PDA

View Full Version : The Predator

Jellyrolls
03-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Is the Predator as good as everyone is saying it is?? i mean think about it...its the first clutched fourwheeler that polaris has ever made and Polaris has a reputation of sometimes not holding up that great....
Whats yalls input?

own2424
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
I like it. When I saw that sucker down at BUttercup Dunes, it was hauling some serious *****!!! I mean, it was wrecking the raptors up the hill. I also like the way it looks, the Troy Lee Edition...:eek2:

remlapr
03-25-2003, 12:03 PM
I have only checked one out at a show and I thought the fit, finish, and quality seemed poor compared to the Z400 that was sitting next to it.

RED121572
03-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Im happy with mine. You must ride it to appreciate it.

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Boy does the predator liked to be revved!!!:devil ITs a handful and yet so managable..I have said this before in other threads, EVERY new quad out there has had there faults and weak spots and defects, Depeending on rider preference(duning,MX, size of person, skilled rider,ect.) is going to have a WIDE variation on what is "good"...As far as dependable, know one will know for sure until we all get a chance to get out there and put some time on them.So far, our predator has been good, it has been having some issues with master cylinder and Polaris is working on this issue and we are having ours checked.thats the nice thing about warrenty and we bought a 4 year warrenty also...We have no regrets on our purchace and cant wait until the big duning trip to really see how it flies.....:p :cool:

balla250ex
03-31-2003, 02:16 PM
I'll agree they do look hot (maybe a lil bit too busy looking, like they tried to make it look too hot). about the dependability thing...

I am a little bit skeptical at first...Once a year goes by then I might consider it based on whut owners have to say

rookiex
03-31-2003, 02:29 PM
I pry for dales to come back up...cuz anyone will tell you they will make a turd look like a lil lt80....I have ridden both....An I like both really don't get me wrong the pred. is a AWSOME quad...But its like ever since this deal wit cdale they have fallin out...ya know...Its like noone thinks they are nice anymore :(

QuadJunkies
03-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I pry for dales to come back up...cuz anyone will tell you they will make a turd look like a lil lt80....I have ridden both....An I like both really don't get me wrong the pred. is a AWSOME quad...But its like ever since this deal wit cdale they have fallin out...ya know...Its like noone thinks they are nice anymore :( OH. I think the Cdale is VERY NICE! WE almost got one before getting the predator.. Its too bad all that has happened with Cdale..:( Theonly real reason we didnt was we have no dealers close ..closest is 5-6 hour dirve and if we had any probelm,s wel, I am yet to see one in our neck of the woods, so we just not comfortable buying one....

rookiex
03-31-2003, 02:52 PM
I really do believe that the pred is a 10 on the quad scale, Believe the hype.I race all the time an I was at sunday creek loretta qfyers an preds where all over the place

3 WITH ELKAS all the way around. I did take 1st over all wit my new dale :D but guess who was second a lightly modded pred. he was slammin the 60-70 ft doubles an me an him where the only 2 doing the 85 ft table top into a near hair pin turn, Let me tell you THOSE PREDS GOT BREAKS, they are heavy but I seen that thing stop an turn on a DIME I am talkin 4th gear tapped over this 85 table top then a turn right after an it would do it like it was made for it.

So I give the pred. a 10 an I think they will be a great contender on the MX track an GNCC tracks for the next 2 years....

Good luck with yours QJ :D

QuadJunkies
03-31-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I really do believe that the pred is a 10 on the quad scale, Believe the hype.I race all the time an I was at sunday creek loretta qfyers an preds where all over the place

3 WITH ELKAS all the way around. I did take 1st over all wit my new dale :D but guess who was second a lightly modded pred. he was slammin the 60-70 ft doubles an me an him where the only 2 doing the 85 ft table top into a near hair pin turn, Let me tell you THOSE PREDS GOT BREAKS, they are heavy but I seen that thing stop an turn on a DIME I am talkin 4th gear tapped over this 85 table top then a turn right after an it would do it like it was made for it.

So I give the pred. a 10 an I think they will be a great contender on the MX track an GNCC tracks for the next 2 years....

Good luck with yours QJ :D Thanks...;)

rob-u/21
04-01-2003, 07:04 AM
I do agree about the pred being a 10. I raced my predator at the SCORE San Felipe 250 last month and after going through the extremly rough 228 mile course our quad was still running like new. We did only have one problem with the left front tierod mount breaking after the first 50 miles of non stop whoops and three flats but other than that the bike ran great.

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
I do agree about the pred being a 10. I raced my predator at the SCORE San Felipe 250 last month and after going through the extremly rough 228 mile course our quad was still running like new. We did only have one problem with the left front tierod mount breaking after the first 50 miles of non stop whoops and three flats but other than that the bike ran great. wow..thats cool... So how did you do???How did you place?

ridered86
04-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
I have only checked one out at a show and I thought the fit, finish, and quality seemed poor compared to the Z400 that was sitting next to it.

i dont know they look pretty sweet, the first thing i saw was that stainless brakeline comin off the bars:D

rob-u/21
04-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the interest quadjunkie. The only mods we had on our bike were 23" front ITP's, 20" rear ITP's, WB slip on, K&N air filter with 10 UNI air box vents drilled in, +2 steering stem with the anti-vibe clamps by www.tbrproducts.com (http://www.tbrproducts.com) tag bars, acerbis handguards, and a denton steering stabelizer. I had about a 5 to 10 minute lead on the second place quad within the first 50 or so miles when the bracket (or whatever you call it) that connects the tie rod to the PRO steering broke while I was going through some pretty tough whoops at a pretty fast pace sending me for a pretty harsh fall. LUCKILY there was some spectator who gave me the quad and me a ride a mile up the course where I was suppose to get off the quad and were our spare quad was to switch the broken part and the rear tire I knocked of the bead after going down. We lost over an hour replacing the piece. The rest of the race went pretty smooth except for two more flats and we ended up with a fifth place finish in our sportsman class. I'll try to post some picks.

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
Thanks for the interest quadjunkie. The only mods we had on our bike were 23" front ITP's, 20" rear ITP's, WB slip on, K&N air filter with 10 UNI air box vents drilled in, +2 steering stem with the anti-vibe clamps by www (http://www.tbrproducts.com) tag bars, acerbis handguards, and a denton steering stabelizer. I had about a 5 to 10 minute lead on the second place quad within the first 50 or so miles when the bracket (or whatever you call it) that connects the tie rod to the PRO steering broke while I was going through some pretty tough whoops at a pretty fast pace sending me for a pretty harsh fall. LUCKILY there was some spectator who gave me the quad and me a ride a mile up the course where I was suppose to get off the quad and were our spare quad was to switch the broken part and the rear tire I knocked of the bead after going down. We lost over an hour replacing the piece. The rest of the race went pretty smooth except for two more flats and we ended up with a fifth place finish in our sportsman class. I'll try to post some picks. Please do post some pics!!!:blah I love to read about these events and the Bajas ect... the suspense on who ends up winning the race makes me bite my damn nails off half way through the story!!:p Congadulations on your victory!!! I am currently looking for aftermaret parts any links please shoot them my way...Tina :)

rob-u/21
04-02-2003, 07:36 AM
http://C:\WINDOWS\Descktop\roberto\sf3-r14-12.jpg
Here is on of the pictures I have. I dont know if I am doing this right. The people at tbr products already made me two steering stems which are 2 inches longer and have the anti-vibe clamps. They will also be making me a set of a arms which will make my quad 50 inches wide and a set of lights for the upcoming baja 500 which I will race on my pred.