PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket a-arm bushings.

DEAL
03-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Who makes the best aftermarket a-arm bushing?
Or who makes them period :confused:
I go through a-arm bushings like every few months and I'm getting sick of those stupid weak stockers. (I take my front end apart every month and grease it too).
How much do they usally got for , for a full set.
Thanks.

JOEX
03-25-2003, 01:23 PM
http://www.meszmoto.com/ makes some along with bolts that have zerk fittings. I don't have them so I can't comment on them.

Joe

TRX_Thumper
03-26-2003, 08:44 AM
i usually only have problems with the lower a arm bushings so when a bushing goes i just buy a new a arm from www.servicehonda.com...a 400ex lower a arm is only $35....yeah the stockers are weak but when you can sell your worn out a arms on ebay and buy a new one for cheaper it works out ok...but i willl let the buyer know the bushings are loose so its all good

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 09:08 AM
i think hes talking about bushings for aftermarket a-arms, not the bearings and seals for stock a-arms. I will be calling houser here shortly, because there new a-arms are supposed to come with needle bearings instead of bushings. SO if thats the case, ill do that, or just setup needlebearings in mine anyways. Just have to find the right size seals and bearings.

AFTERMARKET
03-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Contact Laeger's for a good set of bushings
909-693-9048

holeshot19
03-26-2003, 10:46 AM
leagers not better ive trying meszo bushings there not holding up much better than the ones that come with housers now i read a page they have in this months dirtwheels say now they have needle bearing not the cheep plastic ones like they sold me.i saw some urathane bushings on guys quads they say work great. it a pisser pay that much 4 after market arms and they have gresse fittings and dont last long at all.:mad: :scary:

boogiechile
03-27-2003, 02:33 AM
needle bearings are the way to go.

DEAL
03-27-2003, 11:21 AM
^ Exactly what i was thinking.

Teufel
03-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Helms polyurethane bushings hold up better than anything I have ever used. Do a search there are a couple of threads on this. The Honda oem is F$#@ junk. It is the same as they put in the 88-89 250r they were junk then and they are junk now

speedy400
03-28-2003, 12:06 PM
how do you know when the bushings are "going", sorry I'm used to greasing them piriod(banshee) thanks-darren
by the way how long does it take for them to go out, mine are stock and have been rode for like 1-2 yearsish

03-28-2003, 12:12 PM
on a 400ex when the stock bearings go out the a arm will move back and forth in the mount

Teufel
03-29-2003, 03:21 AM
One way to check, especially if you have bushings, is to get beside the quad and rock the front tire back and forth while observing the pivot area for free play or slop.
Aslo get in front of the quad and lift up on the front end and then return it to the floor compressing the suspension while obsreving.

Hope this helps :cool: