PDA

View Full Version : how can you steal $4500 and get away with it? some guy did now the 300 is the banks.

TC17
03-26-2003, 02:08 PM
this sickens me. tomorrow i'll be 14. i was all excited because a girl i liked was coming to my party, i was getting a 9g full racing quad, i'm racing. now this.

a very evil man bought a new 1996 300EX. he sold it 2 days later with a clear title. the title didn't show he owed Honda $4500 on it because he was goin to make payments on it until it was payed off. he sold the four wheeler got 4500. ran away to another state and got away with it. this evil man just disturbed my biggest wish.

i was just surfing ebay now. i found a nice one that's 2 hours away. my dad emailed him. if the reserve is resonable i'm makin a trip to pittsburg tomorrow. this is a really nice 300. it will be just as nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408255089&category=6724. i'm going to bed.

killed300ex
03-26-2003, 02:14 PM
dont get how he ruined your wish but thats ok that 300 looks prety nice but in the description it says works shocks while it has stock shoks just something to loook inot
killed

03-26-2003, 02:14 PM
a very evil man

lmao sure blame it on the devil, the quad u had the pic of was no 9 g racing quad....sorry to hear about your lose
i bet u found the one on ebay your going to look at cuz jesus helped u

03-26-2003, 02:17 PM
that 300 looks basically stock and not in the greatest of shape......for 2,000 id consider it tho

born-to-race
03-26-2003, 02:42 PM
I'm confused (as usual), how did this stop you from getting your quad?

TC17
03-26-2003, 02:43 PM
will you back off! one night i added up all the mods and the mods were 4g...

f/r shocks-700
lsr axle-300
motor work, labor, piston, sleeve, cam, por polish-400
tires-200
rims-400
graphis-250
plastic-400
bars-100
pipe-300
f/r bumper-100
nerfs-150
swingarm guard-100
gussessted(sp?) and painted-200
new clutches-300
it was 4500 new. plus the total of mods was over 3500. that's over 8. i'm not counting all the other stuff like new bearins seals and other stuff. i wasn't farther than 500 off.

ever hear, "a real man doesn't kick a man when he's down."? this new one i'm looking at might even be better. i can test ride it and i'll have it sooner. he could have rolled the old one and that's why he bought new plastic and subframe. blew the shock mounts or kept bottoming, wore tires out super fast cause he beat it, burnt the clutch out cause he raced it and didn't know how to ride it, bent the rims, and hit a tree or flipped it and bought new bumpers, bent the axle, broke the bars. modded the engine out cause it was slow. hm, maybe there is a reason for this.

TC17
03-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
I'm confused (as usual), how did this stop you from getting your quad?

there is $4,500 that is owed on it. if he sells it to me. we'd have to pay him 2700 to get it adn another 4500 to the bank. that's over 7g. i'm not doin that.

Derek
03-26-2003, 02:55 PM
no no no. The quad he is talking about was a full loaded 300. the one on ebay is just one hes thinking about buying.

AtvMxRider
03-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Damn dude that sucks.

03-26-2003, 03:01 PM
those front shocks were works without rezzies werent they?

u dont gotta get so mad ...

TC17
03-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
those front shocks were works without rezzies werent they?

see the snow? yeah. he just put the shocks on. he took the pic last year. they are Dual Rates with rezzies. i'm pretty sure. forgot i had homework. just checked my thread. hopefully this guy emails me back, my dad works out a deal with him, we go down adn pick it up after school tomorrow. this is a 355cc. this will rip. hope i get it. hope my b-day tomorrow is better than this:(

Narly R
03-26-2003, 03:17 PM
good luck man!;)

Ralph
03-26-2003, 03:19 PM
lmao sure blame it on the devil, the quad u had the pic of was no 9 g racing quad....sorry to hear about your lose
i bet u found the one on ebay your going to look at cuz jesus helped u :p lol

03-26-2003, 03:29 PM
i met the front shocks u said ont he one where 700 bucks, and 300exs dont have subframes

TC17
03-27-2003, 10:06 AM
300's have subframe. and it's bent. i have a picture. i'll load it later tonight if you want to see it. shocks aren't cheap. i meant all the shocks were 700/ say 400 for front and 300 for rear.

03-27-2003, 10:16 AM
300s have a one peice frame no removable sub:rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
03-27-2003, 11:17 AM
I can't remember how many times, I phone people, and they just sold it. Or I was waiting to hear back, so I phone again, and they sold it 2 days ago! Made me so mad! Well now I have my 400ex, and I am good to go... except I need to put the swing arm back together...

bansheeguy77
03-27-2003, 01:42 PM
alright....but even though he still owes money on it he didnt screw u out of 9 grand. dont get ur hopes up to easily which it seems u do...have the thsi will never work attitude...then when it dont like it usually dont the first time...ur not all pissy

Honda4trax250x
03-27-2003, 01:50 PM

i agree with u on this one cuz the 250x is basically the same quad and it aint got no subframe sorry dude:rolleyes:

03-27-2003, 02:00 PM
yeah ...if the rear half of the frame i bent u need a new frame or u can try to bend it back....if the guy still owes on the quad he didnt screw u...

QuadTrix6
03-27-2003, 02:25 PM

yo ease up on the kid why do you have to put him down hes haveing a hard enough time as it is :mad: :macho

03-27-2003, 02:28 PM
im not puttin him down

250x#93
03-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Good luck, u'll luv a 300 there great:devil

03-27-2003, 03:26 PM
I agree with freeride.. no subframe unless he grinded it off and put mounts on it and stuff.. but not likely

TC17
03-27-2003, 03:34 PM
...got the money wired back. the guy is super super nice. i'm just sorry that things didn't work out. it does have a subframe. all quads do. it's just not removable unless you cut it buy a subframe and weld it back. i'm pretty sure anyway. i'm still learning. anyway, we emailed this guy with this 300 i'm looking at. he still hasn't emailed us back and we emailed him yesterday. hopefully he'll get back to us tonight. no bids on it. helll we'll drive down tomorrow and pick it up if he gives us his adress. there's a reason that i didn't get the other one. they guy did say it was in bad condition when he got it but then fixed it up. it had 6 owners. who knows what they all did to it.

for my b-day i got a HP Digital Camera, Honda sweetshirt and hat, 60 bucks( went out and bought a next 20" trick bike with it tonight and the bike is sweet), i'm having a party with all my friends saturday. brian is gettign Huevos 5 for me, David is getting 4 for me, Steffan is getting the new Linkin Park CD, and i'll get some side cash to buy some effects pedals for my guitar, got guitar lessons, i got all new Fox Honda pants and jersey, a canopy, chairs, number plates, AMA card, jeans, and hopefully this 300.

03-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX

f/r shocks-700
lsr axle-300
tires-200
rims-400
graphis-250
plastic-400
bars-100
pipe-300
f/r bumper-100
nerfs-150
swingarm guard-100
new clutches-300
it was 4500 new. plus the total of mods was over 3500. that's over 8. i'm not counting all the other stuff like new bearins seals and other stuff. i wasn't farther than 500 off.

ever hear, "a real man doesn't kick a man when he's down."? this new one i'm looking at might even be better. i can test ride it and i'll have it sooner. he could have rolled the old one and that's why he bought new plastic and subframe. blew the shock mounts or kept bottoming, wore tires out super fast cause he beat it, burnt the clutch out cause he raced it and didn't know how to ride it, bent the rims, and hit a tree or flipped it and bought new bumpers, bent the axle, broke the bars. modded the engine out cause it was slow. hm, maybe there is a reason for this.

uhh dude, i can tell you right now you dont know what your talking about with the prices, porting, cams, piston, and sleeve will cost way more than 400 bucks, even if he did all the labor himself, those graphics didnt cost no 250, if they did they guy got ripped off,i doubt he paid 400 for the rims and 200 for those tires, find out what brand everything is then look on their websites to find out, i can tell you he has no more than 2 grand invested in that quad

TC17
03-27-2003, 03:48 PM
YES! my dad is on the phone with this guy now and he wants 2500! that is SWEET! i'll have 200 for extra parts. i'll get graphics and nerfs. i have rear tires.

tires are $52 each. all around that's 208. i meant 150. i was just giving rough guesess. i don't really know how much it was for labor for the engine. i've never got that done to one of my own. i don't really care how much it was. it was a VERY nice quad. the one i'm looking at now is nice to. 355, works, bumper, grab bar, nerfs, tires, wheel spacers, reversed rims, tons of engine work, full system Big Gun, Uni air filter, and other stuff. i might get longer bars. i don't like short bars. and i don't like that plastic centerpiece that goes on over the bars. and i'm takin the headlight off because i won't be doing any night riding. i'll race once with the stock plastic. if i wasn't too muddy i'll shave the fenders. we'll see what else happens.

Derek
03-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by lrdrider1
uhh dude, i can tell you right now you dont know what your talking about with the prices, porting, cams, piston, and sleeve will cost way more than 400 bucks, even if he did all the labor himself, those graphics didnt cost no 250, if they did they guy got ripped off,i doubt he paid 400 for the rims and 200 for those tires, find out what brand everything is then look on their websites to find out, i can tell you he has no more than 2 grand invested in that quad

ok now you dont know what ur talking about......i saw the bike and i know my prices and maybe it was a 9 thousand dollar quad but it was defiantly more then you say.

CHAUNCY
03-27-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dont get ur hopes up to easily which it seems u do...have the thsi will never work attitude...then when it dont like it usually dont the first time...ur not all pissy

Yeah
Think like this: Hope for the best, expect the worst. That way you wont be dissapointed.

03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
wheres the pic of the sub?

rdmex
03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
yo ease up on the kid why do you have to put him down hes haveing a hard enough time as it is :mad: :macho

How can he be having a hard time? Sounds to me like this kid is just plain out spoiled! I know one thing for sure, my parents would never buy me a quad, its something I had to WORK for. Dont cry becuase you may not get the things you want, if you want something bad enough youll work for it. Good luck with everything.

TC17
03-27-2003, 04:29 PM
i'm getting out of school at 1 tomorrow to go get it. we had to sell my grandparents house last year to get my 250. i worked every day for a month hours and hours. i had to strip off all the wall paper of 20 rooms. i had to help put new wall paper back on. i vacuumed the whole house(5 thousand square feet) atleast five times. i had to help put it new flooring for 4 rooms. i helped plaster some stuff, i mowed the lawn a couple times a week. i did a lot of work. now that the 250 is sold and i'm moving up, i earned this too. i have been doing VERY well in school. i just help put up a fence around my huge yard, i do the normal chores. i dont get allowance.

my parents actually made more than 200 on this deal. they got 2900 for mine. we got this one for 2500. we're getting nerfs and graphics. this guy is giving me all his riding gear, stock shocks and works(the reason it wasn't in the pic was because he was testing the two sets out), he said the works are great and he found it hard to bottom them being 180 and getting 8 feet high. i'm 110 and 8 feet is probably the most i'll jump. so they definitly won't bottom. he's ginving me AC propegs, Renthal bars, skid plate guard, boots, gear, and all this other stuff. it worked out really good. i'll use my new digital camera to get pics of it tomorrow. i don't have the pics of the subframe saved on my computer and i have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. tests, and 5 hours of driving. good night everyone.

Chef
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM
You suuurrree like to talk about personal accomplishments dont ya? :ermm:

03-27-2003, 05:02 PM
IT DOESNT HAVE A SUBFRAME YOUR CALLING IT A SUBFRAME BUT IT DOESNT HAVE ONE! THAT IS JUST PART OF THE FRAME A SUBFRAME IS REMOVABLE PEICE OF THE FRAME IN THE BACK SECTION!!

i have works shocks and thier not the best shocks but better than stock

TC17
03-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Chef
You suuurrree like to talk about personal accomplishments dont ya? :ermm:

i just backed myself up. i don't mean to brag. i'm not lazy and i'm not greedy. i work for what i get. sorry about the subframe. i was wrong. i don't know every single piece on the whole thing. just the overall basics.

racin 400
03-27-2003, 05:15 PM

f/r shocks-700
lsr axle-300
tires-200
rims-400
graphis-250
plastic-400
bars-100
pipe-300
f/r bumper-100
nerfs-150
swingarm guard-100
new clutches-300

gotta add shipping charges if ya order stuff.

rdmex
03-28-2003, 09:07 AM
i just backed myself up. i don't mean to brag. i'm not lazy and i'm not greedy. i work for what i get. sorry about the subframe. i was wrong. i don't know every single piece on the whole thing. just the overall basics.

sorry to say, but u didnt do that much work, anyways congrads on the new quad

KJ#14
03-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey 2003TRX250EX,

Just in case your deal with this guy goes south..............I have a ready to race 250X for sale. It's got a TC built 310 motor in it and all the other goodies. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

KJ

03-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Derek
ok now you dont know what ur talking about......i saw the bike and i know my prices and maybe it was a 9 thousand dollar quad but it was defiantly more then you say.

lmao, i love it when people tel me i dont know what im talking about, why would you even add the price of tires and rims if there stock, that means they come ecuipped on the quad off the show room floor, and IF he has close to 9 grand in that quad, he musta had to replace a lot of OEM parts cuz it sure doesnt lok it

Derek
03-28-2003, 11:48 AM
lmao, i love it when people tel me i dont know what im talking about, why would you even add the price of tires and rims if there stock, that means they come ecuipped on the quad off the show room floor, and IF he has close to 9 grand in that quad, he musta had to replace a lot of OEM parts cuz it sure doesnt lok it

WTF? The quad in the picture isnt the one he was talking about. Thats just the quad he is looking at now. The one with the prices had everything. They werent stock rims they were beadlocks. I love it when people think they know what there talking about but they dont.:rolleyes:

03-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Derek
WTF? The quad in the picture isnt the one he was talking about. Thats just the quad he is looking at now. The one with the prices had everything. They werent stock rims they were beadlocks. I love it when people think they know what there talking about but they dont.:rolleyes:

ok, i mixed up the quads, but if that was the quad he was talking about, i would be right, i suppose your perfect?

Derek
03-28-2003, 01:38 PM
ok, i mixed up the quads, but if that was the quad he was talking about, i would be right, i suppose your perfect?

yea i figured you mixed them up but when you started doubting me i just said it how it was. Yea you would be right if it was that quad. lol. And for me being perfect.....Hell yea:rolleyes:

Glow Plug
03-28-2003, 02:54 PM
awsome get some pic's soon :)

roostin_dale
03-28-2003, 03:29 PM
sounds to me like your another spoiled little kid! I mean..wallpaper and vacuum??:huh thats not much effort!!!

get a job and buy your own stuff!

and that first 300 you posted was NOT 9g's! Half the stuff you posted werent even mods! You posted like $250 for graphics??:huh

dont flame me guys...im just posin what i think!

TC17
03-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
You posted like $250 for graphics??:huh

dont flame me guys...im just posin what i think!

i already corrected myself. i meant to say $150. btw, THE 300 IS HERE! i took the light, grab bar, front bumper, plastic, air box, air filter, pipe, and swingarm guard off tonight. i'm polishing all of it up so it looks nice when i put it back on. there's STILL stock tires on this thing. the engine is a TC racing engine. it's bored, stroked, WB racing cam, Wiesco 10:1 piston, bigger sleeve, rings, crankshaft, 101 racing fuel and even more mods. there is a real neat polished aluminun piece on the engine that is inscricped "TC Racing performance engine Mike Dunlop, i rode it and i LOVE IT! the Big Gun sounds mean! i can NOT wait to race this thing next week end! i'll be working on this all day tomorrow. i ordered my nerfs tonight, i'm polishing my grab bar, bumper, getting a plastic renew kit on, cleaning up the seat, cleaning the air filter, rejetting, removing the light, putting on my wheelspacers, getting 4 new rims and tires for 200 bucks! brand new. ITP rims and ITP tires. the front has a 2 1/4" offset. the rear have 2" offset plus wheelspacers. this is goin to be sweet! the works are like new. i'm putting them on tomorrow too. man this thing is sweet. can't wait to get it all together and nice. i'll get some pics later on tomorrow once it's all put back together if it is.

quaddict53
03-29-2003, 03:09 AM
KJ#14-
Yours wouldn't happen to be that 250x in the Southwestern PA Auto Trader, would it? The one with Laegars and PEP stuff?