PDA

View Full Version : found out that my ex has a amazing 22.1 HP.

yellowrider
12-15-2001, 05:09 PM
hey i was wondering we had are papers out on it..

and i seen the Certificate of Orgin for my 4 wheeler
tells the year and the invoice and shipping weight and vehicle indentification number...... and some other stuff and then i seen this

H.P. (S.A.E.)

does that mean that mine has 22.1 horsepower
cause this thing thtat i am lookin at (the certificate) is telling me serial numbers weight and how many wheeles it has on it.... and what model and almost everything you can think of... so i was wondering is that the horsepower of my 2002 300ex or is H.P (s.a.e) stand for something else......??

330exracer
12-15-2001, 05:12 PM
i seriiosly doubt it. no stock 300 is anywhere near that number

Guy400
12-15-2001, 05:46 PM
SAE horsepower is the horsepower measured at the flywheel. This number is always higher and deceives many people. By the time that horsepower is routed through the tranny, down the chain and to the rear wheels you can bet it's going to be substantially lower. I don't know what rear-wheel horsepower is supposed to be on the 300EX but if I were to guess based on the written SAE hp given I'd say somewhere in the 16-18hp range.

redrider ex
12-15-2001, 05:47 PM
In dirt wheeles they have had a pipe shoot out and they said that the stock 400ex has 26 but i have my certificate of origon right here and it says it has 34.5 who knows:huh

yellowrider
12-15-2001, 06:52 PM
oh... thanks for clearing that up i was a bit shocked when i seen it i was like cool.... thinks for ruinen it for me !!! j/k in my opinion i say it has about 18-19..

cause it a pepy machine in my opinion, but i could be wrong. its all based on opinions. my friend that used to have a 250 trail blazer loves mine to death. he wants it or a utility quad. he is really picky and he knows what he likes and i try to tell him to get the 400ex but i dont think it is going to happend cause no reverse. i wanted him to get that so i could ride it he owes me lots of gas and tht is a good way to pay me back:)

he does not want a warrior he was one of the people there when i beat that warrior.

OHHH!! he did beat me on that warrior "that dude with the trailblazer i forgot to tell you .. he beat me taking off but when i got in third gear i walked i mean slowly wallked away to the finish line.

i want him to get a mojavo or warrior i dont want him to get a 300ex. i already have a friend with that. but it not be decisuon what he gets so as llong as he is happy that is all it matters i guess. but i think he is stinkin with honda this time he didnt like his polaris all that much,

330exracer
12-15-2001, 07:33 PM
in my opinion i don't think a 300 has a peppy engine if anything its under powered. the cure to fix that a 330kit. its night and day.

12-15-2001, 11:35 PM
i know in cars about 19% of your horse power is lost going through the tranny,i wonder if it's about the asame on quads

Sandragggen
12-16-2001, 09:01 PM
ATV Sport mag says the 300EX puts out max 13.6 hp at 6500rpm.

Magicfan25
12-16-2001, 10:43 PM
like was said you losie a bit of power through the drive train..power numbers in mags and such will almost always bethe rear wheel HP numbers from a dyno. Mnaufacturers give power numbers from the crank/flywheel

yellowrider
12-16-2001, 11:40 PM
ok i didnt know that is why i bringed it to your alls attention.

hey i have a idea that just clicked into my mind.... i am thinkin about this

20 inch tires (starting to like 20inch tires because of today.
smaller front sproket. even more power for hills
new fron and rear skid plate (i am going to leave that plate under the motor alone it looks tough to me.
rear rack.
new front bumper.
oh and dont forget about the W/B e series pro meg

what do you guys think of this?????

i think it would be alsome on hill climbs and on short drag races..
but straight aways... um may not be so good.

trueblue450
12-17-2001, 08:33 PM
I acually thought it was 16.9 HP maxed out. But you can easily add to that with a pipe, and 330 big bore kit. And the other goodies like cam and such.