PDA

View Full Version : caught

400ex23
09-29-2015, 03:49 PM
i was wondering what would happen if i got caught on my 400ex riding on the streets. i have the title and bill of sale, if they impound it how much would it cost to get it out. if i was riding on private property what would they do? im in ny.

Zakradu398
09-30-2015, 08:52 AM
i was wondering what would happen if i got caught on my 400ex riding on the streets. i have the title and bill of sale, if they impound it how much would it cost to get it out. if i was riding on private property what would they do? im in ny.

What is your problem with these threads you're making? I assume you must be very young (and dumb) to be asking these things on a public forum..

400ex23
09-30-2015, 05:27 PM
i was just asking a question dumbass im new to this stuff

Zakradu398
10-01-2015, 08:33 AM
i was just asking a question dumbass im new to this stuff

Asking if riding on a public road is legal with an ATV on a public forum and I'm the dumbass...

You seem like a future darwin candidate, carry on.

CJM
10-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Go ahead and find out...

400ex23
10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Asking if riding on a public road is legal with an ATV on a public forum and I'm the dumbass...

You seem like a future darwin candidate, carry on.

your pretty stupid because thats not what i asked. i asked what happens with impounding.

CJM
10-04-2015, 07:16 PM
your pretty stupid because thats not what i asked. i asked what happens with impounding.

If you really must know you need a release from the PD and get to pay the towing fee, storage fee, and so forth. Its costly.

Dont be stupid and ride on the road if its illegal.

SpasticR450
10-07-2015, 12:57 AM
WOW hypocrites. We all drive or drove on the road before and no reason we can't if it's in the country. It's about $200 ticket but most cops will let you go if it's country, don't do it in city.

SpasticR450
10-07-2015, 01:06 AM
And stop bickering about his questions, if you don't ask you will never learn.

DragonGunner
10-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Different laws for different counties and states. Here in Indiana my county is one of the few that won't allow ATV on streets, but in town golf carts and such can ride, illegal but local law allows it….thats stupid. The law around here never hassled us riding roads until idiots abused it. Now they will give you fine, some officers are pretty cool and had a understanding if we just drove them slow straight to the local trails they weren't too concerned, but just out riding small town or roads they do. Many guys still do, it one of those things if you get caught you get caught. If your on someones private property the landowner could pursue trespass charges, and you always run risk of impoundment and towing. If you can register them for roads thats the thing to do, otherwise trailer it, or talk to local officer about it if just a short distance to your local trails.

chucked
10-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Around here you would get arrested, probably $2000-$5000 in fines (separate tickets $500 each). Bike would be impounded, probably $500 or to get that out. Several points on your license, if not taken away. If the title for the bike isn't in your name you won't get it back.

honda400ex2003
10-27-2015, 12:09 PM
whats the verdict of this anyway? did the OP go for a cruise around the streets of whatever town he lives in?

wi is getting better with more streets opening to atvs in some towns and cities but theres still a long way to go. you would be hunted down and ticketed if caught on a road illegally.

steve

matt14c
11-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I was caught but after I dipped in a field and got away. Onlooking neighbor told officer where I lived and they showed up about an hour later. Impounded quad. Was arrested and charged for fleeing and alluding (A Felony). Spent 3 days in jail before I could get bailed out. Cost me $2500 in lawyer fees alone but luckily got the felony dropped to misdemeanor. Quad was in impound for 6 days. That was over $500. Court costs and fees was a little over a grand. Was riding from my house to dads to get a tool while working on my truck. Had a backpack on and cop was responding to a breaking and entering in the area. Told me thats why he chased me. Normally he wouldn't have. Had helmet on. Wasn't speeding or doing anything stupid. Seen cop slowed down and pulled through a ditch into a field. Used to ride all over on roads did so for 15+ years never an issue. Now i won't even ride out to mailbox.