PDA

View Full Version : Sandlake sunday

racershaun
03-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Another awesome day at Sand Lake, it was clear and warm, T-shirt ride. Nothing like riding double out of the tree pits on a 400ex and getting the thumbs up from everybody standing on top of the hill.

CHAUNCY
03-24-2003, 05:55 PM
get any pics.
Sounds like killer fun

racershaun
03-24-2003, 06:03 PM
sorry no pics, I am new to this situation, so it will take a little while figure out how to post pics. Besides that I am to busy riding to take pictures. Nothing like riding circles around the banshies and raptures on the hillclimbs.

JOEX
03-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Cool...I'm itchin for a dune ride...I should have gone today:rolleyes:
Ever go to www.sandlakeduners.com ?

Joe

CHAUNCY
03-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by racershaun
sorry no pics, I am new to this situation, so it will take a little while figure out how to post pics. Besides that I am to busy riding to take pictures. Nothing like riding circles around the banshies and raptures on the hillclimbs.

LOL:p Sounds like you had fun runnin the hills.

AndrewRRR
03-25-2003, 07:32 AM
What does your bike look like? We were out there Sunday till about 4. My cousin had his red and white banshee with CPI outlaw pipes and a +10 swingarm. My God that thing is fast now. I was on Casper (yellow LT250 with a 600cc Ninja motor and dual sidepipes, you'd know it if you saw or heard it) for a while but I started having tranny problems so I took it back and rode the 400ex and my cousin's banshee for the rest of the time. My buddies showed up later, black/white banshee, red/white built blaster, blue blaster, white sandrail, blue sandrail.
It was raining when we got there but the sun came out later and it was great. I think I actually got a slight sunburn! Of course both me and my cuz forgot our cameras :rolleyes:. Hopefully this weekend I'll go to florence if my pipe ever decides to get here. CPI is ticking me off.

racershaun
03-25-2003, 04:15 PM
When I am at sandlake their is only one place I usually hangout, and that is in the tree pits, such as lost goat or on the corner, or between the first and second bowl or where ever people are standing on top of a hill. If I were you I would drive the extra 20 minutes to winchester bay, so much more fun.

Dextreme
03-27-2003, 07:23 AM
Why is it called Lost Goat? I think I remember seeing a sign years ago. Maybe we need to make a new one?

JOEX
03-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Dextreme
Why is it called Lost Goat? I think I remember seeing a sign years ago. Maybe we need to make a new one?
There was a sign the last time I was there, September I think.

Joe

F-16Guy
03-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Ahhh, Sand Lake. I grew up riding there. I went from Odessey, to 200SX, to 250X, and so on. We always camped out at Derick Road. It's not a big place, but there's a real "neighborhood" mentality that makes it feel very comfortable. The people there are always great. There's nothing like a night time shred on those curvy, high-banked tree line trails, and nothing funnier than someone who thinks they "got a BAD *** bike" getting stuck in one of those dead end, no-run hill climbs on the sides of the dunes!! Good stuff! Beautiful scenery, too. I'm trying to get up there this August for a little "reunion" riding trip.

Dextreme
03-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Where are you located F16? Are you here in Oregon?

F-16Guy
03-28-2003, 07:17 AM
Born and raised in Beaverton, but work took me to Phoenix.

mopar 400
03-28-2003, 08:27 AM
f-16 guy hows is your bro ? He didn"t get called on.........

F-16Guy
03-31-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by mopar 400
f-16 guy hows is your bro ? He didn"t get called on.........

He's fine, no call-ups yet. The wedding went good. The Thursday before the wedding, we went to Dumont. Lots of fun. That's the first time I've been there during the week... that place was a ghost town. It's nice not worrying about some drunk idiot takin' you out when your on the dunes!! Are you going to make it out to Vegas some day? We'll take you out to Moapa, some of the best desert riding anywhere.

QuadJunkies
03-31-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
What does your bike look like? We were out there Sunday till about 4. My cousin had his red and white banshee with CPI outlaw pipes and a +10 swingarm. My God that thing is fast now. I was on Casper (yellow LT250 with a 600cc Ninja motor and dual sidepipes, you'd know it if you saw or heard it) for a while but I started having tranny problems so I took it back and rode the 400ex and my cousin's banshee for the rest of the time. My buddies showed up later, black/white banshee, red/white built blaster, blue blaster, white sandrail, blue sandrail.
It was raining when we got there but the sun came out later and it was great. I think I actually got a slight sunburn! Of course both me and my cuz forgot our cameras :rolleyes:. Hopefully this weekend I'll go to florence if my pipe ever decides to get here. CPI is ticking me off. Good to hear you had a good time... Did Kacy take some pics? I talked to her brifely Sat. morning and she said you gota digi ? Let see some of them:blah ..Sorry to hear about the tranny problems...:(

AndrewRRR
04-01-2003, 05:26 AM
She didn't go on that trip. I also managed to forget my digital camera so I don't have any pics.
This weekend we both went to Florence with another group of people and we took lots of pics, so they'll be up soon. I brought my buddy's banshee this weekend because my R's pipe still isn't done yet :grr