PDA

View Full Version : pipes and airfilters jets and why are they so confussing and unreliable

yellowrider
03-25-2003, 02:04 PM
i dont know if there is an answer to this question but here goes...

w/b e series bored out .040 stock piston jeted and uni filter
vs
stock 400ex with w/b full pipe (e series)

i rode this bike and it hauls *** compared to mine that is the only stock bike that can beat me that i have raced at the pit no lie...

he says that i can have the same power as him if i just got the pipe and the filter but i really do think the piston and the pipe made a huge difference on his bike then it would on mine
for the time being considering mine is still stock because *intake promblems, winsheild motor going out. flowmaster coming soon and some crystal tail lights*

if i do get this pipe would i be about the same with him?? or just as good ??

cause i have raced 5 400exs that i can think of and

slowest 400ex i have seen
stranger with the stock baffles taken out
jacks is the slowest with the t4 pipe kn
kyle my good bud 400ex with a slip on e series with kn
kyle friend all stock
mine all stock
fatboy 400ex :D with a e series pipe bored out .040 over smoking are arse......

i dont understand this ... its all backwards if you look at it...
it should be
the guy with the baffles taken out
then kyle friend then me
then kyle
then jack
then fatboys fourwheeler ...

but anyhow if you didnt get what i was trying to say i will edit my post later on..

i just dont want to get a pipe and loose to other stock 400exs cause tthat must suck!

4TraxRider
03-25-2003, 02:23 PM
I've read this a few times and i still don't get the real question. I must be missing something.:huh

Leo
03-25-2003, 04:25 PM
It's bored .040 over with the stock piston... :huh OKAY SPANKY.. :D

I'm trying to figure out exactly what your trying to say here..

He has the full wb system w/ a uni filter, and is jetted

-and-

you have the wb slip-on, but aren't jetted

am I close?

If you modify the intake and exhaust and don't bother to jet the machine correctly all your going to do is make more noise, and less power. If his is correctly jetted, and yours isn't that would explain why he whoops you :D

Leo

yellowrider
03-26-2003, 11:55 AM
no mine is still stock for now untill i get my cash back flowing good...

what i was trying to say is that the guy is telling me the .040 doesnt do anything and he is trying to get me to buy a white bros also and hes is telling me i will have the same power gains if i jetted right.....

and i am saying that the 40 over is doing something and the pipe is not going to give me as much as the pipe gave his bike cause i am still on standard bore and he is not.. .

you all follow me now ...