PDA

View Full Version : Kart wheels tires on apex 90

coleschweiger
11-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has some info on the easy way to make this swap. Buddy races karts so I got set of wheels and tires. My question is what's the easiest most coat effective way to fit these on my sons apex 90? Easier to modify smaller kart hub to fit apex splined axel or? I dug through some old posts but nobody really explains what's needs to be done. Thanks in advance

LT80
12-01-2015, 07:20 AM
I lathe the splined part out of the stock rear hub then simply stick it in the kart hub.
I have a set here that a customer ordered and didn't get. They are for a LT80 but they might be the same spline.
I didn't run kart tires on the front because when I did, it was very scary. They seem to dart around.I ran knobby's on the front.

TTracer#22
12-29-2015, 09:53 PM
I did this to my sons DRR and after weighing a full cart set up and a DRR setup with machined hubs the weight was not even ounces different. We ran 24 front 22 rear and it

desratt
01-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Brian long time no see. How ya doing?
we actually used a titanium carting axle on our cobra. The axle was wider much stronger and lighter. we had to get the right bearings to put in the carrier is about all.