PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need ideas/ suggestions ANYTHING!!!!

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Well everyone... I need to come up with some money. Im tryin to find a job still and I really need a more powerful quad if I want to be really competitive, everyone wants to see me on at least a 400 sized quad.... but I need to have at least a couple grand plus the price i could get for my 250x. I have tried coming up with certain ideas but so far I havent come up with anything that would make enough money. I would like to get a job and also be doing somethin on the side to be makin even more money, I just need ideas I havent been able to think of any..

Please guys no joking around about me "whoring around" for money, Im sick of the joke its not really funny anymore, I need some serious suggestions or ideas...

Dune Surfer
03-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Keep trying to get a job, or sell yours and borrow some $$ from your parents and buy a good used one. Good luck:)

Ryan
03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Well if you do find a decent job that pays good. You could try taking out a loan if your credit is any good? Or see if your parents could take out the loan for you.

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:18 PM
My parents wont help..I had this problem with them forever... they wont let me borrow anymore money (they loaned me $600 and then i got laid off) They are against the racing... they didnt even go watch my first race... and havent ever seen me ride... and ive begged for the co sign from them and havent gotten even a consideration for it. Jobs around here... I prolly couldnt get more than $6.50 an hr if im lucky so it would take me almost a yr to make just $2000 so I need somethin on the side

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 02:24 PM
$6.50 hr is better than nothing.

Dune Surfer
03-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Rich Boyfriend? OR try to find some sponsers;)

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
$6.50 hr is better than nothing.

yeah i know.. but it will take me quite a while to get the money id need to combine with money i could get for my X to get an alright race quad... Im tryin to come up with ways that could go on top of gettin a job........ so i can get more money faster....

flyin#5
03-24-2003, 02:33 PM
well idk about your area but my sister and a bunch of her friends around here sell phone stuff for a company.:ermm: not really sure how it works but they go around selling stuff and they get a lot of money for it. its not a scam either cuz her friends have been doing it for a year and now there making 20,000 a month:eek2: so you could look into something like that.

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
well idk about your area but my sister and a bunch of her friends around here sell phone stuff for a company.:ermm: not really sure how it works but they go around selling stuff and they get a lot of money for it. its not a scam either cuz her friends have been doing it for a year and now there making 20,000 a month:eek2: so you could look into something like that.

see if u can find out more info on that.......... id be interested in doin that!

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
cuz her friends have been doing it for a year and now there making 20,000 a month:eek2: so you could look into something like that.

I bet there sellin somethin......:devil

03-24-2003, 02:36 PM
a 350x motor swap..... u could prob a pick a whole motor or trike up reasonable.... a guy was sellin a 410x motor for 1500 bucks....that power in that chassis with your lightweigh would fly

AlaskaSpeed
03-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Well....let's see here.....your 250X is probably worth a cool 1000.00 and ya can't blame your parents for not wanting to co-sign for ya since ya burned them once. If you want to do the right thing you should sell the 250X and pay your parents back..........:huh

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Well....let's see here.....your 250X is probably worth a cool 1000.00 and ya can't blame your parents for not wanting to co-sign for ya since ya burned them once. If you want to do the right thing you should sell the 250X and pay your parents back..........:huh

I didnt burn them... they lent me the money and i got laid off..... theres not any place hiring right now so I am gonna pay them back when i get a job... they just now let me borrow the money like 2-3 months ago so its not like ive been owin them this money forever.... my 250x here.... i could sell it for $2500... quads run at a higher price here than a lot of places... my parents didnt wanna cosign with me just b/c they dont like quads and this was even before i borrowed money from them... should have made that a little more clear..... but im not burnin them or anything

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
a 350x motor swap..... u could prob a pick a whole motor or trike up reasonable.... a guy was sellin a 410x motor for 1500 bucks....that power in that chassis with your lightweigh would fly

I did consider this.. but this quad is 16 yrs old... im not really willing to pour a whole bunch of money into this quad b/c of the age it is and b/c i could get a more powerful quad thats quite a bit newer than 16 yrs old.... i mean dont get me wrong my lil X is in awesome condition but I really wouldnt wanna put too much effort into it and still be trailin everyone on the straight-aways b/c of the lack of power... If i got a good deal on a motor i might consider it still but I think Id much rather go with a 400 sized quad

03-24-2003, 02:53 PM
yeah the 350 motor will bolt right up ...no effort, your smaller in size so i was thinkin the 250 size would fit u a lil better, if your tight on cash and racing on a budget u gotta make sacrifices....also the stock 350x motor is fast the hp numbers are in low 30s i think i could be wrong.... u could fine a whole trike for 1200-1400 swap motors with your 250 and sell the trike for the same and have more power in your quad

03-24-2003, 02:54 PM
there will be no lack of power in that 350 ;)

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
yeah the 350 motor will bolt right up ...no effort, your smaller in size so i was thinkin the 250 size would fit u a lil better, if your tight on cash and racing on a budget u gotta make sacrifices....also the stock 350x motor is fast the hp numbers are in low 30s i think i could be wrong.... u could fine a whole trike for 1200-1400 swap motors with your 250 and sell the trike for the same and have more power in your quad

i'll keep this in consideration still..... if i find a good deal on a motor i might go through with it.. and it would only help the price on my X if i want to still sell it... the only thing about my X is it is somewhat small for me in some ways... I have long legs.. I had to get very high set handlebars and they are much wider also so i wouldnt have to slouch to reach the bars... and there arent as many aftermarket parts out for the 250x/300exs and it gets sorta frustrating at times tryin to find stuff

03-24-2003, 03:00 PM
:eek: hon265mxer rides a 250x and hes like 6 3 and hes not cramped , i think nowadays u can find just about anything for a quad, i mean look at lurches mojave if they dont make it they will for the right price:cool:

400grl
03-24-2003, 03:05 PM
How old are you? Can you work in a bar? If you can, then you should either have someone train you as a bartender (you can make alot of money bartending) or a cocktail waitress. If you could find a bar that served food during the day, even if you are young you may be able to get a day job serving in a place like that. There is always more money to be made when there is alcohol around then in just a regular restaurant. I made tons of money working in bars all through college.....;)

If you are really young - well....you just gotta find the best job you can. Try looking around at bike shops....see if they are hiring any parts help or even a cashier. It's always good to try to find work at a place that could benefit you in the long run - like employee discounts on parts or knowing techs that will work on your bike for free.....that type of thing. Even if it's not much, it's something. Small jobs lead to bigger, better paying jobs quickly if you are smart about where you get hired, work hard and meet the right people.

Don't go for anything that sounds like easy money - they are always scams. Or something you don't really bargain for....you will just waste time chasing after those types of jobs and being disappointed.

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 03:06 PM
in my opinion you should race the 250x for awhile and get used to racing before you move to a bigger quad.

AtvMxRider
03-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Corry is exactly right about finding a job at a local bike shop. That is something you should look into. Even if they don't pay **** it will be worth it for tha extras.

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 03:14 PM
in my opinion you should race the 250x for awhile and get used to racing before you move to a bigger quad.

eh..... im pinnin it full throttle all the way around tryin to get it to somewhat keep up with ppl...... im pinnin it and it just aint goin... i feel like i keep on wantin to push it more and more and it wont go any faster lol........ i had the thing 5th gear totally pinned in a straight in my race when the others didnt have it higher than 4th the whole race..... my friends bike broke down and i let her use mine just so she could get her points instead of a DNF and she was like i kept on thinkin where are the gears? lol

FourFiftyFour
03-24-2003, 03:16 PM
id like to work at a bike shop, i think it would be interesting.. the closest one is 40 min away from me.. the others are 1-2 hrs away at least... if there was one closer id be applyin def, but with gas so high i cant make those kind of trips for only $6 an hr is what they usually give around here at the shops (id only be able to pay for the gas to get there and back lol)

flyin#5
03-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 250xChick
see if u can find out more info on that.......... id be interested in doin that!

yeah ill ask them more about that but im not sure if its just in this area or what. and the good thing is these ppl are going to college and all that stuff and do this on the side! and its selling long distance for a phone company.

jcv400ex
03-25-2003, 05:27 AM
If it's selling Excell long distance....don't do it. I've been down that road....what a rip off..:(

QuadJunkies
03-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
How old are you? Can you work in a bar? If you can, then you should either have someone train you as a bartender (you can make alot of money bartending) or a cocktail waitress. If you could find a bar that served food during the day, even if you are young you may be able to get a day job serving in a place like that. There is always more money to be made when there is alcohol around then in just a regular restaurant. I made tons of money working in bars all through college.....;)

If you are really young - well....you just gotta find the best job you can. Try looking around at bike shops....see if they are hiring any parts help or even a cashier. It's always good to try to find work at a place that could benefit you in the long run - like employee discounts on parts or knowing techs that will work on your bike for free.....that type of thing. Even if it's not much, it's something. Small jobs lead to bigger, better paying jobs quickly if you are smart about where you get hired, work hard and meet the right people.

Don't go for anything that sounds like easy money - they are always scams. Or something you don't really bargain for....you will just waste time chasing after those types of jobs and being disappointed. you tok the words right out of my mouth...I used to bar tend and waitress years ago, and in the right place, you can really rack in the tips!!:blah

400grl
03-25-2003, 07:31 AM
QJ - too bad you live so far away - you and me could hang out!!!;) :D

jcv400ex
03-25-2003, 07:32 AM
QJ - too bad you live so far away - you and me could hang out!!!;) :D

I'll move!!:devil :eek2:

QuadJunkies
03-25-2003, 07:46 AM
QJ - too bad you live so far away - you and me could hang out!!!;) :D no kiddin... I think you and I should try and plan something, maybe bring your kids and bfriend along and we could have a wk end of riding sometime :)

AtvMxRider
03-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
no kiddin... I think you and I should try and plan something, maybe bring your kids and bfriend along and we could have a wk end of riding sometime :)

NO NO Corry you leave the BF home and Tina you leave Troy at home and I will meet you both and we can...................well you know;) :devil .

TheChknhwk
03-25-2003, 09:22 AM
NO NO Corry you leave the BF home and Tina you leave Troy at home and I will meet you both and we can...................well you know;) :devil .

No, I am the horniest of all the EX riders, they should meet ME, not YOU Jerry..... Alright you can come if you want, but just to watch;) :macho :devil Watch us ride that is... :huh

Foxyangel0425
03-25-2003, 10:06 AM
do you like kids? Maybe you can babysit during the day or wrk in a daycare. They make pretty good money i hear (more than i made years ago)

QuadJunkies
03-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk
No, I am the horniest of all the EX riders, they should meet ME, not YOU Jerry..... Alright you can come if you want, but just to watch;) :macho :devil Watch us ride that is... :huh OMG!!! you two are too much!!!!:eek:

FourFiftyFour
03-25-2003, 10:20 AM
lol i am awful with kids... i cant deal with the snotty noses, diapers, crying, etc.. I am the type of chick that a lot of adults call lack of motherly instincts.......

I called and looked around for a job...... no place hiring.... its gettin frustrating here :mad:

honda250xrider
03-25-2003, 10:29 AM
well you said you are giving it more gas just not getting any more speed you could try to regear it since you dont weigh very much, and if i remember right you have 18inch tires on there, that will bring the gearing way down, i would recommend you use 14 36 gearing for the weight you are and the type of tires you are running then you might find that you arent looking for another gear. also the 350x motor is a good idea, this is a little different though it is a 6 speed transmisson, i have heard this will beat a stock 400 in a drag and is putting a couple more hp than the 400 but i cant confirm if this is true or not, but first if i were you i would try to regear the quad if you have not already done so

roostin_dale
03-25-2003, 10:36 AM
I know your a girl but have ya thought about mowing yards? and other yard work?(if ya live in a smaller town)

I have about 15 yards plus the other work i do! Im 15 and i make GREAT money!

Ride400
03-25-2003, 10:46 AM
EBAY EVERYTHING.........when i needed money to buy my quad and even now when i need money i put stuff on ebay, its quick money. but im starting to run out of stuff to sell, ive ebay pretty much all my belongings lol

FourFiftyFour
03-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
well you said you are giving it more gas just not getting any more speed you could try to regear it since you dont weigh very much, and if i remember right you have 18inch tires on there, that will bring the gearing way down, i would recommend you use 14 36 gearing for the weight you are and the type of tires you are running then you might find that you arent looking for another gear. also the 350x motor is a good idea, this is a little different though it is a 6 speed transmisson, i have heard this will beat a stock 400 in a drag and is putting a couple more hp than the 400 but i cant confirm if this is true or not, but first if i were you i would try to regear the quad if you have not already done so

i already have diff tires..they arent the stock ones anymore.. im runnin turf tamers... i come out of the corners and the others just pull away from me.... very frustrating when i have the thing pinned and am riding as hard as i can...... just to clear a double part of a little step up.... i have to have it pinned...... ARGH.... i just dont have the money to spend on a 350x motor right now.....

03-25-2003, 10:52 AM
buy the whole trike! u wont lose any money if u throw your 250x engine in it and resell it after u swap the parts

400grl
03-25-2003, 11:07 AM
LOL!!!! you guys are killin' me!!! :)

honda250xrider
03-25-2003, 11:17 AM
could u tell me what gearing you are running right now?

toby400ex
03-25-2003, 12:06 PM
You would be very lucky to get $2500 for your 250x, Sunday i got $2500 for my 99 300ex with the 400ex plastic front suspension and pipe and filter with new tires.

FourFiftyFour
03-25-2003, 12:09 PM
around here used quads seem to be a bit higher priced than most at other places... possibly b/c im in the Houston, TX area and thats one of the larger cities in the nation. Also 250xs tend to hold value a bit if they are clean like mine.... when i bought the quad a couple months ago... it had the original spark plug, stock tires, stock air filter, etc on it... the sticker on the frame didnt have one scratch on it, so im sure i could prolly get $2500 for it.

AtvMxRider
03-25-2003, 12:35 PM
LOL!!!! you guys are killin' me!!! :)

:D I was just playin..........:devil But if you ever change your mind.

DEAL
03-25-2003, 01:47 PM
come raise some chickens with me.

TheChknhwk
03-25-2003, 04:01 PM
:D I was just playin..........:devil But if you ever change your mind.

I'm trying to think of something witty to say, but you girls get so much attention that I'm afraid I could do nothing more than draw you ire:ermm: <Hawk makes a wry face> On the other hand, I'm sure Jerry is your man:D