PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket gas cap wont stay put

TacicalRedneck
09-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Ok, so this new 400 I bought has an aftermarket gas cap, the brand is project 3 2 1. it started leaking when I got it, from the cap, so I put Teflon tape on the threads. You could srew it tight and then screw a little more and it would come loose. Now it wont even get tight I can just pull it straight off...

anyone else had problems with aftermarket gas caps?

The threads on the tank look normal, as do the threads on the cap..:confused:

TacicalRedneck
09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
also another question- when this quad dies it doesn't want to start back up. I still have 87 in there from the purchase instead of 93. going to put 93 back into it. The quad runs great, no popping, etc... I think it has an aftermarket carb I forgot the name on it, so surely its been jetted.

DragonGunner
09-04-2015, 05:23 AM
Ok, so this new 400 I bought has an aftermarket gas cap, the brand is project 3 2 1. it started leaking when I got it, from the cap, so I put Teflon tape on the threads. You could srew it tight and then screw a little more and it would come loose. Now it wont even get tight I can just pull it straight off...

anyone else had problems with aftermarket gas caps?

The threads on the tank look normal, as do the threads on the cap..:confused:

I have aftermarket and its fine…..my guess is its the wrong cap for the 400EX. ebay time for another.

DragonGunner
09-04-2015, 05:26 AM
also another question- when this quad dies it doesn't want to start back up. I still have 87 in there from the purchase instead of 93. going to put 93 back into it. The quad runs great, no popping, etc... I think it has an aftermarket carb I forgot the name on it, so surely its been jetted.

Ya but was it jetted right? Sounds like you have a few issues, got to get to know your machine which is tough since it was used and your not sure what all has been done to it.