PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with these Carriers!

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with the spacers in there dual row carriers crushing!!?? Me and my friends are both crushing. Mines a herrmann and his is a Rad. Are we the only ones who have this problem? I hear Baldwin is making a replacement that is alot stronger. But just wanting to see if anyone else had this problem?

cdalejef
03-26-2003, 07:20 AM
It sounds like you are over tightening the axle nut. It's like a trailer bearing, you just tighten lightly then tighten the jam nut hard against the first one.

03-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Yup....i get my nut a little more than snug. I put on an old glove,,then roll the quad and hold ma nut as hard as possible:eek: until it's so tight that I can't hold it anymore..then crank the pinch bolt down so it doesn't come loose... sometimes I poke a screwdriver in my nuts slot and give it a little tug to make it just a little bit tighter and that's all....I never torque the mofo down..:huh

Pappy
03-26-2003, 07:34 AM
rico...i think you had too much fun talkin about the nut and its tightness:confused2

ranger400ex
03-26-2003, 07:38 AM
I have heard Rico's nut is alot tighter than his fiance's......uh never mind.:eek:

Sorry bud, haven't got to rag on ya for a while. :D

Ben

Doibugu2
03-26-2003, 07:38 AM
I particullary like "Poke, nuts and slot"

Don't know if that has some hidden message now the Urban Legend is here!:uhoh: