PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@&&@&'

400ex23
04-09-2016, 05:19 PM
so i sold my 400ex to this cop. i told him and wrote on the post that it needs a new timing chain to run. i never told him that i welded the case because i didnt think it would matter. now hes calling me and telling me that it needs more parts and that i lied about the case and that it is fraud. is this true? he said hes coming to my house with cops if i dont give him his money back (which i dont have). he said he saved the texts and my craiglsit post. i am worried

DragonGunner
04-10-2016, 07:45 AM
so i sold my 400ex to this cop. i told him and wrote on the post that it needs a new timing chain to run. i never told him that i welded the case because i didnt think it would matter. now hes calling me and telling me that it needs more parts and that i lied about the case and that it is fraud. is this true? he said hes coming to my house with cops if i dont give him his money back (which i dont have). he said he saved the texts and my craiglsit post. i am worried

Always sell "as is" and even have buyer sign a receipt that says "as is" on it. However I don't see fraud unless he asked…"were the cases ever welded?" and you said no. As long as you never lied to a question on the text or listing its not fraud. You had told him about timing chain issue so it was up to him to look it over, test drive it….he did test drive it right? If he didn't then he knew he was taking a chance and thats all on him. Don't give him back his money, but its up to you…..if you knew the motor was destroyed and was going to cost way more than a timing chain thats not good practice and you should do the right thing….if not tell him see ya on judge judi and shut the door or you'll call the cops and have him charged for trespassing and intimidation by saying he's coming with his cop friends….thats against the law to intemedaite like that and he will be the one in hot water.

honda400ex2003
04-29-2016, 07:07 AM
as is, as shown is the most important thing to put on a receipt.

I agree with dragon otherwise.
steve