PDA

View Full Version : 400ex for Beachcross

Baxter
10-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Racing beachcross on the 400ex and love it but the engine is slightly lacking something. The motor is completely stock but added Teixeira Tech +2 a arms, stem , Tusk +4 axle and Elka stage 3 shocks , front and back.

We have an Evo class here in the UK , in which I would race Banshee's and 250r's. My main problem is beating a built Banshee. The 250r's break down far too much to worry about.

What motor builds would be best , don't want mega horsepower , just the best and keep alot of the stock reliability.

Been using a 700xx most of the time and using the 400ex as a back up. The 400ex bounces better than the 700xx.

honda400ex2003
10-30-2015, 08:35 AM
if it is a worked banshee, you wont keep up in a straight anyway regardless of what you build imo. you will get them when it is technical, though. 250r's will beat you pretty much everywhere in all honesty as well unless it is a stock one but no one would race a stock one LOL

anyway, if i was going to build something again that was a good overall machine and reliable to race- it wouldnt be a 440 it doesnt rev quite fast enough without quite a bit of extra flywheel and weight savings work. it would be a 416cc 12.5:1 with a stage 3 cam, HD head studs, 15/37 gears, 450r carb that is jetted well, full exhaust, EHS open air box lid and a uni or k&n with an outerwear filter with the snorkel removed and plugged, bigger oil tank and bigger cooler and/or a spal 4" fan to go with the tank. add some 20" rear tires and rip!

that would be a very very nice build imo if you have the money to put into it. yeah you could go to a 426 or a 440 piston but you arent going to gain a ton from the bore size, more so the compression for rev's and low end for the sand on a beach. it will be a very reliable build with the better studs and the extra cooling, if it is 90° outside it will heat soak quickly and lose power. you would be amazed how much you can lose as they start to get quite warm.

steve