PDA

View Full Version : Njorvp 3/29

ryanh250ex
03-26-2003, 11:09 AM
who's coming? if i can get my quads back from the shop (i've been having nothing but problems and more problems from mike @ Outlaw ATV), i'll be there from saturday morning till afternoon, so from about 9 or 10 till 3:00 or so. look for a loud yellow 250ex, a stock scrambler, a piped DS, and a modded Red 400. if it helps you any, also look for a metallic silver Jeep Grand Cherokee and a black enclosed trailer.that's how i haul my machines.

see you there!

Ryan

YamaWarr0121
03-26-2003, 11:49 AM
hmm ill check if i wanna go just cruise around ill hit up chatsworth with you guys...not to omuch fun when u clear the biggest jump in 2nd gear now:o :eek2: :devil

blasterkid
03-26-2003, 01:05 PM
29 is a saturday right i am goin no matter what

ryanh250ex
03-27-2003, 05:24 AM
bumpity bump bump bump

Ex'r Marlin
03-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Lenny (440EX4me) and myself plan to be there Saturday, the 29th.:)

We will be sure to look for you! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself if you see us before we see you!

Lenny.... Yellow Honda w/Graphics kit that sits like a MX quad with an FMF exhaust.:D

Marlin.... I will probably have my red Honda 300ex with a #4 on the front of it. White Toyota Pickup.

QuadTrix6
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Marlin i can't believe how much a day pass is this year :( , we will def ride this summer somewhere :D

i met up with marlin and lenny and ron and i gotta say they are the nicest guys even helped me fix my quad when i decided to run into a tree :o and pushed me out of the mud numerous times :p :blah

ryanh250ex
03-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin

We will be sure to look for you! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself if you see us before we see you!

Lenny.... Yellow Honda w/Graphics kit that sits like a MX quad with an FMF exhaust.:D

Marlin.... I will probably have my red Honda 300ex with a #4 on the front of it. White Toyota Pickup.

awesome! i was hoping one of you two (either lenny or yourself) were gonna show up....

i still am not 100% certain i'm going. i've been having a ton of trouble with mike from outlaw atv (my ex needed a valve check, a re-jet, and a oil change, and my dad's 500 needed a few repairs....almost 3 months later and they're STILL not done, and they lost our keys with our chatsworth ID tags too), and so the last few days we've been busting their balls about it, since i could've done everything by myself in one weekend and they've had 3 months to do this small work and they're still not done, so we're crossing our fingers that they'll get their acts together and have the machines all ready to go come saturday morning.my dad is reassuring me that they'll be ready, but i do have my doubts.....

anyhoo, i'll let you know beforehand if i'm still going or not. if all goes well, i'll see ya there!

Ryan

blasterkid
03-27-2003, 12:38 PM

hey man i talked to lenny and he said i could go with you guys
i have met up with lenny befor and he is the nicest guy

ryanh250ex
03-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by blasterkid
hey man i talked to lenny and he said i could go with you guys
i have met up with lenny befor and he is the nicest guy

sweet deal, man. i've never met lenny before in person but i've talked to him a little here on the forums and sounds like a real cool guy. considering i've never met up with any of the exriders before, it should be tons of fun.see ya there!

Ryan

blasterkid
03-27-2003, 01:14 PM
yeah he is so kool he took me ridin

deathman53
03-27-2003, 01:25 PM
ryanh250ex, I know him (Outlaw Atv) pretty well. I'm waiting on my big-bore kit to be done. What did he have your bike for? I see him atleast two to three time a week, and I just spoke to him. Next time I see him I will ask what is going on with your bike. I might be going to chatts on sunday if it doesn't rain or i don't have any jobs to do, I'll be riding a 86 r with a 89 hood.

Ex'r Marlin
03-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
I can't believe how much a day pass is this year :( , we will def ride this summer somewhere :D $70 for a day pass with a member is the latest I heard. I thought $40 for a day pass was a little too steep.:confused:

Anyway, I too hope we can meet up again! :) Remember, I have a spare atv when your brother is ready to come out and play!:D

Ryanh250ex... If it means that you can come ride on Saturday, I will bring an atv for you to ride! Let me know... I will not accept anything less than 100% that you are coming! :D

Everything sounds good for me going... Hope to meet you guys there!

kwatts400
03-27-2003, 06:06 PM
I may be there on sunday, depending on the weather. There will be at least two r's, an 87 with 88 plastic and an 89.

03-27-2003, 08:09 PM
I allways forget who I am looking for so stop by and say Yo or whatever.

Too bad the probs your having with outlaw and now I am glad I never found them last year, maybe I should open up a shop?

Anyhoo look for us

03-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Tomorrow night: Mainly cloudy. Low 46F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms. High 66F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Sat
Mar 29 PM T-Storms 66°F 39°F 40%
Sun
Mar 30 Few Showers 44°F 29°F 30%

I am thinking I picked a good week to go sat instead of sunday :)

danyeo
03-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Are you serious!!!!!!!!! $70 for a day pass. HA, screw that, I'm glad i joined Tower! Even if it is 2.5 hours away. When i ride in SOuth Jersey it won't be on legal ground especially since Chattsworth is about 300 acres and the other favorite spot is 8000 and i think the Lacey area is just thousands upon thousands of acres and countless trails. I could see 40 for a day pass but 70, #$%#%$#%#$%

Ex'r Marlin
03-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by danyeo
Are you serious!!!!!!!!! $70 for a day pass. Unless it has gone up since I was there last.:confused:

ryanh250ex
03-28-2003, 12:40 PM
$70 for a day pass with a member is the latest I heard. I thought $40 for a day pass was a little too steep.:confused:

Anyway, I too hope we can meet up again! :) Remember, I have a spare atv when your brother is ready to come out and play!:D

Ryanh250ex... If it means that you can come ride on Saturday, I will bring an atv for you to ride! Let me know... I will not accept anything less than 100% that you are coming! :D

Everything sounds good for me going... Hope to meet you guys there!

bad news, guys. i cant make it saturday. mike is now not returning our calls (figures, my dad left a nasty message for him plus my dad's friend, who originally recommended him to us, went up there today to raise some hell with him), so until my dad and i figure out a solution to this mess, my machines are stuck there.

deathman, my quads were there for only a few small things:

2002 250ex- i needed him to check the jetting, possibly do a valve tap and to change the oil.no biggie.

2001 scrambler- oil change, oil filter, new battery, new tie rods, some other very small things (my dad hit a tree at chatsworth 4-5 months ago, so the front end is slightly out of alignment).once again, nothing too big.

i sent them to his shop the first week of january. it's now the last weekend of march and they are STILL not done. i could have done these jobs myself in one weekend. and i'm sure any respectable shop nearby could have had both bikes done right the first time and in my garage in under a month.

there was roughly a 2 month period where he would not return our calls. no reason for not returning them, he just didn't call us back. only recently have we turned up the heat on him and his fellow mechanics. finally we get in touch about last week and his said we could pick them up this past wednesday. we were so psyched to finally be getting them back.

that morning, my dad called to ensure that they were all ready to be picked up. to our surprise, they were totally not ready, they were searching frantically for a battery (one of the items we needed to be replaced 3 MONTHS ago), among other things, and to top it all off, they lost our keys. these keys also had our chatsworth ID tags on them, and replacing 2 of them is a 40 dollar value, the last time i checked.

so now the number one priority is to get my machines back. because i live in jackson, and his shop is in the jamesburg area, it's not really worth it to drive an hour only to get pooch-screwed yet again.i've had more than one person suggest to me that i should send a lawsuit or a cop his way, that might get things done a little quicker.........

Marlin, thank you very much for your kindness (i dont know too many people who would lend a 15 year old kid they've never met borrow one of their quads), but i'm afraid i'm just going to have to pass it up this time around.there is always the rest of the spring and summer to ride, and i guarantee you i'll be heading back out to NJORVP real soon.i know you said you wouldn't accept anything less than 100% yes, but this time you're going to have to. i'm sorry, but it's out of my control.

sorry i cant make it, guys...........hopefully we can arrange a big ride this spring/summer and we'll all get to meet 'n' greet!

Ryan

Ex'r Marlin
03-28-2003, 01:12 PM
Ryan.... Question:

What are you going to do on Saturday (tomorrow)?

I am asking because it sounded like you wanted to "ride". If you still want to ride, and are able to go, please come out for a great day of riding!:)

If you have something better to do, then I understand and will accept something less than 100% yes answer, otherwise, I will not accept anything less!!!!!:grr :)

Don't let a bad thing ruin your weekend. There are some many positives that can come out of this. There are a few guys on here that are counting on you to come ride tomorrow.

Yes, you can say, "there is always next time.", or "there is always the rest of spring and summer to ride".... But the fact is that you are able to come ride, you payed to be a member, make the best of the situation, and come ride!

See how simple it can be?:)

Ex'r Marlin
03-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Well... I got to meet Mike (blasterkid). Looks like he is going to be an MX'r.:cool: Hopefully he will get his HiPers soon!:macho I am surprised to find that he is 15 years old... WOW, he is more than half my age!:D Best wishes Mike... It was nice meeting you and John.

WOW... What a nice day for riding!! Lenny and I got off to a late start (12:30) but well worth it. I thought the trails were great... Not too dusty, and not muddy! I think Quadtrix6 John would have made it through the course without getting stuck!:D
Little rain came later in the day, great for those on the MX track to help with some of the dust, and to help Lenny's tires from spinning out!

Mike (Blasterkid) said someone crashed pretty bad earlier in the day and had to be ambulanced out.:confused:

Lenny and I saw an ambulance later in the day with its lights on heading out.:confused:

Well, Lenny and I went the day without crashing!:eek: :D WOW, imagine that!

Lenny's 440 is working great... Thanks a million for letting me ride it! Lenny's 440 is soo plush, you can almost fall asleep riding it!:D I think he still needs to mess with some jetting combinations... But other than that, that 440 pulls very strong! About time Lenny!:)

Sorry if anyone else went and we didn't meet.

03-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Yes it was a good time but need to ride more next trip :)

Glad you liked the ride on the quad, and that you stayed awake :D

Now I think you just stole a couple years from Blasterkid(mike) cause I dont think he is even that old yet. :eek:

blasterkid
03-30-2003, 01:27 AM
nope guys i wish i was 15 but i am only 13

all in all it was a great day lots of talking and some riding but it was fun just talking baout quads and stuff

Ex'r Marlin i love your dog and 440ex4me i love your quad:devil

Ex'r Marlin what is your name again i forgot lol to much dust

Ex'r Marlin
03-30-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by blasterkid
nope guys i wish i was 15 but i am only 13. Sorry Mike, I still can not believe you are only 13! :huh You act much older!:cool:

I told Husker (my baby) your comment... And he said he felt the same!:D BTW Lenny, Husker told me later thank you for the water!:)

Do you guys ride during the week at Chattsworth? Next Sunday is day light savings... I will get dark at a later hour, hopefully I will head there during the week!:)

blasterkid
03-30-2003, 09:30 AM
i heard that they were changing the time next weekend from 430 to 630 because of daylight

ps we should go next week end too and ex you should bring your 400ex

03-30-2003, 05:11 PM
440ex4me i love your quad :o thanks

Husker told me later thank you for the water! No prob tell him he's welcome :)

Do you guys ride during the week at Chattsworth? Next Sunday is day light savings... I will get dark at a later hour, hopefully I will head there during the week! Mid week is so great there as the place is empty but the track is too smooth :)

ps we should go next week end too and ex you should bring your 400ex LOL then he would have to clean it :D

danyeo
03-31-2003, 01:02 AM
So how much is a day pass? I used to think that the park was just too small but it sounds like you guys have fun there so i will have to meet up for a ride sometime.:cool:

Ex'r Marlin
03-31-2003, 02:29 AM
I don't know when I will head to Chattsworth again. Most likely it will be during the week after April 6.

BTW... I still like my 300ex alot, and made plans with myself to take the 300 to Chattsworth or anywhere else it is sandy.:rolleyes: If I do any jumping at all, it will be on my 300, or Lenny's 400.:D

Danyeo... Yeah, we normally have a great time there. Usually more talking than riding.:D I definetly do not think it is worth $70 a day. It might be worth the $300 membership if you plan to go there regularily. The place, in my opinion, is very, very small. In fact, in the last few years, the place is getting smaller. I thought the place was small a few years ago, now it is just a little playground.:( If you like trails, they do have a nice loop of trails that I really enjoy doing... But in a days time, you can do about 5 laps and be tired of it. The MX can be fun as well. Nothing radical about it, but a great place to gain some confidence in riding/jumping along side other riders.:cool:

danyeo
03-31-2003, 04:40 AM
I'll check the NJORVP site for fees. Maybe I'll meet up with you there sometime, i hope the weather clears up soon as i can't wait to get back to tower, did you go there yesterday. Also if you are interested i can take you to some other places in South Jersey but you just have to remember the risk, but i have been riding at this place since 98 and have not been busted, only warned once, another time i actually had a conversation with a cop while sitting on my quad, he was after some kids drag rcaing ON route 37. Dover cops are cool, manchester cops dont cut breaks. There is another thread on here about it. Big Bust at Sarco. I never park on Bone Hill Drive.

ryanh250ex
03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
hey guys. i haven't had time to check this forum much, so that's why i didn't post before saturday.

marlin, i would've normally accepted your offer, but my dad rides as well, and i'm not sure (correct me if i'm wrong), but i dont think you have more than 1 extra quad. at when it comes to chatsworth, if he doesn't ride, neither do i. i think he enjoys it more when he gets to ride along with me, and vice versa. but once again, thank you for your generousity.

i'm SUPPOSED to get my machines back tomorrow. but knowing mike, that means they'll be done in a month. i'm very annoyed with them, as you can see.

i'll pm you and/or lenny and post a thread up here in the where to ride forum next time i go riding

03-31-2003, 02:51 PM
So how much is a day pass?
$70.00 and you must be with a member and only avail on weekends and holidays. :(

Danyeo... Yeah, we normally have a great time there. Usually more talking than riding. I definetly do not think it is worth $70 a day. It might be worth the $300 membership if you plan to go there regularily. The place, in my opinion, is very, very small. In fact, in the last few years, the place is getting smaller. I thought the place was small a few years ago, now it is just a little playground. Well said.

I never park on Bone Hill Drive. Good idea unless you like paying tickets.

Also if you are interested i can take you to some other places in South Jersey but you just have to remember the risk, but i have been riding at this place since 98 and have not been busted I have said that b4 :rolleyes: and then guess what happened :grr

I think that since last year the patrolls have increased ten fold or more and thats why we hear so many horror stories etc. I have been riding in some places for many years (well there was a 10+ year layoff for me) and it seems you should know of most of them, but I never even saw more than 1 or 2 riders in some of those places in the past and now there are more cops than that some days. One of the places I had the pleasure to meet some of the DEPE officers was so barely used in fall of 2000 you would be suprised to see another rider, but by the spring of 2001 it was mobbed and then came the heat.