PDA

View Full Version : hotcams stage 2 back ordered?

lilpoppy
03-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Whats the deal with the stage 2 hotcams does anyone have any? C&D say that they are back ordered and it might be a long time before they get any and I have noticed a lot of places don't have any. Is there anywhere we can get them or are we just out of luck?

Castor-426ex
03-24-2003, 06:59 PM
try calling hotcams

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-25-2003, 03:53 AM
Already did that :D

Castor-426ex
03-25-2003, 03:55 AM
want mine?:D

YZROOSTINYA
03-25-2003, 04:34 AM
why do you want to get rid of your cam castor

I am running my cam with the supposedly loose flange. it doesnt need to be pressed on. if it did i have 65 hours on mine without it.

i just put red locktite on it when i put it back in

Castor-426ex
03-25-2003, 04:44 AM
i was jk tryin to get a little notice from Dusty but she thinks im satan

by the way pm me with how much they charged to port your head did they use a flow bench?

i though about going to a stainless valve set up

YZROOSTINYA
03-25-2003, 05:36 AM
read my post - WOW its finished -, i detail everything in there with pics added today

monkeyboy
03-25-2003, 06:37 AM
dos hotcams still brake all tha time???:confused2

YZROOSTINYA
03-25-2003, 07:20 AM
they never did break. people thought that they needed to be pressed on and they dont. it does NOT need to be a interference fit.

mine has been fine for the last 65 hours of abuse

Castor-426ex
03-25-2003, 07:31 AM
now just because youre running yours loose doesnt mean it doesnt need to be an interference fit

thats what Tony has told me..it needs to be tight...if it goes on and comes off by hand with ease its not a good idea to use it

i would think that by the flange being loose that over time its going to cause wear on the teeth at the end of the cam and who knows what could happen...im talking of an extreme case and im not saying thats what WILL happen but there is always a chance

ill be pulling mine apart soon to do a stainless steel valve setup new springs ect

if my flange has become loose the cams gone...i wont risk running it like that...

sparks400ex101
03-25-2003, 10:51 AM
i got mine from atv addiction.com its a stage 2 i recently sent it back so i could spend some extra $$$$ and get the spraks aggressive cam

YZROOSTINYA
03-25-2003, 12:38 PM
tony told me that its not a big deal that its loose. it is left in a side to side fashion but not back and forth where it counts. he said he has a 1186cc streetbike with a cam that is the same way and it putsd out over 220hp at the wheels before nitrous. he has had no probs over the years and mine has given me no trouble either.

beside when the motor heats up the cam gear is going to expand into the cam.

JD400exrider
03-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Castro,
I thought Tony had you send one of your cams back to him because it did not go on with the 500 lbs of pressure. He was worried it was not right. How come he tells YZ that being loose is just fine. Now you can't find them anywhere. Are they buying new equipment to make them? Something does not sound right.

Castor-426ex
03-25-2003, 05:47 PM
got me...im just going by what i was told....

i know that it took a lot to get the flange off the stocker...

and it wouldnt go back on the stocker by hand

and i was told that the flange should be on there tight as an interference fit....but who knows....this is probably a learning experience for hotcams as well

all i know is i expect it to be tight as it was on the stock cam

at the first sign of it being loose....Ill get a diff brand

But Hotcams does have good service...and so far I love the cam

03-25-2003, 06:51 PM
I had a chance to install the New stage2 the other night and the flange installed easily with no problems same as the stage1 etc.

Have been busy and the assembly isnt complete yet so no other info for now.

YZROOSTINYA
03-25-2003, 11:00 PM
440ex40- put red loctite on it. this is what tony told me to do.

i really don't know if it makes a diff or not about the flange. if it caused problems I can assure after 65 hours I would have seen it by now.

I beleive they might(hotcam) be casting the broach onto the newer cams as 1 peice. this would solve all the issues

03-26-2003, 03:23 AM
To clear any confusion by "installed easily" I meant there were no problems and not that the fit was loose etc.

It was an acceptable interference fit as far as I could tell.