PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. response

crookedeyemoto-x
03-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Well I called White Bros. today, about my third broken pipe, and asked them about maybe sending me a new one for all three broken ones and after talking to several people, I was told that they will not do so. I responded that even though the first two broke, I still bought there pipes and feel that I was do something in return seeing how they all broke in the same place. The best they could do for me was to sell me a replacement at dealer cost, which is what I get them for anyways. When I told the rep. this, he said, well that is the best I can do and I asked him to make this right and he said thats the best that WB can do. I am not to happy about this........I guess I am just hosed

4TraxRider
03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I'd say get a different pipe and stop giving them business. Now a lot of people know about that problem.

zoom400ex
03-25-2003, 02:51 PM
havent had a probelm with my e series yet

OutlawEX
03-25-2003, 03:30 PM
I hate WB period..AFter buying a cam and waiting 13 months for a cam core and not very good sevice after they lied to me i woint buy nothing of theirs:grr

danney f
03-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Where did yours brake at? My buddy's has broke in two differant places. Once the weld that held the mounting bracket to the neck of the muffler broke loose. Than when I cleaned it up to Powder coat the head Pipe, I found a crack on the back of the neck where it meets the end of the muffler. I welded it on the inside to keep it looking clean once I had Pced it.

oynot400
03-26-2003, 05:13 AM
I was not too happy with WB either. Last year I got a sponsorship from them. So I went looking for a pipe I was going to get an e-series. They way there sponsorship works is you buy the pipe from the dealer of your choice and WB gives them a discounted price, then it is up to the dealer to pass the savings on to you. Needless to say I did not get one of there pipes. :grr
It seemed pretty screwed up to me.

mysticfalcon
03-26-2003, 05:24 AM
my buddy has a E-series slip on and its broken on both mounts, the screen inside broke off and the s-bend pipe broke off the silencer. If he didnt know how to weld that would be an expensive pipe. stay away from WB

Pappy
03-26-2003, 05:37 AM
beat that sucka flat with a big arse hammer and mail it to thier customer support:macho

03-26-2003, 06:10 AM
paps..he cud prolly use it to sweettalk their secermatary:eek:

monkeyboy
03-26-2003, 06:22 AM
cuz says ther aint no white bros arond him on da west port,,he livs ina bad part of da city i tink..:(

Ex'r Marlin
03-26-2003, 06:29 AM
WOW... I am very surprised to hear about the "run around" story White Brothers gave you. It has been awhile since I got a White Brothers product, but I would think that it comes with some kind of warranty... Especially if it fails several times!!!!!:grr

Thank you for sharing your experience. I too will not buy a White Brothers exhaust knowing that this happened!

Again, another ones findings that helped us fellow Exriders.com riders!:)

Note: I was interrested in White Brothers new exhausts that they plan to produce in the near future... Quote "was".

Colby@C&DRacing
03-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Sorry to here that you are having trouble with WB. I would recommend alway dealing with a good dealer on concerns like this. A dealer will almost always get better results from the manufactor than a consumer, I am not says this is always right but I know when ever I call an complain about something 9 times out of 10 I get what I want. :)

F-16Guy
03-26-2003, 07:31 AM
I had the same problem, and this is what I was thinking...
When I got the pipe, it came with new mounting hardware, including a solid mount where the top rubber mount would go. It seems to me that solid-mounting a pipe to the frame of a quad, two or four stroke, would subject it to a lot of vibration, as well as the jolts of landing from jumps, sqaure-edge bumps, etc. I think the mounts probably suck in the first place, but solid mounting not only pre-stresses the mounts (mine were not perfectly aligned, and I doubt anyone elses were, either), but also causes big jolts and flexing of the frame/sub-frame to be transmitted directly to the mounts. Honda decided when this bike was designed that the tail pipe/silencer should be rubber mounted. I've decided to have the piece of mount on the WB mount that goes through the subframe cut off. I will use the remaining conical piece and the stock rubber mount, along with the supplied bolt to mount the silencer. That should give the proper spacing, and provide the qualities of a rubber mount.

phatswinn
03-26-2003, 08:24 AM
send al three to customer service and give them a note saying that 8000 people will not buy there products unless they have good customer support

Burden7
03-26-2003, 09:55 AM
You should look into the WB Carbon Fiber silencer. I have had one for 4 years and haven't had a problem yet. It doesn't have any welded brackets to break!

Quadfather
03-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Here's what you do. Find out who the head honcho is, print out this thread, and mail it to him, along with a sidenote of how many members are on this forum. After a week or two, call up said honcho, and try and work things out with him. Inform him that your next thread will either be-"White Bros took care of me" or- "White Bros told me to pound salt"

I did this exact thing before, and you would not believe the results I got.

Wheelie
03-26-2003, 01:14 PM
I too, am an owner of a faulty WB product.

The first E-Series I bought, the front mount broke within two days. They replaced it for free.

The second silencer faired only slightly better. This time, when the front mount broke, I welded it, and then the pipe broke where the pipe meets the silencer, I welded that up as well. Holding up well, for now.

Needless to say, I don't plan on purchasing any WB products in the near future. In fact, when I can afford it, I'm switching to Yoshimura.

MEL
03-26-2003, 01:40 PM
i think this subject has been posted before. in the past wb have replaced muffler with a new one. maybe they can't afford to replace all the ones that broke. i guess i'll save my time and just order a different brand rather than try to get them to replace mine.

trxex
03-26-2003, 02:13 PM
wow this sucks,i just got a e-series about a month ago.i like the perfomance of the pipe .but i will be pissed if mine breaks:grr

crookedeyemoto-x
03-26-2003, 06:25 PM
Well, called White Bros. again today and read the replies of this thread to the rep. His attitude about the return wasn't much better until I said that I was gonna start a new thread about how crappy I felt I was getting treated here. Finally he said send me the best looking pipe out of the broken three and I will "SEE" what I can do, but I am not guarenteeing you anything. He explained that he might try to rebuild it or "pull some strings to get me a new one". I said well I hope that this works out right, because I have eaten three pipes you can eat one by getting me a new one and he said Ill see what I can do. So I will post a response when I hear back from White Bros.......I just got back from JPMX in Kentucky where I bought a complete Big Gun system so that I can run this weekend. Hope I like it, and hope that it stays together better than the WB......................

Erik

danney f
03-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Good luck with the Big Gun and dealing with WB. I have to say that I have the same FMF on my bike for the last 4 or 5 years and the only thing that I have had to do to it was repack it. I am kind of disapointed in this whole deal with WB. Hope the bumper I have doesn't fall apart like their mufflers do:ermm:

F-16Guy
03-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by danney f
Hope the bumper I have doesn't fall apart like their mufflers do:ermm:

LMAO:D

250EXking
04-01-2003, 11:32 AM
:) i've had no problems with my e-series. how did your pipe break cuz my bike has been down a couple of hills and nothing has happened to it yet.

forum
04-01-2003, 11:45 AM
FOr you guys with broken e series. I will buy one off you. i mean the a broken one. PM a price. I want a realy cheap silencer and Im sure i can rig it to work. Its only for a practice bike anyway.

I may buy a few if you want to sell all them busted silencers

Steve-o 400EX
04-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by zoom400ex
havent had a probelm with my e series yet

Neither have i or my 4 other friends with em.

Meek
04-01-2003, 10:55 PM
I have had this problem also, the first was replaced at no cost to me. When the second broke they told me that they would not replace it, since I did not buy it from them, that it was an exchange. I had RANGER400EX weld it up for me, and have had no more problems.

danney f
04-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
:) i've had no problems with my e-series. how did your pipe break cuz my bike has been down a couple of hills and nothing has happened to it yet.

We don't really know how it broke or even when it broke but if you look in the picture. The weld on the bracket that the arrow is pointing to had broke loose, we welded it back together and haven't had a problem with it since. but when I was blasting the pipe to get it ready to powder I found a crack on the neck of the muffler where I marked with red. The crack was actually on the back of it and was real thin but went just about half way around it. We would never of even known it if I hadn't been preping it. May want to take yours off and look at it real good.

MEL
04-02-2003, 05:14 AM
thats the same place mine broke. i welded it up and its been fine since. no biggy, but it pisses me off that they won't replace them anymore. it seems to me that it is a factory defect with their welding and they should back them!

400grl
04-02-2003, 05:33 AM
They replaced my boyfriends and were really nice about it - but this was a year ago......it will hold well if you guys just have someone weld it for you......I've had mine for 2 years and haven't had a single hairline fracture in the thing......of course...now that I've gone and said that....better get the MIG ready!:D

danney f
04-02-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
......I've had mine for 2 years and haven't had a single hairline fracture in the thing......of course...now that I've gone and said that....better get the MIG ready!:D

That's the way it usually goes. I swear these things have ears.

buckeye400ex
04-02-2003, 07:51 AM
I had the same problem, took it back to the dealer I got it at. They called White Bros. they sent me a remanned pipe with a large brace going from the silencer to the pipe. No charge. No problems yet. We'll see.

300exTJjeeper
04-02-2003, 11:34 AM
I see that everybody's pipe pretty much breaking in the same spot. Then why would you keep buying the same pipe over again. I was goign to buy a e series pipe but I got one bad remark from a rider and that right there change my mind. I guess they do suck after all

White_Knuckles
04-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Customer dis-service is crippling this countries products. I've seen this movie over and over where the customer is the loser even when common logic and courtesy apply. I've had the same deal with EBC brakes. The back of the box reads: no warantee for off road use. Duh .... :mad: