PDA

View Full Version : Glammis this summer

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
03-24-2003, 02:47 PM
well I ma flying out to Glammis this summer and I am wondering if any of you have an extra quad that they would let me borrow...I will pay to use it for a day and also pay for you to show me around.IF any damages AT ALL are done including bent bars or something else minor we will pay for it on the spot...Someone help me out here please!

AFTERMARKET
03-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I hope you like ridding in 110 to 120 deg weather!

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
03-24-2003, 03:15 PM
I dont really mind the weather I just want a decent quad to ride.....It will be my first time there too....but someone please help me out!!I will pay!

Str8Wicked
03-25-2003, 06:04 AM
You better go on a full moon cause the only riding you'll be doing is night riding in the summer. You better have an RV with AC also to sleep in all day. That is how everyone does it out there... Believe people who go out during the day are the people who end up missing and found dead in bowl somewhere after a few days.....

It's way to hot out there... It's not worth your life....

Brawley rents quads out there.. Not sure what they rent out thou... I would lend you one but I only got mine and if I'm making the trip out there thats what I'm riding.. Plus it cost me about $150 - $200 in gas alone every weekend I have to drive out...

What time in summer where you planning to go...

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
04-06-2003, 05:39 AM
Were flying out June 19th but we wont be near Glamis until around June 22-25th...come on I know some people would like to earn a little extra money.Please I will pay for it...someone help me out here

VegasEx'r
04-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by AFTERMARKET
I hope you like ridding in 110 to 120 deg weather!

That's in a cool day, in the shade.

If you've never been in 110+ weather, you may think it is hot but bearable, but trust me, at that temperature, ALL energy is drained from your body in just a couple of minutes. It is no fun. Follow str8Wicked's advice, and you can ride at night when it is cooler (by cooler I mean 95-100)

400grl
04-16-2003, 01:34 PM
It's miserable out there during the day in the summer......there is no shade and the heat bounces up from the sand like an oven. The only people that really go out there in the summer go with A/C motorhomes and ride only at night. Even at night it's about 90.....

own2424
04-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Hahaha...Glamis in the SUMMER! What a mistake I made when I came down to AZ last summer. You can only ride like after 6, even then its like 108+ degrees! It will probably be the most boringest time you'll have, because NOBODY will be there...Trust me man, I went there last summer and NOBODY was there!! And on July4th weekend there was about 30-40 quads...its dead in the summer. Yea, it does suck to get lost out there or hurt, because you'll end up frying to death...well, if you go...HAVE FUN!:D

400grl
04-16-2003, 03:37 PM
If you are determined to hit some dunes, go to Oregon. Pismo is supposed to be pretty nice in the summer....at least you are near the ocean!

WyoDuner
04-17-2003, 07:54 AM
There was a story about a guy and a girl that dies out there last summer. Both people died when their buggie broke down. The girl was found dead in the buggy and the guy was like 400 yards away when they found him dead. 400 yards - that's not far at all.

Breyon55
04-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Pismo is a nice to place to ride in the summer......the early mornings r kinda chilly and damp but once the sun comes up your fine.....about 2pm the offshore breeze really picks up and when your camped on the beach it can get miserable..........a rv solves this problem though.but once the wind dies down at night the dunes r nice n smooth and its a blast.just my .02 cents

~Brian

CHAUNCY
04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
There was a story about a guy and a girl that dies out there last summer. Both people died when their buggie broke down. The girl was found dead in the buggy and the guy was like 400 yards away when they found him dead. 400 yards - that's not far at all.

I read about that somewhere. They werent that far away from camp either.

WyoDuner
04-23-2003, 06:38 AM
Yep, like 1 or 1.5 miles from camp if I remember correctly. That just goes to show you how dangerous the place can be when it's that hot.

SGA
04-27-2003, 04:15 AM
Wow! I had no idea it was like that out there at Glamis. I,ve always thought it was 72 degrees there day and night. Guess I learned something new. Is Glamis out in the desert? I know my US geography well, but never have looked to see where Glamis is.

I have been in every state east of the Mississippi River, but never west. I have a friend that lives near me that has a Big rig, and he travels all over the country. His company is based out of California, and hes there all the time. He said I could ride with him anytime. He travels from Georgia to California on I-10 alot, up the west coast , then shoots over from washington state, towards New York, then down to Georgia. I can put my quad in the back of the tractor trailer, he drops me off on the west coast, I rent a P/U and travel up the coast. When he comes back through in a week or so, he picks me up, and I ride back home. Now I just need to find some suckers;) on the west coast that I can stay with overnight.

CHAUNCY
04-27-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Wow! I had no idea it was like that out there at Glamis. I,ve always thought it was 72 degrees there day and night. Guess I learned something new. Is Glamis out in the desert?

Ive never benn but from what I heard it is.

AFTERMARKET
04-27-2003, 06:48 AM
If you want to ride Glamis during the summer you have to do this.
Ride all night up till about 10 am then sleep all day in a AC'ed Trailer/ motorhome. Or pack up and drive to the brawley and stay at the Brawley Inn about 30 miles down the Rd. Or you can go alittle further down the RD And go to the Brand new Super 8 Motel in Westmoreland, another 13 miles from brawley. There is nothing like being in glamis during the summer No tracks. Razorbacks and witches eyes EVERY WERE And SUPER SUPER Soft sand. But Be warned People die out there all summer long because of the heat and getting Sandblinded and geting lost. And help is far away in brawley
Happy Riding!

SGA
04-27-2003, 08:34 AM
I read up on Glamis, dont worry. I have NO intention going near it in the summer from what I have read. Also found a pic of Brawley on the net. I guess things dont change much out there, do they?

AFTERMARKET
04-27-2003, 08:42 AM
HAHAHAH!
Some of thoes old buildings are still there they just have been Rebuilt. Brawley is a Modren town. Its fun to go to the dunes in the summer Just watch out is all.
:cool:

SGA
04-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Location of Glamis, About 30 miles east of Brawley. I cant get the zoomed out map to link, so zoom out on the map to get the big picture.. http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&ed=7TrcWOp_0TrhKW9GfSlSe9GBalB8qNfTee1pOP7_UEMG5kw yLEb7DHzxPqMOugSKSw--&csz=Brawley,+CA&country=us&cs=4&name=&desc=&poititle=&poi=&uz=92227&ds=n&BFKey=&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=3&newmag=2

F-16Guy
04-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Don't listen to these guys. Glamis is nice in the summer.... besides, it's a dry heat! (Back me up here 400grl!!):blah