PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Finally Connects Trails

trailhouseowner
03-19-2016, 10:27 PM
As stated by the Hatfield McCoy Trail Authority

It's official....

On Memorial Day Weekend, the Devil Anse Trail System will be open. This system will be the connecting trail between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mountain and will add 70 miles of trails.... It's not just a connector- it's a legit trail system in and of itself...With all three trail systems, you will have over 300 miles of trails to enjoy.

And don't forget, Browning Fork Trailhouse has the closest place of lodging to the new connector off the Rockhouse Trail!

Saying we are excited is an understatement!!

honda400ex2003
04-07-2016, 10:34 AM
pretty cool, other than not being a sponsor of the site and promoting your business on here.

glad they finally got everything connected!

steve

OldGuyonaQuad
04-19-2016, 04:31 PM
As stated by the Hatfield McCoy Trail Authority

It's official....

On Memorial Day Weekend, the Devil Anse Trail System will be open. This system will be the connecting trail between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mountain and will add 70 miles of trails.... It's not just a connector- it's a legit trail system in and of itself...With all three trail systems, you will have over 300 miles of trails to enjoy.

And don't forget, Browning Fork Trailhouse has the closest place of lodging to the new connector off the Rockhouse Trail!

Saying we are excited is an understatement!!

congrats, this is the second or third announced opening that I'm aware of. This will be a pretty cool connector because it will take you right to Devil Anse's grave.

As for getting "it all connected" I know one of the end goals was to have the trails all connected but does anyone know what happened to Ivy Branch & Little Coal River? Neither are listed on the Hatfield McCoy site.
I think I'm done with WV for a bit, I've been there 3 times and it's very cool but last year all of the trail heads were so washed out it made slightly above easy trails very difficult.

We are doing Ride the Wilds in New Hampshire this year. Over 1,000 miles of trails with a great % of flat wide open scenic logging roads.

54warrior
04-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Hatfield-McCoy Trails (HMT) has a land agreement with all of the owners of the ground their trails are on. They don't lease the ground, they don't own the ground. At those two trails up north, a landowner passed away, the children didn't want the ground, and sold it. New landowner was unwilling to sign the agreement with HMT. So no more use of those trails. I've heard they are trying hard to come to terms with the new landowner.

That's the story I've been told from several good sources.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-22-2016, 05:42 PM
thanks for the info Warrior