PDA

View Full Version : 07 450ER Running weird

peteblake14
08-28-2015, 09:49 AM
When I am going t higher speeds for extended periods of times, sometimes my quad will just shut off, it bogs down and feels as if its out of gas, (which isn't the case). It won't start right away so i wait a few minutes then fires right up like nothing happened. One time it happened I tried turning the valve to reserve just for ****s and giggles and it worked right away, not sure if this was coincidence or if it had something to do with the problem. Also wasn't sure if this could be an overheating issue and it shuts itself down?? Any input would be helpful, thanks fellas.

Scro
08-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Check your vent line to make sure it's not clogged.

atvnmark
04-09-2016, 05:14 PM
When I am going t higher speeds for extended periods of times, sometimes my quad will just shut off, it bogs down and feels as if its out of gas, (which isn't the case). It won't start right away so i wait a few minutes then fires right up like nothing happened. One time it happened I tried turning the valve to reserve just for ****s and giggles and it worked right away, not sure if this was coincidence or if it had something to do with the problem. Also wasn't sure if this could be an overheating issue and it shuts itself down?? Any input would be helpful, thanks fellas.

Did you get it figured out? I have a 06 doing the same thing

Fast470r
04-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Doubt it's the float I'd say it's electrical. I know their different quads but buddy's raptor did something similar till I fixed a broken wire by shifter. I have a 05 but I'll help you troubleshoot

desratt
04-22-2016, 09:45 PM
pull the pepcock off of the tank. there is a screen in there that will plug up. clean it and try it again.