PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance stuff

toonces
03-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Got my first quad this past fall a 2011 Grizz 700 EPS, and now that spring is getting close I'm thinking about getting back to work on maintenance stuff. So couple questions...

1. What are some regular maintenance points that are done in the spring on these machines?

and

2. What are the regular maintenance points that are done every so many miles that I should look to do?

Other than changing out a torn CV boot and cleaning some crap out of the air intake foam in the fall I really haven't done anything to the Grizz. So not knowing its maintenance history I'm assuming it's due for everything...all fluids changed out etc.

Oh btw it's only got about 750 mi on it right now.

Thanks I'm all ears

honda400ex2003
04-06-2016, 08:12 AM
my list is pretty basic, i go through as much as i can on them.

1. grease fittings, check axles as well as the steering stem to go with the arms
clean air filter
hub oil on front hubs (not sure if it has oil in them)
differential oil every couple thousand miles
engine oil every spring at the very least
check tire pressure
check bearings for wear
check valve clearance specs
check timing as well during valve check

2. i do the same list above regularly on all of my machines, be it atvs, sleds, cars, boats or whatever, they get spring or fall maintenance, even both sometimes if we put a lot of miles on one or the other.

steve

toonces
07-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks honda. Can't believe it took so long to get back here but glad to see the good advice. Couple follow ups...

How would I go about checking my timing during the valve check. What tool would I need?

Also, I've been told to run Mobile 1 in my diffs. What weight would be appropriate do you think?

toonces
07-28-2016, 04:49 PM
bump

honda400ex2003
08-02-2016, 10:58 AM
sorry i missed this one, you would need to have a feeler gauge to check the clearances on the valves to the cam. OEM specs are around here somewhere for them or in your manual.

you would also have to consult a manual on the proper procedure for checking your timing or find it online.

Here's the service manual, its in here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13289453/07-08-Grizzly-700-Service-Manual

i would only use a 80w90 or some other differential oil, brand is preference. yamaha may call for some other weight but youd have to check for sure. it should say in your owners manual and in the service manual.

steve