PDA

View Full Version : best handlebar bend?

TRX_Thumper
03-25-2003, 03:08 AM
im fixin to buy some handlebars..all i do is race harescarambles and jump a little...i need a comfortable bend since most races are 1 1/2 long...what do you guys run for the woods

Pro400EXC
03-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Sry to tell yah bro,but what one person use's doesn't mean it will suit your needs. You have to use a bar thats comfy for you,and not Joe Blow from Cocoamo....

I run RM Highs, and they are pretty wide (wider than stock) and not that tall, well my one bro thinks there too wide to ride w/ and so on,and he runs CR Highs, so there is a vast variety of bars to choose from, but you just need to find what suits you....

TRX_Thumper
03-25-2003, 10:09 AM
oh yeah i know what you mean i was just prety much wonderin what everyone uses..right now i just got a set of wide ,low moose $16.95 bars on it right now lookin to upgrade cause they last for one wreck an one wreck only

ridered86
03-25-2003, 10:56 AM
i have a +1 steering stem and tag x-5's in cr low, but that is just what i like...

Razorback
03-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by TRX_Thumper
im fixin to buy some handlebars..all i do is race harescarambles and jump a little...i need a comfortable bend since most races are 1 1/2 long...what do you guys run for the woods

IMO, you should go to where you normally ride and check out the different bars that other people have and ask if you can see how the fit you. All you would have to do is just sit on the quad and determine if that's what you want.

If you have a stock stem or stock size stem, then most people are going to tell you that a CR high bend is what they like. A lot of racers use a longer stem and CR low bend. I have Renthal's ATV Race bend and I like it a lot. It's somewhere in the middle, but definitely lower than stock bars.

Also, keep in mind that you probably would prefer aluminum bars. If you get the $20 steel bars, that have little to no flex, so they will get you fatigued quicker. They will also bend any time you roll. Spend a little more money on the aluminum bars and you'd be happy.

I don't know where it's at, but someone posted a thread a while back that has dimensions on all the different bends. It was very good info. Maybe someone can post a link to it. If someone does, I'll copy it over to the FAQ forum.