PDA

View Full Version : Check out my crack...

toonces
05-11-2016, 11:07 PM
What's the best way to fix this?...

Best idea so far is to clean it all up, sand the bottom side real good and find a piece of durable plastic I can shape and form to the bottom, and sand it as well. Then hold it all together somehow and epoxy the formed plastic to the bottom side. After curing, drill holes on both sides of the crack and thread wire through like shoelaces for support, pull tight and tie off.

Seems like I read about some kind of goop you could use in this situation but I forget what it was called. I believe it would take the place of the epoxy.

Right now I need advice on what kind of plastic to use and how to source it, as well as what kind of epoxy.

I'm all ears.

CJM
05-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Plastic welder from harbor freight tools, $20 bucks. Id melt the wire mesh it comes with in there for strength and then use the material it comes with as a filler. Works well. Epoxy wont hold that.

toonces
05-15-2016, 12:37 PM
thanks good advice. This is a 2011 Grizz 700 and someone pointed out the newer model pieces are backwards compatible and can be had for only 25 so that's prob the route I'll end up taking. Good to have your advice though.