PDA

View Full Version : Question for ya`s

12-15-2001, 02:42 PM
Today the 300 acted a little strange. After about 6 laps around the track i pulled off for the next moto to run. Well i stopped and let the bike idle. When i hit the gas the quad hesitated. It was almost like it wasn`t warmed up. It only happens after like 6 or more laps. Could it be overheating? I just have no throttle response. Should i rejet? I did a plug reading and it is carboned up ( NGK first ride on plug), so i know it is running rich but i have Powroll exhaust on order . Could i have a bad plug? I haven`t checked the gap since i put it in but if it was gapped wrong would it only have crappy throttle response when it is warm? GRRR any suggestions?

4punksdad
12-15-2001, 03:56 PM
forgive me if I am insulting your intelligence.........but, is the air filter clean?

12-15-2001, 04:12 PM
insult away! hehe yes the filter is clean. But i did switch to pj1 filter oil .... hmmmm i wonder.......

Guy400
12-15-2001, 04:38 PM
Did you by chance over oil it?

12-15-2001, 04:41 PM
Nahh i used the normal amount i always have. It is just funny it does it while it is hot only. i dunno, thanks for the replys guys, got anything else?

12-15-2001, 11:57 PM
if it's different oil it might be thicker and restrict your airflow,you goota squeeze all you cann back out of it,i use klotz oil in a can type oil and it's thinner and easier to squeeze out and before i go out to ride i just spray some on to make sure its oiled good,the motor pulls enough air to suck the left over oil out and burn it in the motor

12-16-2001, 08:33 AM
i do it the same as i always had for the past 13 years of riding. I usually use the spray on PJ1 filter oil but my local shop only had the kind in a bottle so i had to use that. I really don`t believe that it is the filter but you never know .

400exJOE
12-16-2001, 11:13 AM
besides the air fiter, you said it was running rich. Maybe after about 6 laps, too much carbon is on your plug and it can't get the proper amount of spark. Just a guess.

12-16-2001, 11:19 AM
i was also thinking that joe. I am goin to do another plug reading today and log it like i do my race cars. I really don`t want to rejet untill i get my exhaust.

hetrick425ex
12-20-2001, 06:15 AM
we all swear by the maxima FAB1 filter oil it works good.... and we always chage our plugs everyrace...