... Boy, the girls are sure missing out on some fun, I think 99.9% of the guys I ride with ,there women dont take much interest either...

Yeah I really wanted her to start riding my 400 so I caould buy an R for myself but everytime she hears me say "lets buy another quad" she just don't go for it... I'm sure one Of these days I'll get her into it... lol

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Yeah I really wanted her to start riding my 400 so I caould buy an R for myself but everytime she hears me say "lets buy another quad" she just don't go for it... I'm sure one Of these days I'll get her into it... lol Maybe she just needs some ocaxing from another women rider;) .. I know it worked for someone else I know...

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 09:52 AM
could be.... maybe I should get a girlfriend who rides.. than I can take her and my wife..... lol...

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 09:54 AM
could be.... maybe I should get a girlfriend who rides.. than I can take her and my wife..... lol... LMGDAO!!!:devil :p

Dune Surfer
04-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey str8, Wanna get rid of those silver side panels?

K_Fulk
04-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Well i ordered my blue plastic today i guess i'll see how it works next week maybe this week if ups isnt slow.

YZROOSTINYA
04-03-2003, 11:31 PM
www.rockymountainatv.com

sells

front,rear,side panels for 266 shipped, 20 for tank cover

Sparky416ex
04-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i just tried a set of the new maier....with the side panels....i sold them :p fullbore is ordered....

8 bolts:confused: maybe on the old style...mine came with enough nuts and bolts to build a bridge:(

300 mounts must be different than 400

Str8Wicked
04-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
www.rockymountainatv.com

sells

front,rear,side panels for 266 shipped, 20 for tank cover

Look at page 2 of this post or this image and you will see how cheap they are.

I paid this + I added a K&N filter cleaning kit for 9.99 and three K&N oil filters which I forgot how much they were. Shipping was 30 I believe....

Dune Surfer, I already sold the plastics..... sorry man....

steve
04-09-2003, 03:56 PM
i have yellow maier racing plastic on my 92 250x and it hold up real good i also flip my quads side ways and don't relly flap and also we ride in some thick mud and you know how stock plastic sags, well mine never has.

YLW400
04-11-2003, 01:24 AM
Could someone show a detailed pic of the front mounting on the new Maier?? With the seperate side panels and stuff. How does it fasten to the four wheeler? The "support wires", is that all that holds it on????????? Thanks guys@!!

QuadJunkies
04-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Could someone show a detailed pic of the front mounting on the new Maier?? With the seperate side panels and stuff. How does it fasten to the four wheeler? The "support wires", is that all that holds it on????????? Thanks guys@!! good question,I was thniking if all that holds it is some support wires, wouldnt it make alot of flapping noises? I just have a few more days until I order mine...:cool: I cant wait...:blah

YLW400
04-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Yea. I am not digging the way that it mounts up...Now I know why Pappy wanted to sell it.....j/k

Ty's400
04-11-2003, 03:25 AM
Does the white stain very easily or only if you don't wash your quad very much and do a lot of mud boggin? thanks

YLW400
04-11-2003, 03:42 AM
I am not sure, I just put in on last night....lol

ChadEXer
04-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Ty's400
Does the white stain very easily or only if you don't wash your quad very much and do a lot of mud boggin? thanks
My white has held up great! I havent put it in any mud of course but it does look good!!

YLW400
04-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Str8wicked, could you post a pic of your plastic installed? I dont understand how the front mounts up. Thanks dude.

ECAthumperEX33
04-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Here's maier white front, white side panels, and white rear. Making a quadtech 250R hood fit was pretty hard since the 400 hood is pretty rounded compared to a stock 250r.

ECAthumperEX33
04-11-2003, 12:39 PM
and another...