PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing parts and axle grease

toonces
07-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Replacing one of the front lower boots on a '11 700 grizz and not sure where to source the part. This is my first service job on this bike or on an atv period. I'd like to get at least OEM, but if there's something better that's not too much more I'd probably go for that. What's the best place to source this part w/ the best price? So far I've found...

YamahaPartsNation.com

YahamaPartsPitStop.com

BikeBandit.com

RockyMountainATVmc.com

And last, I've watched a couple youtube vids on doing the boot swap and seems fairly simply. To change out the lower boot you have to remove the whole axle (jerk it out), take the top boot off, dismantle the top side, then replace the bottom boot from the opposite side. But when they go to put the axle back in I haven't seen anyone mention regreasing the splines of the axle before reinserting? Surely this is just something they've left out. What type of grease should be used here?

Any tips on doing this job much appreciated!

fastredrider44
07-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Honda East Toledo is a site sponsor and has very good prices. Otherwise, Rocky Mountain has always come through for me, or if you have any local shops, they may be able to help you out. As far as re-greasing the axle, just depends on who you talk to. Some like dry, some like grease and some like anti-seize. I'll let you do your own research as to which you prefer, but as far as grease, I really like the Maxima Water-proof grease as an all around grease for fourwheelers.