PDA

View Full Version : How to get a tire back......

Black400
03-25-2003, 02:52 PM
How do you get a tire back on the rim? Yesterday i was riding and i went off a big double i kinda landed sideways and my tire got busted off the rim!:eek: I kinda have the tire back on but not all the way it will hold air but its not all the way back on the rim. I filled up the tire till i thought it was gonna blow up and it still didnt pop back on:macho And now everytime i hit some jumps im afraid im gonna land wrong and im gonna flip and it will end my day of riding:( I know i can take it in to the shop and get it fixed but i was wondering if i could do it instead of spending 5 bucks.

NTPRacing#19
03-25-2003, 02:57 PM
heres a good trick. take some ether spray and spray it around inside the tire when its off the bead! DONT SPRAY TO MUCH! all you need to spray is one lap around the tire and then drop a match in and stand back. it should inflate the tire and set the bead.

if you put to much ether in it might blow up the tire lol

03-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Get some kind of wet slippery fluid and wet it on the outside rim of the tire.. lay the rim on the ground and push it out with a crowbar type tool and a screwdriver to keep the tire to stay on the rim when your putting the rest of it on.... and also make sure you catch the inside part of the rimw ehre the lip is to get a good grip

Black400
03-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
heres a good trick. take some ether spray and spray it around inside the tire when its off the bead! DONT SPRAY TO MUCH! all you need to spray is one lap around the tire and then drop a match in and stand back. it should inflate the tire and set the bead.

if you put to much ether in it might blow up the tire lol

Yeah i have heard of doing this but they said if i spray to much it will blow the tire and that is the last thing i need!:rolleyes: But do you think it will be ok?

killed300ex
03-25-2003, 03:02 PM
go get a racheting tie down stripdeinflate your tire completly then but the tie down around the tire and sinch it as tight as you can then inflate your tire and it soiuld hear a loud pop if not try tightening your tie down even more and lubricating werere the bead sits to help it slid onto the rim
killed

NTPRacing#19
03-26-2003, 01:34 AM
your tire should be fine to do the ether trick, the only time ive seen or heard of a tire blow by doing this was on a dirtbike tire. the quad tire should be fine i wouldnt worry about it

jcv400ex
03-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Lathers
Get some kind of wet slippery fluid and wet it on the outside rim of the tire.. lay the rim on the ground and push it out with a crowbar type tool and a screwdriver to keep the tire to stay on the rim when your putting the rest of it on.... and also make sure you catch the inside part of the rimw ehre the lip is to get a good grip

yeah, get that KY jelly off of your nightstand....i've heard that works! :eek:

F-16Guy
03-26-2003, 02:05 AM
I did the ether thing (only, with a little unleaded) one time at Dumont. A little nerve-wracking, I was waiting for that tire to light and take off up the dunes without me!!! Worked like a champ.

Black400
03-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
yeah, get that KY jelly off of your nightstand....i've heard that works! :eek:
LOL

Thanks Guys:D