PDA

View Full Version : Factory Effex graphics problem

RytM1
03-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Last November, I bought the new red 400EX graphics kit from Factory Effex. Well, I finally got around to putting everything on, and there is one piece that is wrong. It was obvious just by looking at the piece that I had, and what it was "supposed " to look like, that they were two different things. At one point, I scanned the piece, and emailed it to them. Their art director even claims to have looked at it, and said it was correct, and that I must have been putting it on wrong. He even told me that he that the company has sold over 3000 kits, and has not had a problem with them, and that an unnamed ATV magazine even claimed no problems with the kit. Well, finally after two weeks of going back and forth with the art director via emails, I got ahold of a digital camera and took a couple pics. One with the piece lined up with the plastic the way it should be, and another one with the piece lined up via the graphics themselves. GOOD NEWS!! They finally got the point, and realized that there was a problem. They are now going back to the drawing board, and redesigning that one piece. They are also more than cooperative in working out the problem with me in a reasonable manner. I am opting to wait the one month or so that it will take to print up the correct ones. Maybe the last two weeks of emailing stuff back and forth wasn't clear enough (even though I sent a pic initally), and was starting to have my doubts about the comapny. But once the problem was actually seen once "assembled", Factory Effex has been a stand-up company to deal with.

This is what it is suppposed to look like:

RytM1
03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
This is what it I got with the kit:

RUFIO
03-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Those seat covers look easier to put on than they are, just put mine on. :devil

RytM1
03-26-2003, 04:20 PM
So I hear. Luckily, one of my Sgt.'s does upholstery on the side. He said he had to steam it, and stretch it to get it on right.

TRX300X
03-27-2003, 03:37 AM
I've got a set of N-Style graphics for my X and they do the exact same thing on the red as yours. I thought I put it on wrong.

Doibugu2
03-27-2003, 03:49 AM
That kit looks pretty nice. To bad they screwed you around for so long.

Anyone notice that the engine it the above pic looks like it was partially polished? The heat sheild too. Dammmn advertiseres try and decieve you.

Dune Surfer
03-27-2003, 12:44 PM
I have a factory FX kit and it was the same way. I just cut it in a way that looked good.

RytM1
05-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Well, enough time has passed, and when I called, the customer service rep I dealt with in the beginning had no clue what I was talking about. He was suppposed to call me back the same day, but I didn't hear from him, and I had to call the next day. He had already forgot my name. He told me that he was going to send me out the two panels ASAP though. Well, I finally got them on Wednesday, and to my suprise, they were the same damn thing I already had. Not to mention that they put an invoice in the package for someone else, which included their credit card receipt, with number on it (which I promptly sent to the rightful owner).
When I called them back about it, they told me that they did not reprint the pieces, and had somehow figured out a way to make the piece fit, and line up correctly. RIGHT!!!! I talked to the art director who basically told me "thanks for bringing the problem to our attention, but we won't be correcting it until the 2004 kits are made". When asked about refunding a portion of my money for the portion of the kit that I can not use, I was told that a refund was not an option, unless one of the saleman could possibly pull some strings, but he thought it was going to be unlikely. He told me I could cut the pieces how I felt to make them fit, but he did not feel that they were important pieces of the kit, and was not worth the commotion. When he told me that if I was unhappy with the kit I could return the whole thing for a full refund, I advised him that all of the other pieces are installed, so I could take them off, and send them back to him in a big vinyl ball. He told me "well, thanks for being a customer, but if thats what you have to do, thats what you have to do".
Nevertheless, after buying a number of products from FX, I am very dissatisfied with their service at this point. I am keeping what I have, but will no longer buy any more of their products.