PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get out this Saturday and RIDE! PA, NJ or DE

platinum350
04-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Not sure if it's because I'm on the mobile version but the "places to ride" section says there are about 6500+ posted but it's only showing 2?!

Anyway, looking for to meet up with a few fellas and ride somewhere different, prefer the NJ sand. I've heard about a couple spots but not sure about them without ever going before and hear the cops are cracking down quite a bit lately.

If anyone is heading out, give me a shout - private message me on here.

Joe

OldGuyonaQuad
04-19-2016, 04:35 PM
I will check back next time we go out but we usually take the 2-1/2 hr ride to AOAA. I will on occasion take my chances in Wharton as the park ranger patrols have become almost non existent.

platinum350
04-19-2016, 07:26 PM
Thanks, appreciate it. I've been to RAC and it was a little too rocky for my taste, especially now that I'm back on 2 wheels. I'm assuming AOAA is rocky too?

I've never been to Wharton, heard a lot about it but was under the impression that it was extremely hot with cops. I'd love to try that out sometime so def keep me posted.

CJM
04-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Problem with the NJ sand is unless you know where to park your getting busted. Ive been going to several spots over the years and all of them require you to know someone in order to park there. Otherwise any open areas or access roads the cops will find you, maybe not this time, but the next time. If they dont get you going in or in there already they nab you as you drive down the road cause they watch you pull out. Once the weather gets warm they come out in force and bother us in military hummers.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Yes AOAA can be rocky, but no whee near as bad as Lost Trails. RAC is diverse. You have the coal hills and plenty of technical trails but there are more than enough places (if you know where you are going) to hit 4th & 5th gear. AOAA over lap some of the old Trevorton trails that RAC riders accessed.

MY sister lives right off Wharton so i can park there. It's nice flat sandy trails but after 2 hours you are riding the same trails. I would love to cross 206 and take those trails all the way down to Batsto but it takes you right past the ranger station.

platinum350
04-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Problem with the NJ sand is unless you know where to park your getting busted. Ive been going to several spots over the years and all of them require you to know someone in order to park there. Otherwise any open areas or access roads the cops will find you, maybe not this time, but the next time. If they dont get you going in or in there already they nab you as you drive down the road cause they watch you pull out. Once the weather gets warm they come out in force and bother us in military hummers.

I'm afraid your probably right about when the weather breaks and all the people come out of the woodwork to ride., you know they'll be looking! If you have any recommendations on any of the spots that aren't too bad with cops or parking areas, please let me know by PM. I have a new bike that's dying for some NJ sand!

platinum350
04-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Yes AOAA can be rocky, but no whee near as bad as Lost Trails. RAC is diverse. You have the coal hills and plenty of technical trails but there are more than enough places (if you know where you are going) to hit 4th & 5th gear. AOAA over lap some of the old Trevorton trails that RAC riders accessed.

MY sister lives right off Wharton so i can park there. It's nice flat sandy trails but after 2 hours you are riding the same trails. I would love to cross 206 and take those trails all the way down to Batsto but it takes you right past the ranger station.

The one time I was at RAC I really didn't have a clue where I was going but you are right, I was able to get going on the logging type of roads which were smooth. About 10 years ago I went to Trevorton which I liked at the time, but I was on a quad.

That's a perfect location for your sister to live, be sure not to get into any arguments with her! lol
Wonder if you could find another way around the ranger station? Check on google maps and view using the satellite option.

Where do you live OldGuy?

OldGuyonaQuad
04-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Well there is no way to get on the other side of 206 from my sisters house and they do patrol the Batsto area. My sisters house faces the woods. A few years ago they would see rangers all the time impounding everything. The last 2-3 years it's been open game riding. I will pm you where all we go

I live in Bellmawr right over the bridge from Phila. All you coal miners have to go through Bellmawr to get to the Jersey shore ;)

OldGuyonaQuad
04-22-2016, 05:50 PM
correction I would PM you but your box is full

platinum350
04-22-2016, 06:59 PM
correction I would PM you but your box is full

Sorry about that, just cleared a couple out, try again!

platinum350
04-25-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey OldGuy, clear out some messages whenever you get a minute and then I can respond back.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2016, 08:23 AM
just did

CJM
04-26-2016, 05:18 PM
platinum350 your inbox is full.

platinum350
04-27-2016, 07:51 AM
platinum350 your inbox is full.

Sorry about that, should be good now!