PDA

View Full Version : Checking valve clearnace and Gold Plugs

bradleyheathhay
07-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Doing this for the first time on the old 2011 Grizz 700 and have a few q's?

I've found valve clearance specs as such...

Intake 0.09–0.13 mm (0.0035–0.0051 in)
Exhaust 0.16–0.20 mm (0.0063–0.0079 in)

If anyone can confirm that'd be great. I've been told to adjust the valve clearances to the top of the range in anticipation that they will tighten over time. This sound about right?

Are these the only two o-rings I'll need to replace? Both #18s in the schematic...
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/ATV/2011/GRIZZLY+700EPS+4WD+HUNTER+-+YFM7FGPHA/CYLINDER+HEAD/parts.html

And finally, which of those two valve covers are the intake and exhaust?

Also, was wondering about replacing my two gear box oil drain plugs and engine oil plug with the magnetic Gold Plugs. But at a price of $60 I'm wondering if they're actually worth it. Do people regularly find metal bits attached to these plugs?

Thanks

honda400ex2003
08-02-2016, 11:44 AM
i posted the link to a manual in the other thread, it might still work. that should send you in the right direction with it.

i dont think a $60 tune up on an atv is worth it, outrageous actually. NGK has my heart, just standard plugs.

its pretty common to have a little metal on the drain plug as well, nothing to be concerned with unless theres a bunch on it all the time.

cant help with the valve covers, check out where your exhaust comes out and intake comes in, those will be the valves on each side.

steve