PDA

View Full Version : Under Seat, Latch

RUFIO
03-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Well i just got my seat cover on and i got all the bolts (to go on the seat) in place but i can't figure out where the heII that spring goes :huh :eek2: anyone wanna help out an idiot?

toby400ex
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Its hard to explain, just keep working at it and look at it for a while and you will get it;)

RUFIO
03-27-2003, 10:56 AM
That dosent help, i sat in front of it trying everything i cant get...can someone give me directions

muff
03-27-2003, 11:10 AM
ok i'll see if i can do this

to figure out how i'm lookin at this, take the plastic off of the quad and rotate it so the bottom is up (switch your left and right hands) the straight part of the spring goes into a small hole in the plastic of the seat, its on the left towards the bottom

the spring goes through the latch between the part that sticks up and the bottom mount bracket

the other end of the spring will hold the part that sticks up to the right, you'll need to get the spring on the left of it

its best if you leave the bolts loose before you get the spring on

RUFIO
03-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by muff

the spring goes through the latch between the part that sticks up and the bottom mount bracket

Thats where you lost me

muff
03-27-2003, 12:34 PM
ok slide the spring on the handle end of the seat latch, once bolted down the spring will be between the latch itself (the tab F thing that actually holds the seat down) and the bracket that bolts to the seat

if you still cant follow tell me on aim, muff400 and i'll run out and take a pic for ya

muff
03-27-2003, 02:23 PM
here ya go