PDA

View Full Version : Fraud on Exriders.com???

Loeryder
03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Really this goes out to Ben and the admins...

I recently purchased a new unused product of a specific brand from a member of this bb that was selling his quad.
Needless to say what he sent is not what he said he was selling me.

I am out $85 so far and he is basically saying someone else screwed him over so now its my turn.

WTF???

I have all his info and am about to go file a mail fraud report at the PO as well as notify my local police and his local police of the fraud.

People get ripped off on the internet way too often and I am not gonna stand by while he goes out and spends my cash thumbing his nose at my loss.

Anyone got any advice?

If he doesnt pay up I do intend to at least name him and let you guys know who to watch out for.
Maybe some of you can convince him to do the right thing.

**edit
Another BB member who got ripped gave me these contacts for the FTC. thx
www.fraud.org/info/contactnfic.htm
www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Name him. I can't stand when people do that ****. I would go to the post office if I was you.

JOEX
03-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me;) Go for it!:) Make sure you have documentation, e-mails, PM's, the thead that was posted, Copy everything and print it out.

Joe

Derek
03-24-2003, 03:01 PM
yes...who is this fake? We need to know so we dont make the same mistake.

Guy400
03-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I'm a moderator here---give us the name of the member and the details of the transaction. Although there's no legal action the site can take we still don't take the scammers lightly. Feel free to post the info publically here.

ride300exred
03-26-2003, 03:27 PM
I will fess up it was me ,
But I didnt misrepresent anything .
I just resold something that I bought along time ago from another memeber on this board I totally did not know anything about it not being a FST cooler ,
And I stated to him I didnt have the cash to pay him back immediately , If he would like some other parts of mine instead until I get the money together ,
Of course some of you guys may judge me on this experience But I had no intentions of ripping him off , Someway or another he will get money or another product from me right after I post this I will reprivate message him as we have been talking for the last 3 or 4 days , I didnt ignore him or anything everything will work out fine I am not one to rip people off And I've had it happen to me before I've learned "Do unto others as you would like others to do unto you"
Well Thats all I have to say about this subject
Thanks for understanding
Kris

JOEX
03-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Nice to see you step up to the plate, admit the mistake and be willing to rectify the situation.
Passing on your bad deal onto another is not a good thing.....karma rules;)
I hope you and others learn something from this.

Joe

ride300exred
03-26-2003, 04:14 PM
No but see Joe I didnt know that it wasnt a FST I never bothered with it I sold my 300ex about a year ago , This guy just read a old post and it just happens that I still had it sitting around ,
Thanks for understanding though
Kris

JabberJaw
03-26-2003, 06:09 PM
It's nice to be me...

I never have to play stupid..... I was born that way!!!!

ride300exred
03-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Jabber
You always seem to find a way to brighten the moment

QuadTrix6
03-27-2003, 09:45 AM
way too own up dude, i have a feeling you will make things right :)

Loeryder
03-27-2003, 12:58 PM
***edit ***

Got my money back :D

dawzie
03-29-2003, 12:48 PM
Now if only the world could work things out like this

Loeryder
04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
***edit***

AtvMxRider
04-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Just go to the authorities. He will get his butt in gear when the cops knock on his door.

crap-banshee32
05-05-2003, 04:22 PM
yeah he can say sry all he wants but it still doenst give loeryder his money back!!!

ride300exred
05-06-2003, 04:07 PM
I told ya As soon as I get my first paycheck tomorrow the money will be sent , I was waiting for tire money on ebay but the guy never sent me any ?
So I have to relist them ,
Its been kinda hard lately and you guys can talk smack all you want until you are in my situation , I am just a plain school kid that has no money,I have had personal family issues to boot , so come knock on my door and tell me to get the money Because I am trying so please just hold your horses , I never failed to contact Loeryder back . I am getting the money to him ASAP but when you dont have the money how would I send it to him ,It will be there soon , I promise that .
I dont even have the internet anymore because we cant afford it at the time . I am borrowing friends accounts .
And this wasnt even my fault this situation happened I had no idea that it wasnt a FST he's lucky that Im someone to work with him on the problem instead of saying bugoff.
If you want to dog on someone find
s MURPHE s 17 -aol name
CrazyR'srider or something on this board and tell him to send my R/C car back that we traded and he kept both things its been 3-4 months already and he never sent it .
He's saying that his dad prolly has it at his house but he forgot to send it .
Loeryder I am sorry for the wait but I still assure you that will get your money .
Thanks
Kris

Derek
05-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Sell some of the shiz in your profile and get the guy his money!!!:mad:

ride300exred
05-06-2003, 04:20 PM
See derek thats the thing I am trying

Tlongs400
05-07-2003, 11:06 AM
HEY KRIS WHILE U AT IT SEND MY RIMS U HAVE OWED ME FOR 3 WEEKS

Max400
05-07-2003, 11:27 AM
#4x-00'Red 400ex-Trick to the bone-Polished Pro circuit T-4 pipe, K&N filter w/Duncan outerware,Burgard chrome + 2's,Carbon fiber hood, UNI airbox vents , ASV clutch lever,Black anodized OMF scoops,Acrebis handguards,14T countershaft sprocket,Renthals, RaceCut Plastic with skin graphics and seat cover, TCS ZPS shocks,Lonestar axcaliber axle Shockwares,OMF Race rims all around,Fixed Broken oil tank,Pro design tether switch,Nacs number plates, ceramic coated header.NBS Dual row bearing carrier,Ground headers ,LMT carb Mod,Cascade PB blockoff,Scott grips, 158 main 42 pilot
Pipe shield powdercoated by Kenny.
Chain guard powdercoated by me.

Wow all this and you can't afford internet????????????

sounds like B.S. just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!

Derek
05-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Max400
#4x-00'Red 400ex-Trick to the bone-Polished Pro circuit T-4 pipe, K&N filter w/Duncan outerware,Burgard chrome + 2's,Carbon fiber hood, UNI airbox vents , ASV clutch lever,Black anodized OMF scoops,Acrebis handguards,14T countershaft sprocket,Renthals, RaceCut Plastic with skin graphics and seat cover, TCS ZPS shocks,Lonestar axcaliber axle Shockwares,OMF Race rims all around,Fixed Broken oil tank,Pro design tether switch,Nacs number plates, ceramic coated header.NBS Dual row bearing carrier,Ground headers ,LMT carb Mod,Cascade PB blockoff,Scott grips, 158 main 42 pilot
Pipe shield powdercoated by Kenny.
Chain guard powdercoated by me.

Wow all this and you can't afford internet????????????

sounds like B.S. just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!

fo shigity

ride300exred
05-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Yah I worked all last summer for all that stuff and No I cant afford interenet right now Im 16 I dont pay the bills , and after my father had heart surgery it got kinda hard for awhile .
You guys dont know my situation So lay off . I didnt know this Oil cooler was not a Fst a bought it from another member on this board , How many times do I have to say it , He will get his money back It may have taken awhile but it will be sent out this week I got my first paycheck today and i cashed it today so I will have a money order on his way .
And Tim I sent out your rims last week and explained the situation there is no reason to flame me , I cannot control other peoples shedules.
If You guys knew me without judging me you'd get the drift , But you all seem to flame me .
Did I run away from this situation and not pay attention to anyone of you ?
NO . I didnt think so , I am doing my best what more can you expect out of a 16 year old young man .
I also Have seven people in my house right now and doesnt make the money situation any better , My fathers girlfriends daughter is getting a divorce and is staying with me and basically has no income because her ex husband is a loser trying to scam her out of everything and since I remembered lawyers dont work for free , and she has 3 children to feed . So Do you want me to explain why My household has no money at this time anymore ?
What do you want from me seriously .
I did nothing wrong in any of these situations I am helping to the best of my ability .
So If anyone actually took the time to read this , thanks for understanding and sorry for wasting time , Because you guys probraly dont care about anything I said anyhow ,
As I thought as this site as a family
Though you are criticizing me on everything I do at this point whether I post ack You anually post on something else to harass me with , I can go on this post for days but I am done .
There is no fraud On my part as I will follow up on my deal , Sorry I take a little while to gather money it hasnt exactly been easy for me lately .
So Im done
Kris

Derek
05-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ride300exred
I am doing my best what more can you expect out of a 16 year old young man .

You obviously have no buisiness making transactions. You are just making excuses for yourself.

Tlongs400
05-09-2003, 03:12 PM
still NO rims--sent out monday?--i don't think so, c'mon man just send my rims

Loeryder
05-12-2003, 02:24 PM
***edit***

AtvMxRider
05-12-2003, 02:28 PM
quit messing with him and go to the cops.

Derek
05-12-2003, 02:39 PM
COPS!!!!

ride300exred
05-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Guys I swear to you on my life I sent these items out I have the receipt for the money order in my pocket and Ridered400style was personally there when I sent the rims ,
You can contact the police if you would like but I have sent the Items and there is nothing else I can do .
If You don't believe my situation please come do check it out ,
I live in Jermyn Pa I will show you that my AOL account does not work , My quad is in peices and that my father has a fresh scar on his chest , You guys are sick basterds , I went throught alot and you say BS , BS on you ok , I did Tim a favor with the rims I gave him them half price because he wasnt happy with them , The sidewall was damaged in shipping :mad:
And then you guys have the nerve to tell me I lie I will scan the damn reciepts tomorrow if you would really like me to , You guys are pathetic anymore you cannot take my word , I have been here twice as long as most of you who posted and have only had one other problem with a item I sold before , And I bought both of the items here in the first place and they did not hold up mechanically (not my fault).
I cannot help everyone but I try to the best of my ability ,
You guys telling me to sell my stuff
Do you know someone personally who is interested ,
I am willing to sell some of my stuff.
What is your problems I mean seriously I have proof that I sent these things out
My local UPS shipping center did not give me a tracking number however they just gave me a yellow copy reciept ,
You guys have to stop talking smack and face reality that I am not lying ,
I cannot control the world as I am not god .
Things take time , Have anyone of you ever been in a money situation
I know you have Derek you were selling all your stuff awhile back
So lay off , All the stuff is sent if you dont want to be patient then do what you have to do But I have informed you numerous times the product and the money has been sent .
Kris

RideRed400StYlE
05-13-2003, 06:56 AM
He sent the rims out, because I am the one who brought him to ship them. so I know they were shipped out already through ups. you should get them soon

Derek
05-13-2003, 09:08 AM

Things take time , Have anyone of you ever been in a money situation
I know you have Derek you were selling all your stuff awhile back
So lay off
Kris

ME? wtf? You obviously dont know what your talking about because I never was selling all my stuff.

And I still dont think you have any business in selling parts if you cant get them there on time.

ride300exred
05-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Weren't you selling your rocket and a 400ex awhile back ?
And what do you mean selling him stuff I gave him the rims for half price , Its not my fault they take long to get there Im not a UPS worker.
Im sorry for the wait but How can i control how long it takes to get there

XANDADA
05-14-2003, 04:10 AM
Why don't you send him a UPS tracking # which is on the paperwork you filled out when you had it shipped. Then both parties know exactly when/where the item is in route and estimated delivery date.

ride300exred
05-14-2003, 04:16 AM
Iwill scan the reciept it doesnt have one ?

Derek
05-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Weren't you selling your rocket and a 400ex awhile back ?
And what do you mean selling him stuff I gave him the rims for half price , Its not my fault they take long to get there Im not a UPS worker.
Im sorry for the wait but How can i control how long it takes to get there

It wasnt me.

And yea scan the receipt.

Loeryder
05-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Alright guys He wasn't bull****tin.
I got the MO in the mail today.

But you know what the ironic thing is?

I just had to pay:
my mortgage
Truck loantruck ins
Student loan
Credit card
dentist co-pay
6 month of insurance on my other vehicle
and I'm trying to come up with closing costs to refinance my house

So i don't think I'll be able to afford to ship you cooler back to you for say 5-6 weeks... That ok???

J/K
I will do the respectable thing and properly package and ship all the stuff back.

Thanx for comin around.

BaD_250ex
05-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Loeryder I read your last post, without seeing the J/K part and i thought to myself, "what a dick".
J/K haha

Derek
05-15-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by BaD_250ex
Loeryder I read your last post, without seeing the J/K part and i thought to myself, "what a dick".
J/K haha

Naaah he was doing what the kid pulled on him.

Tlongs400
05-15-2003, 04:37 AM
JUST TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW--I GOT MY RIMS YESTERDAY--THANKS

Loeryder
05-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BaD_250ex
J/K haha

Yeah I was just trying to make a point, as silly as it may seem.

His stuff is goin out UPS tomorrow, woulda went today, but we had a power outage at work and quite a few systems were down, UPS was one of them.

ride300exred
05-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Glad to see everything got there ok .
And Derek What part did you ever have in this all you did what reply about what I did wrong , But you never seem to come through and appologize after they got everything , Thats real nice and curtious of you, I guess Doing the best you can do just can't please everyone
Kris

Derek
05-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Glad to see everything got there ok .
And Derek What part did you ever have in this all you did what reply about what I did wrong , But you never seem to come through and appologize after they got everything , Thats real nice and curtious of you, I guess Doing the best you can do just can't please everyone
Kris

Apologize for you screwing a people outta parts for god knows how long........i dont think so. And if doing the best you can was what u did......then u shouldnt sell your stuff over the internet.

dpizz450
06-09-2003, 06:12 PM
ride300exred i have been readin thsi post and i was behind u 110% of the time n i believed u!!! well hope the best in yalls house n money

06-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Funny but this whole thing sounded like an ATV hill billy soap opera :D :blah:

06-10-2003, 12:37 PM
what am i soposed to do about this one?

"Mean400" a member on this site had made a deal with me about an cmf air box and an dmc full exhaust system for $310.00.

well i sent the money out. i never revieved item's

i repoted him to post office and they said there is no chuck welna and the house I shipped my money to was abandoned!

i contacted his local police and they said they will look into it and find him.

i have nothing to go by?

06-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Yell_ex
what am i soposed to do about this one?

"Mean400" a member on this site had made a deal with me about an cmf air box and an dmc full exhaust system for $310.00.

well i sent the money out. i never revieved item's

i repoted him to post office and they said there is no chuck welna and the house I shipped my money to was abandoned!

i contacted his local police and they said they will look into it and find him.

i have nothing to go by?

That whole transaction really scares me, and is the reason I wouldnt even think of dealing with someone who I didnt see here for a while or had some confidence in them somehow.

Just a thought but I would recomend that anyone looking to trade sell or buy anything from a member consider the following thoughts.

See how long they have been around the site. It doesnt guarantee anything but if they have been around a long time chances are they werent just waiting to get you money and disapear.

Look if there a mod or obvious friend of a mod. Again no guarantees but a better chance of them not running scams.

Check if they are involved with other members. Chances are less likely to get ripped by someone who is active in the site and is known "personally" by other members. Still no guarantee but the risks are reduced.

Ask questions to a seller or buyer who doesnt fit the above. Find out who they have dealt with here b4 etc and follow up. It wouldnt hurt to get some personal info to investigate also, try to find out if they live at home or where they work (be carefull checking these out cause you dont want to get anyone into trouble if there honest) or what other quads or stuff they are into etc and see if its legit.

I know its not easy to pass up a deal, but its not worth it if you are not 100% sure everything is on the level and you are getting what you bargained for.

So many of the problems I have seen have been with younger members who are either forgetfull and lazy or have to rely on other people who are to get the stuff shipped or the money mailed etc. There have been a couple of purely rotten apples but most times it doesnt seem that problems were a result of fraud as much as stupidity or ignorance.

So be carefull and use your judgement and take the time to research who you are dealing with and if your not 100% comfortable dont just be mailing out money orders, and just find it someware else.

Maybe even explain your caution to the other party and if you check out better than they do work out a 50%-50% when you buy or make them underdstand you are reputable and would like to see what your getting first etc. and if they are not willing to work with you maybe just maybe you saved yourself a headache.

Who needs headaches anyhow :)

anywhereEx
06-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Good points 440EX4me

Guy400
06-10-2003, 11:18 PM
And never send cash. Always pay via Paypal, check or money order so it can be traced.

MITrail400EX
06-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey, I have to say that after reading that whole long post, it was like reading a script from "As the Quad turns". So heres what I have to say about the whole thing:

ride300exred: I was 16 once too. I worked 30 hours a week, which was all my employer would give me and saved my money for three years so I could buy my first truck. I put a $3000 down payment on a 2000 Dakota R/T and threw a $4k supercharger on it. By then, I was assisant manager at my job and was making enough to make the payments, but not much more. Two weeks after the blower was installed, some punks decided that it looked cool enough to take it for a joyride. About 6 hours later, the Detroit Police found it rapped around a tree in East detroit with 2 bloody teenagers hanging out of the windshield. The insurance company doubled my rates after the families of the pieces of **** tried to sue for damages. Now I am 21, make 3 times as much as I did then, and have an even faster truck. :-)
Point of that story: Life sucks. I'm glad that you were mature and grown up enough to try and fix the wrongs.
Derek: You suck. Really. The guy at least TRIED to fix some of the wrong doings. I have been screwed by full grown adults in online auctions before. Granted, I have the resources to make sure they didn't get away with it, but it goes to show that it doesn't matter how old the person is. Its how mature they are. The fact that 300EX tried to fix his mistakes shows he is 10X more mature than you, while you sit here and insult him. Grow up.
The rest of you: Hi. I don't really have anything to say to anyone else except Keep it tire-side-down.

Live2Ride300
10-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Wow, what a surprise, its ride300exred, I had a GREAT experience buying parts from you about a year and a half ago:o

I bought a pair of 400ex a-arms, works shocks that were supposedly for a 400ex, but they turned out to 13.75" long, when 400ex shocks are 16 inches long. I was supposed to get 2 shockwears for the front shocks, when I only got one. I mounted up the a-arms and a week later I busted one of the lower mounts clear through the a-arm. I was supposed to get 300ex footpegs with the deal, they didnt come with teh a-arms, shocks, tie rods and the ONE shockwear I got, I had to remind him to get it to me. Then I finnally got them. Sorry just venting, oh and did i mention the incredibly horrible packing job... Sorry for venting:mad:

Mods you can delete this if its too harsh, but sorry I dont like having this happen to me, then hearing about it happen to someone else by the same person makes me kinda mad. I sell about 50 parts a week on ebay and know how to handle these things in a professional business like way...