View Full Version : 250r nothing better

racerMX
12-15-2001, 05:33 PM
there is never been a better bike than a 88 or 89 honda 250r

12-15-2001, 06:38 PM
How right you are.

nothing wrong with 86 87 though:huh

12-15-2001, 09:20 PM
yep i agree 100% although my old 400 was second...what all mods do you got on yours?

beerock
12-15-2001, 09:50 PM
oh yeeeeeeeeahhhh!!!!!!

ya gotta love it
anyone know if aftermarket frames lower the seat height ????

ive ridden 3 aftermarket frames,(laeger,jp outlaw/lonestar, arens)

2 of them felt like they had a lower seat height, the arens frame was stock height.
Anyone ever hear of that?

I believe the lower seat height is a PLUS .

the laeger and jp outlaw/lonestar frame had a lower feeling seat height.

But is this true? do they have lowered seat height?

12-16-2001, 03:59 PM
beerock i think your right i am pretty sure my aren's has the stock height but ki've herd people sayin that the lsr and leagers do...yea your right for sure i think a lower seat is better as well ..... just think we3 are all 250r brothers ..lol:devil :devil

12-16-2001, 04:17 PM
just think we3 are all 250r brothers ..lol:devil :devil

LOL

:D

Well, where I live there is a 250R cult starting......It started last year My friend had just got a blaster and I had my recon He decided that the blaster sucked and everyone knew the recon sucked so we said "If you get a 250R I'll get a 250R" So a month or two later my friend got himself an 86 250R. When I went riding with him he let me try his and, I nearly $h!t my pants going down a dirt road in the winter, the second I hit the throttle the backend was sliding around like mad !! I loved it I knew I needed one, I sold the recon this past summer and I couldn't find a good 250R for 2G so I found a mint condition 250X and bought that. It was great when I first got it I became a wheelie master and a was honing my jumping skills. After about 3 months I got bored with it and put up adds all over the place saying TRADE 250X for 250R !! To my surprise some people responded most of them were POS's then I got an E-mail from a guy in Jersey who said he was moving up my way and he was interested in a trade. after a month of talking to him online my parents thought it was a joke. They left one day the guy came up I liked the R he liked my X so we made a even trade. I was REALLY HAPPY! that day I let my friend with an 01' 300EX ride it and he decided to not sell his 300 to get a banshee but to get a 250R. He will be getting one this spring.

Sorry for such the long post nobody probably read it but I felt like typing:D
How did you guys get involved with R's?

12-16-2001, 06:46 PM
i read your story and it is pretty interesting...
now her is mine... i rode/raced bikes for a few years and after moving up to 125 c and racing a few mot's and getting taken out ALOT! i decided it wasn't my bag...so i decided i'd give the sport i used to bash on ( quads ) a try ....so one might my mom and dad went shopping i got a call from their cell phone it was my dad all excited about some 4-wheelr that was all red and a 2 stroke...he wasn't sure what it was though and the shop was closed...so the next day we went to look at it turns out it was an 89' 250 with an lrd pipe and a few other mods welp i had it for 4or 5 months and burnt the cdi box out....and my pap just brought home a 93 riced out eclpise i dediced to sell the r and buy the car.... welp that winter i was soo bored and with much kkissing up and brown nosing i talked my mom and dad into co-sighning me a loan for a 2001 yeller 400ex.....that summer i ran a race and did pretty decent 5th outta 12 w out backj breaks and bald rear tires...well we started to figure that i need good susp and some mods to get me running up front and my neighbor had a x-country 426ex that had works susp and all kinds of other mods...so i sold my stocker and bought it ... my next race i blew it to pieces and had to have it completly rebuilt....well i got it back and won my next race .... about 2 months ago i started realizing what ll my 426ex was going to need to gte my competive next year (a-arms axel ...much more) and decided to sell it to get an r and it just happened thart night we went to my local shop and found a full race ready 250r for sale cheap enough to get.....well it is a long story bbut i ended up with that r and love it today was the 1st time i could actually ride it on a track...and i'm all cramped up and soar... but i love it..sorry so long

12-16-2001, 07:02 PM
you've been through alot of quads !

12-16-2001, 08:34 PM
hey,i got a 250r too

beerock
12-16-2001, 09:05 PM
YO killer 250r you got a SICK deal!!!!

heres my story about my quad.....

I Saw this quad on ebay about 3 years ago, It looked ok, but the list of extras was great.I emailed the guy who owned it and told him I would try to come up with the money.But I never could($4500).
Well, 6 months later I had enough money to look for a 250r.I searched around and found one with a nice list of aftermarket parts. I went to ride the bike up in PA, I looked it over checked out all the things that needed to be checked, and rode it, It felt like a beast and had power all over. (this bike had everything listed in my sig except the long stem, 4gallon tank and +2+1 a-arms). That day I tested it I gave hiom 200 dollar deposit because he said someone was coming to look at it the next day, and I knew it would be sold, So i jumped on the chance. next week, I came back with the rest of the cash, I gave him $3800 for the quad, he was asking 4000 but the ball joints were worn out.

So as I gave him the cash he pulled out this print out of an ebay auction that he won 6months ago, it just happened to be the bike(which I emailed to tell him if he would wait) I wanted so bad 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!

its kind of crazy that I got the same bike. it was like we were meant to be together :D

I love my b+b ported and polished more and more every day, the funny thing is no ones ever heard of him. My engine RIPS though!!!!

12-16-2001, 11:21 PM
I have an 86 R also.It is my baby and there is no way I will ever sell it.Unless honda comes out with a new R.(I know,I know)

My dad had a 1930 ford 5 window coupe.It was tubbed,4-link front and rear end,31/18.50/15 mickey tompson sportsman's,wildwood 4 wheel disk.But like every other project we have it never gets finished.Well a guy from tennesea came up and bought it.

And he was tired of riding our 300ex and getting smoked by my cousin's 400ex.So we went and looked at an 87 qaudzilla.And as soon as we pull on this guys road.I see my R.A bonestock mint condition 86.Well after my dad got done looking at the zilla he asked about the R and he said he wanted 3 grand for it.Since my dad had cash in hand right then.We got both bikes for 5 grand.

And every since my life hasn't been the same!

86 trx250r fully moded for mx
97 300ex

12-16-2001, 11:44 PM
i just bought a pos one for 2500 and have dumped money into it and it was always fast as you know what

racerMX
12-17-2001, 05:58 AM
I'd never thought by starting a post called (250r nuthing better) that we would get all these cool story's about how we got are bikes......

So since i started this post,this is my story.................................

I never owned a quad befor Nov. 2000.I bought a 2001 warrior,
so one day i took it to the local MX track.I seen all these Tricked out bikes and mine was stock but i loved the feel of the track.Then i knew thats what i wanted to do(race MX)......So i
spent about $2500.00 on macking it ready for MX-dura blue axle,
works shocks,nerf's,pipe & header,new rims & tires.It wasen't all
that but i came in 4th twice on it,but it was then that i knew i had
to get a 250r.So i took out a lone and started looking for an 88 or
89 250r.I look all over florida for one and couldn't find one so i got a cycle traded that was 3mo old and seen this 88 250r in it.
I called the guy and he still had it.Iwent to look at it and it was in mint condition.The plastics were tore down but every thing else was great.So it turns out that he got it off the the origanl owner
so he had every receipt from 1988.So when i got this home it was strange moving from a 4-stroke to a 2-stroke,but i learned how to ride it though.So after i learned how to ride and control it, i started to hook it up.After i got it all hooked up I had to go in for shoulder surgery and I have not been able to race it yet.

Keep going with your storys let's see how many we can get on
this one post.............................................. ................................

All i paid for the bike was $3200.00 and I got $7000.00 in to it.

88 250r

roll design 2+1 a-arms,works pro series front shocks,
works ultra cross rear shock,both reb. and comp. adjustable,
RPM dominator rear axle w/ race sproket hub & anti fade brake
hub,groved turftamers on douglas beadlock rims in raer,groved
radials on the front,white maier plastics w/ red duncan grafics,
renthal bars,motor is .60 over,Tom Miller ported and polished,
CR 250 intake,Paul Turner racing pipe and silincer,keihin 38mm
air striker carb and a partridg in a pear tree.

i would show it to you guy's but i can't get my pic's on here?scrap

Lasher
12-17-2001, 09:39 AM
I guess I will add in my story as well…

I was never allowed to have a quad (or dirt bike) when I was younger. Mainly because there was nowhere to ride it around my house. Then my wife and I moved into a place that connects to the local sand pits. My neighbor had a few quads and let me take one out one day. It was a semi auto utility Suzuki. But I was hooked. I dragged the wife to the Yamaha shop and walked away with a brand new 98 Blaster. I rode that thing all summer long. Then my abilities soon outgrew the small Blaster. I then talked the wife into getting me a Banshee and keeping the Blaster for her. I loved that Banshee and had a ton of fun all summer long. Then I went to watch a MX race. I knew I had to try it.

The following season, I raced the stock Banshee in the Open Novice class. I soon found out that I need some mods to compete. So I brought a set of pipes but knew I needed suspension work. I finished the year off in the Novice class in 5th overall. The following year I moved up to the Amateur Open class on the same Banshee. But I need to make a decision. Either spend a ton of cash on the Banshee or search around for a 250R. I went and looked at a POS 250R but passed due to the condition. Basically it was pieced together, ATC motor, welded up frame etc.

Then one day at work, a co-worker saw a picture on my desktop of my Banshee. She said that her boyfriend was selling his quad. I asked what kind. She replied “Honda or something. But it is very fast.” I told her to find out if it was a 250R and let me know. An hour later she comes back and says it is an 89 250R and her boyfriend used to race it. The next week he trucked it down to the parking lot of my work and I looked at it. I inspected the quad on the trailer. The clutch cover had been repaired but not put on, so starting it was out of the question. But it looked good otherwise and the price was right. I brought the baby.

I spent the entire winter and most of the season rebuilding the quad. I found a bunch of stuff wrong with it, but still, the price was great. By the end of my Amateur season I had the quad running good enough to race. I finished 3rd that season and moved up to the Expert class this past year. During the off season I spent some more cash on suspension and other goodies and had an awesome MX quad. Then in the beginning of the season, my drain plug fell out in a race and toasted my tranny. Took most of the season to repair the lower end, but now I am back to having an awesome 250R. And it is only getting better this winter.

I paid $2000 for the R, and have dumped in about 7 grand so far and counting…

12-17-2001, 05:29 PM
I remember when I got my R I had a 400EX and decided not to hop it up. lots of money=small power gain. After months of searching and looking at several overpriced P.O.S I get a call from a friend telling me this guy came into his store and was telling him about this 88 250R he was going to sell. Then he told me he was wanting $2900 for it, that is cheap were I live 86-87's go for 3500-4000. anyway I'm thinking great another P.O.S and I almost didn't give it another thought. About a week later I gave the guy a call and he told me how it was sitting on blocks in his parents barn for the last 4 yrs. So then I got excited that it could be at least worth a look. Before I even got out of the truck I new I had to have this quad. it looked perfect! like it hadn't been barely riden! It was basically all stock with the exception of 89 plastic and FMF pipe. I have had this quad for around 6 months now and it runs great. I will never sell this quad,250R's are so awesome! And to think I almost past this bike up! I'm sure glad a gave it a look!!!!!!! when I get a scanner I'll try to post some pics.

12-17-2001, 07:36 PM
now i wnat a 250r:(

12-17-2001, 07:44 PM
Join the club.:D

400MXer
12-17-2001, 09:25 PM
I want to get a 250r in the next couple of years, so that i can run both two and four stroke class.

Does anyone else do this.

racerMX
12-18-2001, 03:53 AM
why did you g to a 16 tooth front sprocket? i've heard every
body goes to a 14 tooth ?????????????????????????

Nausty
12-18-2001, 09:14 AM
I must be the only one on this board who likes four stroke quads more than two strokes. My dream quad wouldn't be a 250r it would be a aftermarket frame with a yz426 motor set up for freestyel.

12-18-2001, 10:38 AM
me too,,I'd rather have a beefed up,,pissed off thumper over a 2 stroke,,

and ,did ya know that about 2 ta 3 pro's will be running thumpers next year instead of 2 strokes..

beerock
12-18-2001, 11:04 AM
Alot of pros are switching to canondale.

anyone see the new dirt wheels with 4 different canondales to choose from?

Nausty
12-18-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by beerock
Alot of pros are switching to canondale.

anyone see the new dirt wheels with 4 different canondales to choose from?

i saw them on their site. I like the mx440

12-18-2001, 12:01 PM
I think only 1 GNC pro is goin on a c-dale,,and a 250A rider is goin to a c-dale too,,along with 2 GNCC riders,,which is all part of the nacs/cannondale partnership....but I think shane hitt, maybe spader are goin with 4 strokes next season,,pretty positive hitt is..it's the new thing,,there gettin more power out of the big bore thumpers now so thats what people are goin with..

SGA
12-18-2001, 12:32 PM
Nothings better than the hit of a two stroke, gets the heart pumping. rather have a 4 stroke for all around riding tho, smoother, more predictable power, thats why alot of of older guys run them in races. a fast two stroke bike or quad takes lighting fast reflexes, great for pro riders. they'll get you in trouble fast. I'm afraid 2 strokes are gonna go the way of the muscle cars of the 60's & 70's though, (emissions & such) when you could go into the dealer & get a fast car for a reasonable amount . New fast cars are still available, but who can afford one? viper, vette, & such.

12-18-2001, 02:11 PM
This was a sweet thread about how peple got into 250R'S and all but now it's about "the pro's" and a bunch of cannondale crap.:mad:

12-18-2001, 02:29 PM
sorry,,,:(

I'll go jump off a bridge after work...:huh

beerock
12-18-2001, 03:28 PM
well, the sad truth is that it is the inevitable. I know there are at least 2 gncc riders switching to the CAN . One of them just sold all his 250r stuff. and he has a rolling roll design for sale right now.

12-18-2001, 03:57 PM
i didnt mean it like that, I was just saying this was a sweet thread. I know alot of people are switching over but until people like me have all died off then 2 strorokes will live.:D

racerMX
12-18-2001, 04:18 PM
OK yall,cannondale is a very nice bike.the only 1 with EFI,but the moto 440 cost $13,000 plus tax.thats way to much money for me,I only spent $7000.00 on my 88 250r and i'd bet i could wip up on a moto 440........................SO let's get back into how we got are 250r's.remember this is a honda web site,if you want to talk cannondale go to the open fourm please.

P.S. anyone not telling a story on how thay got their 250r,please start another thread.................thanx...........racerMX

400MXer
12-18-2001, 06:42 PM
WHOA.....Easy killer.......JK

4punksdad
12-18-2001, 06:49 PM
I am Joe..........and I am an "Rcoholic" :o

from the crowd............"WE LOVE YOU JOE"

ps...I dont have one, but anything 2-stroke is worth a thrill a minute. besides that I am hooked on the smell of the exhaust.

here is how I take care of my addiction. I ride the 400ex, but I try to follow right behind my buddy's "R" when we ride. this way I get the best of both worlds.

beerock
12-18-2001, 10:56 PM
ya race gas and maxima 927 brings a smile to my face, it smells like candy!

SGA
12-18-2001, 11:36 PM
sorry i changed the subject racerMX, I agree, the 250r is the best handling 2 stroke quad ever built. It is the standard for all other quads that followed it, including 4 strokes.

12-19-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by beerock
ya race gas and maxima 927 brings a smile to my face, it smells like candy!

lol thats kinda funny cuz thats exactly what i'm runnin... ohh and klotz filter oil smells like cotton cany you know the blue cotton candyu...maybe i just used too much with out fresh air too...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12-19-2001, 08:17 PM
god,i haven't smelled 2 stroke in so long,it's got to be the greatest smell ever,also,check this efi kit for a 250r on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599235590&r=0&t=0

12-19-2001, 08:30 PM
just think if you got this then you could rig up a supercharger in it somehow..lol.. hm... now you guys are giving me ideas...lol

12-19-2001, 08:39 PM
while i think i'm gonna put down a bid on it,maybe then when i go to sell my r i can trick some fool into giving me like 6000 for it

beerock
12-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Im thinking of switching my ratio from 32:1 to 50:! what do you guys think? same oil, same gas, maxima/vpc12

Evan
12-20-2001, 12:13 AM
Well here is my R story.
I have always wanted an R but I started out getting a Scrambler 400 4x4 b/c I liked 2 strokes so much and really the only 2stroke worth getting that was still in production to have fun on. Well any way I was always looking for an R on cycletrader.com and everywhere else but they were all like 4000 and above modded or not. Junk ones were like 3500 But I finally found one that looked good but the only catch was it was in Georgia and I live in North Carolina. Well I talked to the guy via e-mail and it sounded nice. He said he was a perfectionist(my 1st clue) and that he always took care of everything. But he said a guy from florida was coming to look at it that weekend but if the guy didnt buy it he would let me know. Well the guy didnt come but he was coming next week with the money. The guy was asking 3400 and I asked him what his lowest price was and he said he would take 3100 so I said OK. But the guy that was coming was bringing 3200 so he said if I could match that and get it ther b4 the other guy than I could have it. So I had a week to get 3200. I told the guy I was coming with 3000 but he said that wouldnt do so I had to draw out 200 more. Plus I didnt have a dependable truck so I had to rent one. Well me and my dad took off in the rental truck to Georgia. It took aalmost a day to get down there. When i got there it wasnt what it looked like in the picture. It was dirty and had ugly maier plastic on it. Well I looked it over good and wasnt really satisfied the he said do you wanta ride it I said sure. So he let it warm up and then I took off... slowly, I rode around his yard and down this dirt road out to the main road and came back, I barely got on it at all. When I got back he said you didnt ride it, open it up, so I sat there with a goofy grin on my face thinking alright buddy you asked forit. He said take it down the main road I dont care. So without further hesitation I turned around and let er rip, I used to have a ATC250R so I was pretty much familiar with the power. I open her up across his yard and there was a ditch to cross to get to the dirt road, needless to say I jumped it and powerslid on to the dirt road banging gears as I went. When I got to the end I went down the paved road haulin freight. When I came back he didnt say nothing. I said what about letting me have it for 3 he said nope. So I bought it for 3200. When I got back home 1300 miles later I rode it and then the troubles started. 1st the clutch cable snapped then oil was slung all over the case from somewhere and I discovered it wasnt taken care of like he said it had been. Both bottom motor mounts were cracked and had been for some time. Another thing every thing had been painted with a spray can so it looked like crap. Well I thought about it and ordered a terminator clutch cable and said what heck if your gonna go go all out. So I stripped it and plan welding the brackets back and getting the frame and swingarm powdercoated and putting suspesion mods on it first then motor mods like a CT 330R kit. When I get done I hope to have it shiny and powerful like the CT330R in ATV Sport a while back. Except with 400EX plastic. This will be a winter project since I always did want to build a quad from the ground up. Thats my story whew thats alot of typing.

12-20-2001, 01:33 PM
i run maxima super m at 44:1,i wouldn't go past that

12-20-2001, 03:03 PM
bel-ray says to mix theyre mc-1 at 50:1 and ive heard stories about peole mixing amsoil at 100:1. for all you 2-stroke fans go to www.macdizzy.com its a great sight and there is ALOT if info about 2-strokes.......thats all there is just 2-strokes. Rick Kirmil(macdizzy) did my engine and it HAULS id recomend him to anyone. my porting,piston,bore, and gaskets were only $440.00 duncan charges $475.00 just for the porting alone, and ive raced the elimator(duncan) top-end and it was close(too close to call) This man knows how to make the R's RIP!!!!! Just thought id tell you guys about him. ill tell you guys the story about my r later i hafta go to the e.r. right now

12-20-2001, 03:03 PM
bel-ray says to mix theyre mc-1 at 50:1 and ive heard stories about peole mixing amsoil at 100:1. for all you 2-stroke fans go to www.macdizzy.com its a great sight and there is ALOT if info about 2-strokes.......thats all there is just 2-strokes. Rick Kirmil(macdizzy) did my engine and it HAULS id recomend him to anyone. my porting,piston,bore, and gaskets were only $440.00 duncan charges $475.00 just for the porting alone, and ive raced the elimator(duncan) top-end and it was close(too close to call) This man knows how to make the R's RIP!!!!! Just thought id tell you guys about him. ill tell you guys the story about my r later i hafta go to the e.r. right now

12-20-2001, 03:25 PM
all of the 250R riders should get together and make another forum.....or is there one that is good this but on the R???????

12-20-2001, 04:13 PM
There are a few 250R sites but the are full of pop-up adds and are usually filled with knowitalls. I like this forum alot, best ATVforum on the web in my opinion, maybe Leo could make a 250R section ?

12-20-2001, 04:23 PM
i think thats a great idea on the 250r site,i'll make one if some one can help out with some info on where to make it and how much it will cost me

12-20-2001, 04:49 PM
i just went and bought www.250Riders.com,just waiting to get setting it up

beerock
12-21-2001, 12:45 AM
That be cool if this forum had a 250r related forum.

here is one but some of these guys are stuck up. Good tech info on that site, i go by the name beerock over there too!
Im the same anywhere on the net.

http://pub20.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r

12-23-2001, 08:59 PM
while,i just wrecked my car the qther day so i don't know when (if ever if i can afford it now)am i going to make a 250r site,i made a ezboard one just to mess around with

TRX250XFIRE
12-29-2001, 02:20 PM
Killer205r, hey i have seen ur bike before? have u had it posted on ebay or something trying to sell it or am i just remembering wrong?

Canidule250r
01-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Since everyone is putting their R story I'll put mine too. Forgive my english, my first language is french and I'm tired...so no time to take care of my spelling.

well here it goes....in 2000 i bought my first quad, a polaris trailboss 250, well....i was hitting jumps and abusing it badly....it really couldnt take much......so in at the at the beginning of 2001 i was looking for a new quad......i was thinking about a banshee, a 400ex, a raptor, a ds650, or a nice 250r.....well it turned out that i was not making enough money with my small job and my father had financial problems and said he was going to pay 50% of a quad under 5000$(everything ill say is in canadian money)....so my only choice was a banshee or the 250r....at first i was not very interessed with the 250r because of how old it was.....but i went to see some MX race and i knew the banshee wasn't what i wanted....so in spring i called everywhere where they had 250r and my father found out while he went on a trip...he couldnt take it home so he ask the guy to keep it for him and made him a 500$ check......but from what he told me the frame wasnt that great and the only good thing about the quad was the brand new plastic...so i kept looking on hebdo.net and i realized there was a quad that was exactly 5000$, 5 sets of tires&rims, stock motor....well it was perfect....but the problem was that the ad was there for over a week and with such a perfect deal there was no hope....but i still called and a old lady answered.....and she didnt know what the heck was that 250r thing everyone was calling for.....so i said hmmmm.....oh well i must have had the wrong number.....than called again and it was still the old lady....the ad had the wrong phone number.....so my father called at hebdo.net asking for a confirmation of the phone number...so he got the good phone number....without saying the ad had an error :) hehe....than he immediatly called the guy....i was still at school by that time.....and said we were going to see it at 9pm....it was friday....a cold spring day....i had no coat or anything it was darn cold.....it took us 2 hours to get there.....it was at some used car dealer...a small place that looked kinda scary......the guy had a scary voice on phone too....i was sure he was gonna be like 6'5" with a big beard and tattoos all over the arm....well....anyway....when we arrived the guy wasnt there....the quad was inside but the guy was on his way....he owned the building and the quad was inside.....well the guy arrived after about 30min. of waiting.....he looked like a nice guy and not some kind of weird guy.....then he opened the door and opened the light....and there it was! i just remember the feeling my body was shaking so bad....i didnt know if it was because it was cold or because it was the greatest thing ive ever seen....i took a look at the frame and other stuff like that....well the stuff the people told me to look at......everything was perfect....my father also looked at it....he didnt find anything wrong....then the guy started the engine....it was perfect...a 89' 250r, the engine had never been touched at all, the guy was only using it the winter and wasnt using it much because he had changed hobbies because he was getting older, 5 sets of tires and rims, everything stock, perfect frame, lonestar plastic with an 87' headlight and other lil stuff.......i just sat on it and i knew that quad was made for me....so my father could get is price down to 4200$.....it really was the greatest deal ive seen in my whole life.....we got it the same night....at 12pm we finally got everything done and went back home with everything....i just kept looking at the quad the whole way home.....thinking it was the greatest day of my life....well the next day i was trying to ride it.....it took me like 2 hours to be able to move like 5 feet....well after a week i was finnally ready to go in the sand pit, the week after i was trying to hit jumps.....about a month later a guy made a mx track in the sand pit, well it was a private track and the guy who made it was a pro well we knew him.....we had bought like 1000$ in safety equipment and other stuff for the trailboss and started buying stuff for the R....so we asked him if we could ride it.....so he said ok....then i slowly started hitting bigger jump....well about 2 month after i got the quad i was already at different motocross tracks every day i could....well...at the end of the summer i was at a track and hitted a jump like 40 foot but it had changed badly since the previous week....it was the first time i was trying my Esr trx-6 pipe....i landed like 20 feet away from my quad....i immediatly got up, i was all dizzy, my mouth was tasting blood and ran to my quad so fast....i had difficulty walking but who cares....i was pretty happy when i realized my pipe was alright....but my handle bars were all twisted and my axle was bent....we straightened the axle but it looks pretty weak now....ill change it when i get the money....and now its the winter and im riding a bit....but i cant wait until in spring....ill race for real for the first time in the amateur class

hmmmm.....dont ask me why i said so much useless stuff but anyway

racerMX
01-03-2002, 05:40 AM
good story canidule250r,you sound like i did when i got my 250r.
all i'v ever wanted to do is race too.this sesson is my 2nd season
racing.if you ever have a tech ??????? e-mail me ne022@adelphia.net

you can check my ride in the exriders rides section 2nd pg.
tonymommmone's duncan sponsered 88 250r

Clay
01-17-2002, 07:49 PM
I have a 250R. It went from crap to this.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2f467242/bc/2002+Rebuild/Right+Side+View.jpg?bcIF.l8Ap6fuwlBG