PDA

View Full Version : Looking for trails and camping w/in 200 miles of Lex, KY

bradleyheathhay
09-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm trying to put together a 3 night (Mon-Thurs) little get away and need some help finding a good location. Here's what I'm looking for...

1) 2 days worth of easy mostly non-technical ATV trail riding (w/ passenger) with good look outs.
2) Nearby camping with facilities that's not too crowded.
3) Rental cabins close to the trail head.

The first ATV park I know of is Black Mountain in Evarts KY. Lots of trails but I suspect they may lean more toward the technical side. Not sure about the cabin or camping situations in the area.

The second is Ride Royal Blue just off I75 in Pioneer, TN. Good easy trails and cabins, but the camping situations I'm not too sure about.

So...can anybody tell me about more locations w/in say 200 miles of Lex, KY that might be toward what I'm looking for?

bradleyheathhay
09-08-2016, 02:04 AM
After some research, Wilderness Trail Off Road Park close to Pineville, KY paired with the nearby Pine Mtn. State Park looks like a pretty good deal. Only 119 miles away, no trail fees (saving ~$140), decent log cabins at the park for $90/night vs. $140 other places, saving $100. People there say they have easy trails leading up to great views, called 'top of the world.' And with zip lines and hiking in the park I don't see how you could go wrong. Maybe they'll be a space we can set up a tent outside the cabin.

Anybody with experience with this area?

bradleyheathhay
09-10-2016, 07:27 AM
Someone had mentioned they thought Wilderness Trail Off Road Park was closed. Can anyone else confirm this?