PDA

View Full Version : New Linkin Park

spincr4hire
03-25-2003, 05:50 AM
Picked up the new disc today...kick ***** !!:devil :devil

QuadTrix6
03-25-2003, 06:00 AM
its out already ??? i downloaded most of the songs already i think its an awsome CD, im going to see them live with a few other bands in july

spincr4hire
03-25-2003, 06:29 AM
cool, yep came out today.
"Lying From You" is probably my favorite song right now.

I saw them Ozzfest 2001, they are great live!

Glow Plug
03-25-2003, 06:30 AM
what's it called is it remanation?

spincr4hire
03-25-2003, 06:35 AM
no, reanimation came out almost a year ago...Meteora is the title of the new cd.

Glow Plug
03-25-2003, 06:37 AM
ok it's just because my sister just got it lol i'll have to try and find me it for my b'day just to make her mad:D

Extremeracer167
03-25-2003, 06:48 AM
im goin to pick it up after work. the local Sam goody only had 3 left to put on the shelf after i reserved mine. And they had 200 copies!!! It better be good, i got the special addition reserved with the DVD and stuff like that. I CANT WAIT!!!

spincr4hire
03-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Best Buy had it for $9.99, the limited edition was $13.99.

zephead400ex
03-25-2003, 09:56 AM
I have seen LP in concert and will see them again next month, April 29th w/ Mudvayne and Blindside. Then the next week I will see Stonesour w/ Ra and Powerman 5000.

Is the whole new CD good?

400exBro
03-25-2003, 10:00 AM
it is a wicked cd diffently get it!!!!

Billa-bong38
03-25-2003, 10:42 AM
LP is the best band in the world right now....
I have everyone of there songs on my computer and love them all ... i didnt hear too much new songs
but i think ill be picking up the new CD soon..:devil

toby400ex
03-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Their songs may be good but their commercial is retarded, its a bunch of chicks with gas masks going down the street on utility atv's. And the wolverine at the end for some reason sounds like a dirtbike and goes bizz bizz:huh :grr

Foxrage
03-25-2003, 12:06 PM
I want that cd really bad. I told my mom to pick it up no one had it in. Anyone saved it to kaza yet so i can download it or have the list of songs? Thanks

nismo
03-25-2003, 12:07 PM
i think LP comes up with some good songs and i cant wait to hear the new cd

tants
03-25-2003, 12:22 PM
their new cd is OK. i listened to my friends... i like their first one much beter.

josh
03-25-2003, 12:49 PM
what's the name of that new song, with the girl in the appartment that wakes up and climbs up the building in the music vid, i can't find it anywere on kazaa????????????????

DEAL
03-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah the commercial for the Cd is interesting, I didn't know wolverines and Foremans sounded like Banshees:huh

tants
03-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
Yeah the commercial for the Cd is interesting, I didn't know wolverines and Foremans sounded like Banshees:huh

LMAO, so true :scary:

Black400
03-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I have seen LP in concert and will see them again next month, April 29th w/ Mudvayne and Blindside. Then the next week I will see Stonesour w/ Ra and Powerman 5000.

Is the whole new CD good?

I am gonna see StoneSour and Powerman 5000 in may.

I dont really like LP to much rapping. Is this cd (Meteora) is it harder than the last one? If it is harder and less rapping i might check it out.

Foxrage
03-25-2003, 02:26 PM
It seems to be the heaviest....I would of been pist if it was rap..... Anyone list the songs please...Thanks

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
I am gonna see StoneSour and Powerman 5000 in may.

StoneSour is awesome live! Enjoy...:devil

Striker49
03-26-2003, 12:52 AM
D/L most of the songs for myself last night...so far pretty good. :)

trueblue450
03-26-2003, 04:27 AM
DAMN I picked this cd up last night. There first one I could listen through the whole cd no problem. Same with this one. This is gotta be one of the best cd's ive heard in a long time.

Get it!

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah the WHOLE CD ROCKS!! #3 & 4 are the best. You will LOVE blindside in concert. Saw them with Hoobastank, man that place got rowdy! But i def. have to say this is the best LP cd of the 2. Its simply KICK @$$, and yes its pretty hard compared to Hybrid Theory

Honda4trax250x
03-26-2003, 04:33 AM
i used to like LP when it first came outbut in my opinion it is very easy to get sick of

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
Yeah the WHOLE CD ROCKS!! #3 & 4 are the best. You will LOVE blindside in concert. Saw them with Hoobastank, man that place got rowdy! But i def. have to say this is the best LP cd of the 2. Its simply KICK @$$, and yes its pretty hard compared to Hybrid Theory

It is a great sophomore effort, no flop here.
It would be hard to say its better than the first, IMO, Hybrid Theory is hard to beat.

phatswinn
03-26-2003, 05:13 AM
i bought it today for $2 for a copied versian, im grad to hear its great

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 05:15 AM
I bought it, and made 4 copies of it for friends...for free.:devil

cody anderson
03-26-2003, 05:42 AM
GOT IT LAST NIGHT IT'S TYPICAL LINKIN PARK... RULES... ON SALE AT TARGET HERE IN MINNESOTA FOR $10 NICE HUH?

QuadTrix6
03-26-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by josh
what's the name of that new song, with the girl in the appartment that wakes up and climbs up the building in the music vid, i can't find it anywere on kazaa????????????????

evenesence - bring me to life ;)

QuadTrix6
03-26-2003, 06:08 AM
last night on MTV i saw a promo for the new linkin park cd did ne one catch it ..well all you see is a dark kinda alleyway and all of a sudden a bunch or people cruise by on like 3-4 quads and then a close up of a girl with a gas mask on...cool that they used quads :o :D

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 06:42 AM
Evenesence SUCKS!! THere music is so lame, it puts me to sleep. I dont really like the idea of girls and ROCK bands. Let them sing there liltt elove songs. Especially kitty, man does kitty blow a fat one!

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 06:55 AM
extremeracer, check out OTEP, that chick can scream and growl with the best of them. Probably one of the few chick driven bands I like. She signed my shirt at Ozzfest last year..she's kinda HOT:cool:

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 07:26 AM
not a linkin park fan, why, cause its too mainstream........i put them in the same catagory is n sync and Backdoor boys......
its POP music and everyone and there mothers will buy this cd and get sick of it in about 3 months......so hurray for linkin park...
pretty bad when little girls who are 12 jamming to LP........

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 07:33 AM
They are a crossover band that does sell a lot of records, but please don't put them in the same category as N'stink and Backstreet. At least they have enough talent to play their own instruments..and I don't know a band that has a following of such a wide range of people as Linkin Park (12 year old to 50+ y.o.). If that makes them a pop band then so be it, this 30 something still thinks they rock.:blah
I've seen 12 year old girls jamming to Ozzy too, does that make him bad as well?

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 07:39 AM
you know why little girls jam to ozzy, cause little girls watch MTV which the poor guy is on 24 7..........and why is alot of people getting sick of ozzy, cause hes went mainstream.....and don't tell me that people aren't gettin sick of him......i had all his cds, loved him...........goes on MTV, makes an *** outa himself....and those cds are now in the back of my cd case.....never been listen to for about a year now.............thanks POP music

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 07:51 AM
well if u donw want your ozzy cds, ill gladly take them. I could care less who listens to what. And i dont base my music likes on how "mainstream" something is. If i like it, im gonna listen to it. But watching the dvd that comes with the special edition copy, shows that those guys really are talented. They do some crazy **** with there music. They make up all there own beats, and dont use samples from anyone else. Like most other bands.

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 07:54 AM
12 year olds also listen to System of a Down, Slipknot, Disturbed, etc...I guess all that stuff is POP music, too.:rolleyes:
I agree with extremeracer...If I like the music, I listen to it. I don't care who else likes it or listens to it.

monkeyboy
03-26-2003, 08:01 AM
momma sayz rok an roll is da devills music..:devil

we ownly listeen to a man talkin on sundaays mornin on tha radeo win we pray..:)

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 08:07 AM
hahahhah whatever, you just taking side with extreme

ALL im saying i like music that NO one listens to.............

"thats not main stream"

mindless self indulgence
primer 55
stuck mojo
insolence
ect....

what really kill liking LP for me, was last year....at out local county fair, a 10 year old kid was singing karoke "in the end" and just murdered it for me...im sorry......

danyeo
03-26-2003, 08:21 AM
I dont dislike LP but i am not a fan! WHy. Well because I have been a guitar player for over 18 years and i like to hear people rip. That guy in LP must either suck, or if he is good must be bored as hell as the those 2 have to take up every bit of the songs to rap on. At first some of the songs were listenable but my god i got soo sick of hearing them on the radio over and over. I like System and Disturbed, not too much more guitar ripping going on there either but heavier and better riffs. I really miss the old guitar hero days, when guys like Rhandy Roads and Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai were on top. I think Kirk Hammet is better than most of the NU-metal guys and i don't Kirk is really that good, he is just in a great band. If you guys are learning to play guitar you sould get into the old stuff because the new stuff WILL bore the heck out of you worse than 250ex.

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 08:22 AM
wiredmini,
For your info. I listen to Stuck Mojo, MSU, and Primer 55 absolutely ROCKS! I saw them live WAY BACK. Do you listen to the Kottonmouth Kings? Check out Darwin's Waiting Room, and Sw1tched, also...

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 08:25 AM
i've been a kottonmouth kings fan since waaaayyyyyyy back!!!
when surban life, and life ain't what it seems came out i was like holy shhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt!!!!!!

i buy every one of there cds.....and why, cause they ROCK!!!!!!!
and you won't be seeing them on any MTV!!!!!!

DEAL
03-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
last night on MTV i saw a promo for the new linkin park cd did ne one catch it ..well all you see is a dark kinda alleyway and all of a sudden a bunch or people cruise by on like 3-4 quads and then a close up of a girl with a gas mask on...cool that they used quads :o :D

It would have been cool if they didn't put the 2-stroke sound effects in...

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Danyeo!!???

have you ever heard Dimebag Darrell from Pantera rip??????
that guy is God!!!!!!!!!!!

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Give em time, they'll be kicking it on MTV. But MTV sux, I like MuchMusic much better...their show Uranium is kickars.

Extremeracer167
03-26-2003, 08:49 AM
the only guitar player out there that REALLY MAKES a band is Tom Morello. That guy is simply a pure Genius! Bt overall Audoslave is still an AWESOME band. The only thing that is REALLY queer about Kottonmouth kings was the fact that on there one cd every song was 4:20 long. How cheezy is that. They have good music, but thats corny.

spincr4hire
03-26-2003, 08:52 AM
at 4-2-0, yeah our clocks is always altered...:D

danyeo
03-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Yeah, i like dirtbag Darrell, lol. He's great but i saw them live once and the they were soo drunk they were terrible, he ****ed up Cemetary Gates. But i can name so many players that you probably never heard of that are so good. But they just never were in the right band at the right time or for whatever reason. Well, lead guitar has been dead for a long time. I did always hate those ***** poser hair bands. OH well, it is music and you can never tell someone what to listen to or you can't tell someone what they like. The guitar thing did overkill itself but trends come and go but you certainly can't deny the sucess of LP.

danyeo
03-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Yes, Tom Morello comes up with some real cool stuff.

Foxrage
03-26-2003, 09:42 AM
I DL it today and i have say im glads they didnt go hip hop or i would of been pist this really steps it up from reanimation i think.

03-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Brit220
what's it called is it remanation?

WOW:eek2: WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST YEAR?:huh UNDER A ROCK?:huh :blah

Billa-bong38
03-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Just because LP is popular and isnt one of your **** bands that no ones heard about doesnt mean they can't make sweet music... U must not of listen to them ever if u think there like n'sync or backstreet boys... Linkin Park is the best punk rock band out there.. But you think your too cool for a band that is popular... haha good one !!!

Dan_Guetter
03-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey water bong

just went out and bought LP new cd..............
thank god it was only 9.99, why....cause it sux..........BIG TIME

you should go out and buy some green there bong

Black400
03-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Billa-bong38
Just because LP is popular and isnt one of your **** bands that no ones heard about doesnt mean they can't make sweet music... U must not of listen to them ever if u think there like n'sync or backstreet boys... Linkin Park is the best punk rock band out there.. But you think your too cool for a band that is popular... haha good one !!!

I downloaded some of their new stuff and here is what i thought!

Sorry to break it to you LP fans but they suck all they are is rap/pop now! and they sold out all there rich and fame changed them and i dont like them because they do it all FOR THE MONEY and they suck!

Black400
03-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Give em time, they'll be kicking it on MTV. But MTV sux, I like MuchMusic much better...their show Uranium is kickars.

URANIUM does kick major ***!!!!!:devil

Billa-bong38
03-26-2003, 03:42 PM
First ... haha why did yea go buy the CD after u said all the stuff about them.. Second i wouldnt be the one making fun of names there penismini..
U go now and listen to your n'sync and backstreet boys... Keep that LP CD out for when your friends come over tho, so they wont think your a totally fruit...
:bandit: