PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Shocks

Chipotle
08-22-2015, 01:27 PM
I have two questions about aftermarket shocks.
1.) I have a friend with Elka Stage 3 shocks he is willing to give me for cheap. He had them on his KFX450r and yfz450 before he replaced them with Fox Shocks. Will these work on a 400ex? I will send them off to be set for weight and serviced but wanted to know if they would bolt up.

2. Same friend also looking to sell his fox shocks. If I were to buy them would I have to send them off for weight or is that an air pressure setting?

DragonGunner
08-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Might be too wide and too short….I had yfz450 shocks on the EX at one time….we had to fab the top shock mounts on frame wider to fit, and the bottom a arms we had to fab and weld higher because they were shorter travel than the Ex's.

TacicalRedneck
08-27-2015, 07:16 PM
I have two questions about aftermarket shocks.
1.) I have a friend with Elka Stage 3 shocks he is willing to give me for cheap. He had them on his KFX450r and yfz450 before he replaced them with Fox Shocks. Will these work on a 400ex? I will send them off to be set for weight and serviced but wanted to know if they would bolt up.

2. Same friend also looking to sell his fox shocks. If I were to buy them would I have to send them off for weight or is that an air pressure setting?

What kind of fox shocks