PDA

View Full Version : 440 jetting

jake lagerstrom
09-20-2015, 01:17 PM
hey guys im sure it is on here somewhere. But I bought a wiseco 440 12.5:1 big bore piston, a 440 big bore cylinder and jug, stage 2 hot cam, and a 450 carbuator (keihn) with a stage 2 and 3 jet kit the quad already had a highflow header, a hmf slip on, and a uni intake filter. I was wondering what some other peple have jetted theirs at. if you guys could help with any sugestions. aslo i was going to see if anybody has ran methonal in their machines. I have used it on my gocrt motors and on a old school minibike 6.5 hp motor. i know i wouldhave to advance the timing and id need to get huge jets for that. like i said i was seing if anybody hase done methonal to their machine

JOHNDOE83
10-21-2015, 09:00 AM
hey guys im sure it is on here somewhere. But I bought a wiseco 440 12.5:1 big bore piston, a 440 big bore cylinder and jug, stage 2 hot cam, and a 450 carbuator (keihn) with a stage 2 and 3 jet kit the quad already had a highflow header, a hmf slip on, and a uni intake filter. I was wondering what some other peple have jetted theirs at. if you guys could help with any sugestions. aslo i was going to see if anybody has ran methonal in their machines. I have used it on my gocrt motors and on a old school minibike 6.5 hp motor. i know i wouldhave to advance the timing and id need to get huge jets for that. like i said i was seing if anybody hase done methonal to their machine

I had almost the same setup and i used a 220 main jet and a 50 pilot, the only difference is I had bigger valves, my 220 was slightly lean.

Good luck, mine was stricktly for drag racing so hopefully youll be pleased with some bigger jets.

The stage 3 jet kit is probabaly a 190main even though it says 175 or something like that.

DragonGunner
10-21-2015, 06:00 PM
I have a 2004 TRX450R carb on my KTM 520 12:1 motor and it runs 200 main, 52 slow jet open air box….so I would think that would be close starting point. I'm at 720 feet and see your from IL so should be close to same attitude and weather conditions, I might be just a tad rich in hot summer. I would think 190 to 220 should be in the ball park.