PDA

View Full Version : Ever Have This Happen Before?

spliffy
03-25-2003, 02:27 AM
So Last Night I Went To Change Out My Main Jet On My 250r & The Dam Thing Busted Off Inside :mad: So The Threads Are Still In The Carb & I Can't Get Them Out... I'm Going To The Hardware Store Here In A Little Bit To See If They Have A Real Real Small Easy Out & Hope That I Can Get In There & Get It Out Without Messing Up The Threads.. I Will Write Back & Let You Know How It Goes..... If For Some Reason I Can't Get It Out I Guess I Have To Buy A New Carb..... The Wife Is Just Gonna Kill Me If I Have To Spend $200 On A New Carb... She Said Last Night, This Little Project Is Getting Outa Hand, I Thought To Myself, If You Only Really Know How Much I Have Spent On The Thing LOL :p

jchevy
03-25-2003, 02:59 AM
I think you should be able to use an easy out to get it out. You wont even have to drill a hole which is usually the hard part. Good luck

Doibugu2
03-25-2003, 03:30 AM
They usually come out pretty easy, so I would think that it wouldn't be to hard to get out, you'll just have to find something that you can get a good grip on it.

spliffy
03-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Yep, The Easy Out Worked Great.. Just Had To Find A Small Enough One. So Thats Outa The Way... I Gotta Figure Out Why I Have To Run Such A Small Main On A 250r To Get It To Run Right.... My Main Jet To Run Correctly & Have A Good Looking Plug Is A 140, I Think Stock Is A 150... I Have Fatty Pipe With A Powercore 2 Spark Arrestor, K&N Filter, Boyeson Rad Valve & A .050 Piston... & Its Still A Smaller Jet Than Stock.. Maybe Its Just the Way This Engine Is :ermm: Last Night Before My Little Main Jet Stuck In The Carb Mishap , I Had A 145 In It & At Full Throttle It Would Bog Out & If I Held It Open It Would Actually Floodout & Die. :confused2 Any Ideas?????

swamprider7
03-25-2003, 05:36 AM
What is your mixture screw set at?

spliffy
03-25-2003, 06:58 AM
It Is At the Stock Setting According To My Manual... I Beleive 1 & 3/4 Out.. I Can't Remember Off The Top Of My Head But It Is What My Clymer Says. So I Don't Think That Is the Problem, It Runs Great Up Untill About 3/4 Throttle & Thats Why I Say Its The Main.... I Have A Stock Pilot (48) In It & Thats Fine By Looking At The Plug & The Needle Is In the Stock Position Also. Its Just Weird That It Would Need Such A Small Main Compared To Stock.. Even With Some Minor Motor Mods I Would Think I Would Have To Raise The Size Not Go Down... :confused2 By The Way This 140 Main Is The Size I Took Out Before I Did Any Motor Mods To It, So Its Not Like I Went Down After Mods , I Just Didn't Go Up In Size Like You Would After Mods Normally.

skemp
03-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Geez man, it's hard to read your post! :) My friend put a boyeson rad valve in his R, and the instructions said to jet down... Don't know why, but I think we ended up at a 155 with everything else stock except for a K&N.

spliffy
03-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Why Is It Hard To Read?

spliffy
03-26-2003, 09:38 AM
Kick@$$... I Got It Done... She Goes Like A Scalded Ape.. The Dam Little Clip Thingy On The Needle Was Busted & Screwing Stuff Up. I Got A New Needle & Clip & Now The Plug Is A Perty Cinnemon Color In All Ranges Of The Throttle. :macho :D

toby400ex
03-26-2003, 12:04 PM
i broke mine too, but i just jammed a knife in the threads stuck in it and it turned out easily, it scared the chit out of me cuz i had a race the next day.:eek2:

skemp
03-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Sorry man, it isn't really that hard to read, but I just haven't ever seen anybody capitalize every first letter of every word before.

Good to hear that you got it running nicely, what jetting did you end up with? I am curious.

Bean
03-26-2003, 01:43 PM
thats wierd, i am running the same pipe combo, but im ported, bored over, cool head, 38mm carb, k&n, but im running a 180 main, hmmm

TRX300X
03-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Elevation can cause variations in jetting

spliffy
03-27-2003, 05:15 AM
i am at a 145 now... its still weird that its lower than stock but whatever, it is running strong & right so i will let it be... is this better?? no caps at all now lol :blah