PDA

View Full Version : Calling all like-minded torque spec nerds...

toonces
08-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Man I clicked through all 500+ pages of this digital service manual I have for my '11 Grizz 700 and nowhere is this torque spec. So frustrated. Here's the bolt...

It's what I'm calling the 'lower brake pad bolt' on the front wheel of the bike. Here's the schematic...it's #15 bottom center...

Not a huge deal but if you happen to know where to find this spec without too much trouble I'd appreciate a hand with this one. A link to the graphic or info would be nice too.

blacknblue#2
08-22-2015, 07:24 AM
if you know the thread specs you can look up a national standard for the torque spec. I do this on drain bolts cause ive found the manual specs to be more than the national standard. Which I believe is part of the reason for all these stripped drain plugs

JOHNDOE83
08-25-2015, 08:06 AM
Man I clicked through all 500+ pages of this digital service manual I have for my '11 Grizz 700 and nowhere is this torque spec. So frustrated. Here's the bolt...

It's what I'm calling the 'lower brake pad bolt' on the front wheel of the bike. Here's the schematic...it's #15 bottom center...

Not a huge deal but if you happen to know where to find this spec without too much trouble I'd appreciate a hand with this one. A link to the graphic or info would be nice too.

torque specs are almost "ALMOST" irrelevant, for a brand new bolt on a brand new motor yes torque specs matter. But once the "new" bolt is tightend to spec on a "new" motor or part then heated up multiple times the bolt and hole are slightly stretched and not 100% the same. If youve ever tried to tighten a bolt to spec and snapped it or bent it, its because the torque value of said bolt is compromised by heat and tension.

I dont use a torque wrench anymore, never had a issue.